Sponsored

Does anybody else think people are setting themselves up to be disappointed no matter what?

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why are you comparing aftermarket fi v8 to a factory engine? That's just silly
The common defense for the 2.7 Is to go aftermarket and put a tune on it
Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The common defense for the 2.7 Is to go aftermarket and put a tune on it
It's kind of funny, as there are going to be coyote broncos (even blown one's) and Ford/Roush
would be crazy not to cash in on that.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i don't personally care about the mechanics that much, more what it looks like from the outside.
EDIT: I still care about the mechanics.

Last edited:

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree with everything you just said except the shirt part

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You wear a shirt when pooping?

Weirdo.

Sponsored

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Because it can be done (VERY easily and reliably). Not so with a 2.7 ECO ..........
And if the bronc came with a coyote, there would be a factory supported
blown coyote bronco with warantee, just like the stang and F150 have.........
It's way too early to say that. We don't know how much room would be left for a set of twins or a screw+cooling. Especially if you're swapping in a 5.0 to replace a 2.7.

Plugging into the obd2 and retuning a 2.7l is a hell of a lot easier and cheaper than swapping in an entire new engine and then figuring out how to fit forced induction on top of that.

I love 5.0s. Especially boosted. And I'm sure somebody will get it done in a Bronco in short order. But it won't be worth the money for me and how I plan to use it. The 2.7l will be just fine.

If Ford went full mad lad and offered a V8 I'd actually prefer the new 7.3l. absolutely love what they did with that.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The more negativity I read, the more curious I've gotten about what exactly Ford could release that would make these people happy. It seems like even if Ford created a solid axle, V8, high towing capacity, no technology Bronco that started at $20k people would just bitch about how it doesn't start at $18k or that it should come with one-ton axles as an option. If you look at all the things said and that Ford has released with the most absolutely cynical view, sure I can see how you might be disappointed. But if, and this is a big IF, you give Ford even just the slightest benefit of a doubt, or trust those among us who have been kind enough to allow some information to slip through, I feel like you might realize that what Ford is delivering is going to be an amazing product. We've known for a while that the Bronco will not just be a direct copy of a wrangler, so if that's what you're hoping for then sorry. But why all the negativity and complaining. Doesn't it get tiring after a while to just be cynical about everything? Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty cynical myself. But everything we've been told is that the Bronco is worth the wait and will not dissapoint.
Cynical? cynical? about what? Ford not bringing this to market? nope! they are doing exactly that. Or maybe, they ignored the lineage and heritage of a great American vehicle in the design process? Nope. Maybe they produced a truly mediocre interpretation of a venerable suv? nope. They did this project justice which anyone can plainly see. Get a grip. If anyone has the money and does not really care about the versatility of the Bronco, go buy a MB ice cream truck-you know-the same one that debuted in 1965 and subsequently crushed the Baja 1000-NOT! Or buy a LR Defender wanna be for god knows what reason! But not longevity, long term quality and off road cred. Remember Ford created the pony car and Ford eventually elevated it to the Boss 429, and yeah, Ford beat Ferrari! If any "cynics" out there want to relinquish their First Edition reservation to me, let me know. I will help you with your dilemma!
Sponsored