First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not common at all. You’re paying more interest. I’ve never heard of anyone doing 84 month term
Well, I'm on track to pay off my 30 year mortgage in 11 years. Maybe I want my car's financing terms to match. :geek:

(Seriously, will keep my car loan at 48 months or less, especially assuming some 0.9% or 1.9% financing)

Chris
Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s not common at all. You’re paying more interest. I’ve never heard of anyone doing 84 month term
guessing you don't work in the financial industry, then. as car/truck/SUV prices have increased over the years, 84 and 96 month loans are more and more popular and common.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I'm on track to pay off my 30 year mortgage in 11 years. Maybe I want my car's financing terms to match. :geek:

(Seriously, will keep my car loan at 48 months or less, especially assuming some 0.9% or 1.9% financing)

Chris
nice - we just did a refi on our home a few months ago - 2.625% fixed on a 15 year.. my goal is to have it done in 12-13

Andy6GRealG

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dealers are offering 0% apr for 72 and 84 months now. The economy will dictate what they will do to drum up business. 72 mo is becoming the norm due to the pricing of a lot
Of vehicles . I typically do 60 but if 72 makes more sense and the rate is super low to non existent why not let them carry the note for that length of time. You can take the money you would have spent on interest and roll it j to a Roth IRA for a few years than pull the principle. Easy money that you had work for you.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Car salesman love when you tell them exactly how much you want to pay monthly...
Yeah, but it can also be a lot of fun for *you*, if you enjoy that sort of thing! I had a salesman go around and around with me, years ago when I made that mistake (I did my calculations beforehand). He tried to jerk me around, basically trying to trick me with a longer loan, very dishonest. He finally asked me, "What more do you need to know?!?!." I looked at him and simply said: "I'm going to need to know the price of the car."

Incidentally, that was in Libertyville, IL (north of Chicago), so it was fun to hear, in this thread, about how bad the dealers are there. Some things never change.

I help my friends buy cars all the time because they hate having to deal with dealers and I don’t really have a problem with it. I let my friends know up front they are probably not getting the car today and will walk away from quite a few dealers but expect some calls coming their way the next day of salesmen that want to deal because they have quotas and want to hit them so you just have to look at the long game.
100.0% agree. I'm happy to help friends, I seem to enjoy this a lot more than they do. Same experience, you have to be willing to walk.

Sponsored

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have an idea, before you cancel your Res, move your Res to the Ford dealer in Alaska, then cancel it so the dealer who is not dealing will not have your allocation. Imagine Ford shipping allocating 1000's convertibles to Alaska?

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealers are offering 0% apr for 72 and 84 months now. The economy will dictate what they will do to drum up business. 72 mo is becoming the norm due to the pricing of a lot
Of vehicles . I typically do 60 but if 72 makes more sense and the rate is super low to non existent why not let them carry the note for that length of time. You can take the money you would have spent on interest and roll it j to a Roth IRA for a few years than pull the principle. Easy money that you had work for you.
this is a valid scenario. My comment on no one doing long term with 3% interest was on how much extra you're paying over time. If dealers are offering 0% interest, then I agree.

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have an idea, before you cancel your Res, move your Res to the Ford dealer in Alaska, then cancel it so the dealer who is not dealing will not have your allocation. Imagine Ford shipping allocating 1000's convertibles to Alaska?
I would love to do this, and just drive the thing back to TN. Probably get a good deal, and the adventure of a lifetime!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are the odds of Ford trolling us this hard? ??? Everything but X.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco NOT Eligible For X-Plan (Official Document Confirmation) [Update: Confirmed by Ford] C9B5C441-6A0C-4F10-B162-131DA405D643

Beebe Senior

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco NOT Eligible For X-Plan (Official Document Confirmation) [Update: Confirmed by Ford] 1603312839642

I am working on a dealer in Albama. They said they will honor x plan pricing for anyone who can generate an x plan pin on any vehicle. They said they will be emailing me the details of the deal on dealership letterhead so I can share it with the forum. They said they will take anyone wanting to switch dealers who has a reservation. I will update as soon as I get the paperwork. Might be tomorrow as whatever he types up he has to get signed by his GM.

Last edited:

Sponsored

tapac333

Black Diamond
First Name
Taras
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tarasbohonok.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

(n)Well throw those 100 stocks I just bought into the dumpster and burn it.
I was holding out for the hybrid anyways so hopefully by the time that comes out, everyone who wanted a Bronco will probably have one by then. Hopefully the hybrid won't be on that list.
Feeling ?E

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m glad this leaked early. I’ve since made a Granger reservation and come to grips with the fact that my purchase will now be a pain in the a$$. I’m actually excited about telling my local (big) dealer to eat sh1t. And thus, can enjoy geeking out on the B&P tool. By tomorrow I might even be excited again.

Brewdaddy

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler (Now sold - thanks Carvana)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don’t let them pull the box method on you either. Another way to make you think your getting a deal but it’s all about math confusion. Simply ask for the out the door price, that’s all you want with invoice sticker to view. If they start giving you a song and dance walk out immediately and I guarantee the manager will be out to you quicker than shit on pigs. I help my friends buy cars all the time because they hate having to deal with dealers and I don’t really have a problem with it. I let my friends know up front they are probably not getting the car today and will walk away from quite a few dealers but expect some calls coming their way the next day of salesmen that want to deal because they have quotas and want to hit them so you just have to look at the long game.
The idea is to get you to negotiate the one area that means something to you and there are only monthly payment, vehicle price and Trade-in if applicable. If you want to pay $200 a month down payment goes up, you want the vehicle price at $40k your trade-in gets devalued you have to have a plan in mind for all valuations....and then reality if your premise is not realistic. You have the power if you wield it.....issue is your desire exceeding or circumventing your plan. If you have a credit union at 2.5% and $5k down then it becomes vehicle price and/or trade-in value. Have a plan for each.

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It makes me really feel for anyone that would buy a car on a 84 month loan and what is worse is the cars of today are priced so high that there are people that would do that. When I got home from the service my first new car was $83.00 a month for 36 months. 1970 challenger R/T . Glad I'm old!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco NOT Eligible For X-Plan (Official Document Confirmation) [Update: Confirmed by Ford] 1603312839642

I am working on a dealer in Albama. They said they will honor x plan pricing for anyone who can generate an x plan pin on any vehicle. They said they will be emailing me the details of the deal on dealership letterhead so I can share it with the forum. They said they will take anyone wanting to switch dealers who has a reservation. I will update as soon as I get the paperwork. Might be tomorrow as whatever he types up he has to get signed by his GM.
What dealer? Alabama?
Sponsored