Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had a 2003 Wrangler from 2003 to 2009. Loved it. Soft top very easy to take off. I wanted a truck in 2009 and my wife talked me into trading the Wrangler for an F-150. I should have kept the Wrangler and got the F-150.

I've wanted a Wrangler (or something similar) ever since. I want a 4x4 vehicle that can go topless and is very easy to switch between top on/top off.

The Wrangler has better wheels, colors, top options, and easier to purchase. I want a 2 dr and so far I see no soft top option for the Bronco. And I'm not too keen about the Bronco gray MIC top. So far it looks like the Wrangler can switch top on/top off quicker and easier than the 2 dr Bronco with MIC or modular top.

That said, I'd still rather get a Bronco. The Bronco is better looking overall than the Wrangler. But the wait may eventually break me. I may not be able to control myself next summer if I see a Wrangler on a dealer lot somewhere. It's going to take a lot of will power to wait for the Bronco.
Sponsored

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

While Jeep does traditionally have some fun colors, my 2013 is bright Gecko Green, it looks like the Bronco has the Wrangler beat this year in the color category:

Jeep
Black-Granite-Gray-Silver-Snazzberry-Firecracker-Hellayella-SargeGreen-White
1603222691758.png

Bronco
1603222905506.png
Yes, Jeep has been working on perfecting their grey palette.. /S

Ford Bronco APPLES (BRONCO) VS ORANGES (WRANGLER) 1603223462200

However there will be some cool colors coming up soon for MY21.

Ford Bronco APPLES (BRONCO) VS ORANGES (WRANGLER) 1603223623409

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...cko-nacho-and-chief-blue-no-more-sarge.57602/

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh I like this idea because I have been back and forth for months now between the two. But the no X-Plan might be the nail in the coffin BUT the Build and Price could blow it out of the water for me. Will have to wait

The one thing I do know, what I like about the Wrangler more:

1 - Wheels look so much better from factory, especially Rubicon and Willys

2- Colors, love the look of them way more

3- Tops look better IMO.

4 - Cold Group has heated steering wheel, while you need Lux Package for the Bronco

5 - Loaded aftermarket

What I like about Bronco more

1 - It is going to be better on the road (most likely) better MPG probably too

2- More features up front, bigger screen, safety features, etc

3 - Doors and roof will be easier to remove

4 - I trust Fords reliability more than FCA
^^^^^^^this...
+ Bronco is sure gonna be a helluva lot safer than a Jeep death box. Sorry Jeep lovers.

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While Jeep does traditionally have some fun colors, my 2013 is bright Gecko Green, it looks like the Bronco has the Wrangler beat this year in the color category:

Jeep
Black-Granite-Gray-Silver-Snazzberry-Firecracker-Hellayella-SargeGreen-White

Bronco
But Bro! The Freakin' Snazzberry Pearl Coat is Sick

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Knowing that color chip does Gecko Green no justice whatsoever kinda makes me excited to see what the Chief blue will look like in person. Still waiting for Ford to throw us a Velocity Blue bone over here.

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Speaking of oranges.... Can any of the serious Jeep/Off-road enthusiasts in the crowd say what it costs to outfit a vehicle like this? Lift, Shocks, Wheels, & Tires. Is this something that Jeep offers or just after-market? From what I could tell it as the Fox shocks and running 37"s

Gladiator.jpg
This is not too far off from the Jeep Gladiator Mojave. And for those of us more interested in running through the desert, than crawling over rocks it may fit. Just built this, because you know B&P. Its a badass, V6, Manual, Fox Shocks, and Premium Cloth Interior! A dynamic 4x4 for high speed which only locks the back, the front can be variable for high speed maneuvers. It has just one special mode... Off Road+, its the (+) I like! LOL! Wheels are standard 17 inch rims and 33's. I know so much because I wanted it so bad, then I gave in to the Wildtrack. As you can guess, I'm back on the fence.

Quick edit, all I added to the Base Mojave was safety group, adaptive crusie, cold winter group, and Aux switches. Tow package allowing me to tow 7650 lbs.

Edit 2. This build includes the Automatic Transmission. If I keep the manual its only $48,765 ish. So there's that and a lot of people like that.

You want to argue against? I'd prefer to not hear, nor do I care for any opinions or facts against. This thing is sick! I'm actually beginning to wonder why I am even waiting for Ford when this exists.

