Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, honestly for just driving around town or on the highways I would probably never bother, something like a BFG KO2 has decent grip. But for driving quick on snowy/icy forest roads, or for something like the Alcan rally that goes up to Alaska, gotta have those studded Hakkas. To say nothing of ice racing.
Here , outside of Chicago, I'm having a tough time justifying the winter set ups , due to the weather becoming increasingly warmer. Especially considering both cars are AWD Subarus.

I'd be really hard pressed to swap out AT's or MT's on a truck.

The upside is, having winter set ups gives me a reason for better looking aftermarket wheels!!! LOL!!

I use the OEM wheels for winter and buy cooler looking rims for the Summer set up.
Sponsored

Roughrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, 2018 Goldwing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As long as it doesn’t have any stupid air adjustable suspension like Dodge. Totally useless in Canada. I have a couple buddies that bought them and they were in the shop more than not due to the condensation/freezing in the compressor and lines. Finally the dealer told them the only fix was to put the base/stock suspension on...oh and pay for it.

NY Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco II, 2008 Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heated side mirrors, heated seat and steering wheel. Our Mack and Internationals trucks LED plow lights are heated as well as heated windshields and work well

Jeka

First Name
Jeka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If it doesn't have heated massaging seats and heated plow lights, I am not buying it!

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You know, when I Walked out this morning to an extremely chilly 45°F, I really wished that I had remote started and a butt warmer. And without a block heater it took 7 minutes for that big diesel to heat up enough for the heater to really kick in!
In what world are you living in that 45 is cold, yesterday I got off my shift and it's was 0°F and even that didn't seem that cold

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In what world are you living in that 45 is cold, yesterday I got off my shift and it's was 0°F and even that didn't seem that cold
South Louisiana. It is actually in the low/mid 30s today. Good thing the 250 I swapped out to yesterday has remote start and heated steering wheel and butt warmers. Would've been nice if it had the cab warmer though! Man it was still uncomfortably cold for the first 10 minutes of my drive.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah but it's a dry cold

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
South Louisiana. It is actually in the low/mid 30s today. Good thing the 250 I swapped out to yesterday has remote start and heated steering wheel and butt warmers. Would've been nice if it had the cab warmer though! Man it was still uncomfortably cold for the first 10 minutes of my drive.
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not....I'd genuinely like to introduce you to below zero temps, before wind-chill, to see your reaction. I suppose I can't blame ya. How often does it get below freezing in Louisiana?

Reactions: BE_

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not....I'd genuinely like to introduce you to below zero temps, before wind-chill, to see your reaction. I suppose I can't blame ya. How often does it get below freezing in Louisiana?
I've actually lived further north. But, we were never below freezing for longer than 12 hours this year. The longest I've ever seen it below freezing was for 72 hours, that was 2 years ago. Coldest I've seen it was about 12 degrees, but normally only for half a day or so.

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mild winters must be nice! We're gonna be back in single digits and teens this weekend, but Monday it hit 45 which is unheard of for February. Everybody was driving around with their windows down. I even saw a couple motorcycles out.

Sponsored

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It was 30 degrees when I left for work this AM (pretty cold for my area and cold for me lol). But the sun was shining and I saw a JK at a stoplight with the doors off, couldn't believe it lol.

Back on topic, I expect cold weather package to include the block heater and I will be checking the box on that one.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was 30 degrees when I left for work this AM (pretty cold for my area and cold for me lol). But the sun was shining and I saw a JK at a stoplight with the doors off, couldn't believe it lol.

Back on topic, I expect cold weather package to include the block heater and I will be checking the box on that one.
I’ll be getting that option as well. Never know where I’ll end uo

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve lived in the desert my whole life, my blood is so thin my dick would snap off taking a piss in 0 degrees.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah but it's a dry cold
I’ve lived in the desert my whole life, my blood is so thin my dick would snap off taking a piss in 0 degrees.
Haha, yeah I also live in a desert just a high desert, cold ass Winters and and very hot summers, especially this year the weather here has been very erratic going from below freezing to 40-50s the next day. Utah BTW

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mild winters must be nice! We're gonna be back in single digits and teens this weekend, but Monday it hit 45 which is unheard of for February. Everybody was driving around with their windows down. I even saw a couple motorcycles out.
It's 63 and sunny here! :p
Sponsored