Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For sure. At this point, we are all in this shit storm together!
Could not agree more! At least there's a few positives to this:

1) we may finally be Bronco 6g owners
2) we can actually see our vehicles color in-person and know what it really looks like?
Sponsored

Jms1

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah that’s too bad. I’m not a big fan of Lithia. I called and have stopped in once with disappointing results from that dealer. My plan is to move that reservation because they are not interested in my business or the Bronco. Pretty sad when you walk in and know more about the Bronco then the guy selling it.
Try calling "Craig Fronek" at Butler Ford, he is on top of what's going on with the Bronco. No dealer additional mark up and they accept the X plan no problem. They continue to reach out to me, send Ford updates via email and answer any questions regardless if your reservation is with them.

BroncoBC

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Try calling "Craig Fronek" at Butler Ford, he is on top of what's going on with the Bronco. No dealer additional mark up and they accept the X plan no problem. They continue to reach out to me, send Ford updates via email and answer any questions regardless if your reservation is with them.
I appreciate the information. I’m with Granger. You cannot beat transparency and the 2000 below dealer invoice.

tb8983

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 1993 SSP mustang notchback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just finished working a deal for the forum members at Damerow Ford in Beaverton Oregon. When/if you reach out to them, please mention this forum. Tell’em Duck sent you. :) Here is a screenshot of the e-mail confirmation I received.

C7C60B86-B07E-4CA1-B478-C03A65C554E4.jpeg
Well looks like I need to change from Dicks macenzie ford to damerow. Mine will be a long wait as I'm probably going to get a mansqatch and thos are late available

sprtsmac

Big Bend
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F-150 XLT, 2019 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well looks like I need to change from Dicks macenzie ford to damerow. Mine will be a long wait as I'm probably going to get a mansqatch and thos are late available
Have you heard anything from Dick's? I got my reservation through them and I haven't much from them. Thinking about giving them a call and seeing if they are offering anything like Damerow.

Sponsored

tb8983

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 1993 SSP mustang notchback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you heard anything from Dick's? I got my reservation through them and I haven't much from them. Thinking about giving them a call and seeing if they are offering anything like Damerow.
The one time I was in there to test drive a ranger(so I could see what the power was like) they couldn't tell me anything

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From Moses Lake and planning on the wife dropping me at the Spokane airport flying to Portland and doing a Uber or Lyft to Damerow.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
+1

There is also the issue of repatriation of sales tax between OR/WA. That used to be a hassle the decades ago when I bought a car in OR. Not exactly sure how it works now.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If that was the case, simply choosing a better county's sales tax to order in would be nearly as good as $1K off! Being in Seattle, the sales tax rate here is ridiculous. But then you have to figure out the Bronco allocation by dealerships and weigh how many back-country dealerships will be getting enough Bronco's that yours has a chance of being built.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Because if a OR dealership either charges you your local sales tax rate, or the DOL hits you with your local sales tax rate when you title the car, you didn't really save anything now did you?

One thing is for certain, you WILL pay WA sales tax on a vehicle purchased in OR. It just might not be until you renew your tabs.

Benny4jesus

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys, I was told by my WA state DMV office that all the taxes you pay in OR (city, privilage, use, whatever) can be credited over to your final tax costs in WA......as long as they all show up on the paperwork! That's the key.
As far as what county/state you end up buying your Bronco in, it won't matter. You'll pay for WA city/state tax IN THE COUNTY YOU LIVE IN when you get tabs. All the taxes you paid in OR will be credited towards your city/state taxes in your county.

If anyone is told anything different, please let me know. A shout out to my 6G gangstas for keeping us all in the loop!

Last edited:
OP
OP
colbert

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone wanting California Host:

Kearny Mesa Ford extending X plan type pricing
Serramonte Ford extending X plan type pricing until 10/31

Ford added to their History Making Bronco footnotes by dropping X plan eligibility.
I suspect that this will further push buyers outside of their local purchasing area.

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone wanting California Host:

Kearny Mesa Ford extending X plan type pricing
Serramonte Ford extending X plan type pricing until 10/31

Ford added to their History Making Bronco footnotes by dropping X plan eligibility.
I suspect that this will further push buyers outside of their local purchasing area.
... is for me; going out of state ??.

Aussieshed

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it's 1k off in OR, it really is balancing with what I can get in WA minus the travel. As a WA resident in Seattle (approx. 10.4%), I can drive 1.5 hrs to Chehalis and purchase paying their local 8.5% tax which is approx. 1k saving. Or, I could drive 3+ hours to OR to save 1k and end up paying 10.4% tax on the purchase because in that case it's based on the county you live in. So ATM I don't see the advantage with buying in OR.
Sponsored