Ford Bronco APPLES (BRONCO) VS ORANGES (WRANGLER) 1603226972827

Peace Bronco's

Last edited:

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not too far off from the Jeep Gladiator Mojave. And for those of us more interested in running through the desert, than crawling over rocks it may fit. Just built this, because you know B&P. Its a badass, V6, Manual, Fox Shocks, a dynamic 4x4 for high speed which only locks the back, the front can be variable for high speed maneuvers. It has just one special mode... Off Road+, its the (+) I like! LOL! Wheels are standard 17 inch rims and 33's. I know so much because I wanted it so bad, then I gave in to the Wildtrack. As you can guess, I'm back on the fence.

You want to argue against? I don't really care for your opinions or your facts, this thing is sick!

Peace Bronco's
Thanks.... looks like the additional options would be the Lift, winch, beadlock 17" wheels, and 37" tires. When I priced out a fully optioned out Gladiator Rubicon (without the above) I was pushing $64K.

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks.... looks like the additional options would be the Lift, winch, beadlock 17" wheels, and 37" tires. When I priced out a fully optioned out Gladiator Rubicon (without the above) I was pushing $64K.
Yeah, these are pretty sweet out of the gate if you're looking for more of the high speed option. I just made some edits.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll second any other positive comments about the Bronco and add...

Not a Fiat! (...or Stellantis)

Sponsored

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll second any other positive comments about the Bronco and add...

Not a Fiat! (...or Stellantis)
I freaking love the Bronco, I am no longer thinking about the Wildtrak and instead planning on a BL. I feel like Ford should have pushed the whole release back rather than stick to a schedule they could not meet.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Speaking of oranges.... Can any of the serious Jeep/Off-road enthusiasts in the crowd say what it costs to outfit a vehicle like this? Lift, Shocks, Wheels, & Tires. Is this something that Jeep offers or just after-market? From what I could tell it as the Fox shocks and running 37"s

If it has fox shocks, it is probably the Mopar 2” lift with 37’s. I think that kit is $1700 and pretty easy to install. This one has tires and wheels added too.

Keep in mind the Rubicon can run 35’s stock, so this is the equivalent of putting 2 more inches on and already 1.2” lifted Sasquatch.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah, B&P compares are going to be a thing for me too. Especially when December rolls around and Jeep dealers are trying to empty their lots. Also since the Gladiator now comes with the trailer brake controller.

I really want a Bronco, but if it is way over in price (and no XPlan makes the equation worse), well there is something to be said for letting the competition settle out price per value for a few years.

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me personally
Wrangler pro’s
- been around forever with tons of aftermarket support
- exterior still looks great
- suspension is ready for serious off-road
- colors
Wrangler con’s
- engine “It’s probably just a me thing but I hate it, hate everything about it, hate it’s weak power, hate that when a lifter goes bad it destroys the Camshaft and takes out the engine, hate when oil filter housing cracks and have to take off the entire intake manifold and lower plenum to replace it, hate that the wrong oil filter or oil filter failure will destroy the engine, hate that the oil pump fails and causes low oil pressure that destroys the engine.” Sorry had to vent, I’ve replaced too many dodge v6 engines in my career and I absolutely hate that engine. Right next to dodge 2.4 4cyl.
- transmission is weak, I dunno about everyone else but Up here in the high desert the Jeep trans does not last going up and down the Cojan pass, they don’t last long on trips to Vegas, and add 35’s with out gearing it and that trans becomes a ticking time bomb for failure.
- All the interior, I dare say my 2000 Nissan Frontier interior looks better.

Bronco pro’s
- I dunno lol haven’t driven it or messed with it in person.
- engine... at stock hp and boost I can see the engine out lasting at least 2 turbos
- turbo, I’ve replaced a couple mustang turbos due to bad oil and lack of oil changes. The turbo Oil feed lines Clog up very easily. I’ve replaced many ford turbos for seals going bad and causing the turbo to either suck up oil or leak from the seams.
bronco con’s
- no build and price, up to a year before we get them.

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

3.5inch JKS lift, 37 inch nittos, rubicon wheels; about $7500 range if I remember. no plans to do any significant off-roading.

from a previous post of mine; copy and paste

I also prefer the trucks. Have a couple of broncos on reserve, but will likely also get a new gladiator within the next year because of the new snazberry red. As far as looks, a lifted gladiator has few peers. Priced a Mojave Snazberry out, not cheap--about $66k then will need lift/tires. My current black one was about $54k and add the 3.5 inch lift and 37 inch tires, etc.

iris310dhg91-jpg-jeep-gladiator-snazberry-red-jpg.jpg

jeep1-png.png
Sponsored