Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would be cool if they had some sort of racing stripe/decal situation and a spare tire cover to give my two door a super retro look.
They won't do a tire cover because I'd cover the rear backup cam

New MIC hardtop Bronco delivery starts this week.jpg
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
$600 for a tow package isn't worth it. I asked the Ford rep at Super Cel East and he confirmed it's just wires and a bracket.
Keep in mind, you're also paying for the full tow rating / warranty support. Bronco with an aftermarket hitch isn't officially rated at 3,500lb and either your insurance or Ford can throw a fit if something goes wrong.

I don't know if they gave it a rating without the tow package -- on the Flex it's 4,500lb with tow, 2,000 without. Even if you install the OEM hitch assembly, it's only rated at 2,000lb by Ford.

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want lighting too and I know aftermarket probably will be cheaper with more options, but damn I hate wiring shit...especially in new vehicles. Might have to spring for the factory option to avoid it.
Don't forget thay some of the coolest Bronco features (IMO) are the pre-wired accessory blocks outside of the cabin. Just run your wires from the accessory to the block, and done.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've looked at the Ranger B&P and if it's anything like that it will be nice. I know they most-likey will have all camping stuff, but I hope they have the dash cam accessory that the Ranger has.

I don't really want a whole lot, just a few things I've seen in the demos, and maybe some stuff they'll surprise us with.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Rock Rails (I'm getting a Big Bend), and possibly the cargo box from the overland concept if I go soft-top route. If I do get the MIC hard-top I'll probably wait for an aftermarket roof rack. I do want a more substantial steel bumper as well, will see what they offer. Would LOVE some factory tire/wheel options but it looks like Ford isn't going to offer that outside of the Sasquatch package.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Continuing to use Ranger as the example, the tow package is actually quite worth it from the factory.

Yes, it's "just" wires, but Ford put a strange canon plug on the 4/7 pin harness and you had to run it from the cabin back if DIY. It ends up being about $100 ish in parts if you wanted to make your own harness, and it's a longer span than pre-built harnesses (plus the plug difference). I also like the convenience of the 4 and 7 pin sockets they use, high quality, sturdy shield door and interfaces with their ability to disable the BLIS from the cabin when towing.

Then there is the frame-mounted hitch itself, the factory unit is very snug up to the frame and they provide a different bumper lower trim to accommodate the hitch. Universal hitches stick down an inch further (not necessarily a bad thing on Ranger with it's ungainly bed height, but you aren't buying a Bronco to ruin it's departure angles).

Also, since we want to be specific here, the Trailer Tow Package (S4) is only $495 for Ranger, i'm guestimating $450 for Bronco due to reduced parts content and easier wiring.

You aren't getting a tow package on Bronco for less than the factory is offering. If you want the capacity to tow (plus the additional bumper safety of the hitch to absorb departure hits), you'll want that town package.

Update: Here is a close-up of the Ranger tow package. Note the bumper notch to fit, and 4/7 pin plugs. You also get the 12v plug on the right with tow package which is an extra bonus and not mentioned in their literature. It was a "nugget" when Rangers stared being delivered and nobody could figure out why some had the 12v and some didn't. Not sure if Bronco will get that, but assuming so since it's the same harness that incorporates both.

1603241330358.png

Second edit: Looks like Bronco is a Class II hitch and Ranger is a Class III hitch, I would expect the price to be dropped due to that, and also the receiver will be smaller and less obtrusive.
Does the vehicle come with a tow hitch standard? Is the tow package something above and beyond that?
It’s not standard and runs $600 dollars I believe. Typical plug and play setup though
Can that be done cheaper after-market?
Keep in mind, you're also paying for the full tow rating / warranty support. Bronco with an aftermarket hitch isn't officially rated at 3,500lb and either your insurance or Ford can throw a fit if something goes wrong.

I don't know if they gave it a rating without the tow package -- on the Flex it's 4,500lb with tow, 2,000 without. Even if you install the OEM hitch assembly, it's only rated at 2,000lb by Ford.

For all the people with tow package questions, I already answered them on page 7 (post 105) of this thread with detailed info from Ranger, what's included and pricing. It's quoted in this post as well (see the first quote, expand it down if you don't want to go to page 7), I suggest you read it as it's more detailed than the conjecture bouncing back and forth.

Deleted member 14617

I want

* sasquatch, 2" lift, 37" tires (yes, I want a brodozer)

* all of the don't-run-into-things features. Of course I am the world's most talented driver*, but I will still have this when I am a totally scary little-old-lady-driver, and I'd prefer not to kill anyone or cause property damage.

* auto - see above. I've driven standard for 38 years and like it better, but still want to be able to drive when my knees hurt, my shoulder hurts, etc.

* the washout interior - it's a dream of mine to be able to get dog fur out of the vehicle.

The obvious answer is the BL with at least the high package. I need to start a gofundme.

* OK maybe not,. I have been teaching my son to drive, in the spirit of click and clack, by telling him "Don't drive like your mother". On the plus side, I'm usually just a little bit bad and don't run into things very often at all, and never at speed.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Since Ford makes very few if any of the accessories it will likely be cheaper to buy the same product (minus the Ford logo) in the aftermarket. The Rigid brand lights for example. From the Ford dealer you can bet that they will be much more expensive than going to a Rigid dealer. The Warn winch on the Super-Duty Tremor through Ford is nearly double what it can be bought for from a Warn dealer. Some accessories will likely be sold exclusively through Ford so you are handcuffed on those. Do your homework and you will save some $$.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just looked at the price of Ford's "Off-Road Recovery Kit" by Warn and it's a $330 option on the Ranger. I did a quick google search and you can find this exact same kit at CJ Pony Parts for $275. I think both are still a bit up there in price, but for some of you that really want the Ford branded gear, make sure you look elsewhere first.

If you don't know what to get, I would watch some youtube videos where people drive in your typical terrain. A lot of off-roaders post what they would recommend having in a bare-bones recovery kit and you can then expand from there.

Papa Bear

Badlands
First Name
KG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250 Lariat 4x4 Diesel, 1966 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good Afternoon. Lots of heavy stuff on the forum lately. Thought it might be fun to think about the "200 Factory-Backed Accessories" in anticipation of the B&P launch on Friday. ?

How many of the 200 can we name? Which is going to be the most expensive? Least expensive? Which is a "must have" for your build?

I'll start. I am really excited about the roof rack options and winch as I hope to do some overlanding.
Must haves: Winch, lights, solid rear side panels for top, roof rack, slide out table, fold down table on gate... and we'll see what else makes the list!

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rifle Rack and Bow Holder