First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
as someone that has used photoshop for 25 years. I’ve spotted a few very amateur mistakes on here. I.e. no shadow under the middle cover area despite bright overhead light. Also, makes no sense to have anyone trailer a vehicle to a show then leave it in a trailer at a show with the door open then drive it across country to unveil it. Whoever said that is insulting people’s intelligence. But nice try trying to drum up an insta following, maybe work on your photoshop skills or not use a vehicle that was revealed the day before.
Can you comment on the validity of these photos? Cant tell if photoshopped.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While the accessories were designed for the specific concept in mind, the exo-cage cargo rack seems to have missed the point. Let me be clear, that it works for the specific concept. But the whole idea of an exo-cage is that it is "outside" of the body. The specific concept has no rear roof so it works to mount to the body at the back of the roll bar. But that mounting point is "inside" a would be roof. The front mount points are on the interior of the mirror cowls which allows for lights mounted on the cage to utilize interior wiring to mate with the wiring harness at the cowl.

Overall, I like the front mounting point and integrated wiring. The top rack isn't a huge basket, yet capable to hold a ton of crap. It would be nice to see a clamshell roof top tent that alleviate concerns of weight limitations on the Jenga roof carrier. Added bonus if it doesn't look like an oversized pizza delivery bag. The rear mount would have to be redesigned to allow for a roof.
What if I told you it wasn't an exo cage and that It was just roof rack with the roof off

FTFRS

From the official video, it says "pre-production vehicle with available accessories shown" in the fine print. Hoping that isn't referring to only the winch/light bar/limb risers that we've seen already, and that there are actually some additional things available from this.

Not sure that I see much else new that they would offer as accessories other than the rack, lights on the rack, safari top, and divider, but it would be cool if they offer those. Slightly disappointed with the rear mount point of the exo rack like others, but it's a good start if you can get the top and divider with it.

As for options, which they don't say anything about in the fine print, the green color and the Filson seats would be cool but I'm not too hopeful. The green color is really sharp to me and I hope they offer it, but knowing what forest service green looks like without white accents, I think some sort of white vinyl decal is gonna be necessary to break it up and not make it an overbearing over time; definitely would get this color regardless if they offer it. As for the Filson interior, it looks good but isn't a must-have if they do end up offering it, as I would have liked to see lighter colors, but that's better for my wallet if that's the case.

Sponsored

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty cool! There’s a whole lotta “not for sale“ on that rig.

Very efficient use of 50 gallons of water.??

Maybe better for watering the newly planted trees.
Hate to be "that guy" but while this truck looks really impressive, the interior will get destroyed quite quickly in actual fire duty and really has limited fire suppression functionality. The pump for the water tank--which is an internal combustion engine on a brushtruck like this--is essentially in the interior of the vehicle...the back seat area!! No bueno!! That means pump engine exhaust is being released in the cabin area or close to the occupants. And then there's all the grease and water spray from pumps and chainsaws that will undoubtedly get all over. Wildland firefighting is dirty, messy business and best suited for a pickup-type vehicle. The pump, tank and dirty gear are in the bed and externally separated from the cab to protect the occupants.

This vehicle as a 50 gallon tank which is about 2-3 minutes of continuous water at effective pressure. That's not going to do much. There is room for only 2 occupants, not a crew of 4-5 firefighters. So the best use for a truck like this is a quick attack/scout/recon role and not a frontline fire suppression piece.

But I am completely aware this is a concept vehicle with the main purpose of awareness and fundraising. Still has quite a cool factor nonetheless.

Last edited:

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I need that green color on the bronco I got a co worker that has an old ford pick up that color anyone know the name of the color

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Where is this? How do I get it? Will there be a more rigid option? And is there one to fit behind the back seats?!?!

Ford Bronco FILSON Bronco Wildland Fire Rig Concept Revealed! FCCF563D-D773-4A68-897E-C32BDCD6509F