Sponsored

New here, probably getting kicked out for first post, but I think the first buyers are making a mistake.

03ZnChicago

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Corvette Z06
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1. I'm concerned with the new model, issues that we all know happen. And 2. 18 - 24 months from now there are going to be a ton of these on the Ford used car lots. 3. where is there any value to a depreciating vehicle (retorical question)? 4. that said, looking two years down the road to joining these owners.
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In 18 months, the earliest deliveries won't have had their vehicles for a year. Unless you're saying that people are going to hate the Bronco once they drive it. Just not seeing it.

OP
OP

03ZnChicago

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Corvette Z06
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In 18 months, the earliest deliveries won't have had their vehicles for a year. Unless you're saying that people are going to hate the Bronco once they drive it. Just not seeing it.
Apples, agree with your timing. Also agree with the idea that folks aren't going to like the vehicle as much as they are enamored with the new and shiny object. I'm in the car business on the lender side- it'll be interesting to see what residuals FMC comes out with the 3 year lease. That'll tell the whole story. Cheers!

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

1. I'm concerned with the new model, issues that we all know happen. And 2. 18 - 24 months from now there are going to be a ton of these on the Ford used car lots. 3. where is there any value to a depreciating vehicle (retorical question)? 4. that said, looking two years down the road to joining these owners.
One word - Warranty. And after that expires, two words - Extended Warranty. See you on the trails in two years, mean while I'll be enjoying my worry free, under Warranty Bronco. Life is Good, Enjoy.
person.gif

Last edited:

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco is based off of the Ranger.
And the B6G uses Ford's current "design language ".

If someone doesn't already have a good idea about what they are going to get.
A few days renting Rangers and F150s will let them make an informed decision.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I still own my first truck I got at 14. I don't sell, I add to the stable. So ill enjoy my new Bronco without a care in the world about resale or how many or little get traded in.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey somebodys gotta do it. And I for one thank each and everyone of them for their service. They will always be remembered as the proud first year owners that made it possible for the rest of us to purchase our Lightning Blue/white top 2.7 MT BaseSquatches with the washout interior and the upgraded 1800 watt inverter on X-plan.

Thankyou First Year Buyers, you are real American heroes!
Ford Bronco New here, probably getting kicked out for first post, but I think the first buyers are making a mistake. 1603179398972

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like your points 2 and 3 still apply to you if you’re buying the Bronco 2023 model year. It’s a depreciating asset that will have used units on the market. If the Bronco is any competition to the Jeep (which it will be), used market value will be high.

So realistically you’re only concerned about potential issues with the brand new 2021 model year. Looking at the engine, frame, onboard technology...the 2021 Bronco is based on established systems that Ford already uses. Ranger frame, 2.3 and 2.7L engines in multiple Ford lineups already, sync system already well tested. Maybe the suspension is different, but they’ve been toying with that on the Raptor for years. I don’t really see where your concern is. Sure, the Bronco might have some hiccups. Every single car release does. But slim chance it’ll be catastrophic to the vehicle nostalgia and brand. Buy one if you want it. Or don’t. No one is changing their minds here if they want the Bronco. The only reason I’d wait til 2023 is for the hybrid.

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not sure exactly how many times this question has been posted, guessing a dozen or so. All with the same answer; we are not worried.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If youre in the biz you should know that values will be strong at least until the backlog of reservations is filled.

When I take delivery of the first FE from Granger at 1k below invoice Im pretty sure I could turn around and make 7k on the Bronco if I wanted the next day.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not an issue, I get calls about my extended warranty all the time. Lol
Hilarious. I saw this on Facebook right before I read your comment lol. I’ve also seen it carved into pumpkins and a few others scenarios.

Ford Bronco New here, probably getting kicked out for first post, but I think the first buyers are making a mistake. 8B49CB86-0DDA-41DF-B09A-B2A0C56B782F
Sponsored