Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are correct, most of the B&P code should be running on your computer in your browser. The back end servers could get overloaded if 200K users are hitting refresh over and over again and that will should only happen if everyone hits it at exactly 12:01 and they can't keep up all the initial GET requests.

I'm also sure you are correct in that they will have a load balancer directing traffic between different regions and can probably failover to east region for some traffic because at 12am it will probably get less load than the west at 9pm.

However, even with a cloud based deployment they'd need to have architected the system well so that it can scale out seamlessly and that's a big if.

I do think this will go much smoother than the reservation system because the code will mostly be running on the host and there shouldn't be any back end database bottle necks that you get trying to enter reservations sequentially.
Ford Bronco Official: Bronco Build & Price Goes Live Tonight @ 12:01AM EST giphy (3)
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You are correct, most of the B&P code should be running on your computer in your browser. The back end servers could get overloaded if 200K users are hitting refresh over and over again and that will should only happen if everyone hits it at exactly 12:01 and they can't keep up all the initial GET requests.

I'm also sure you are correct in that they will have a load balancer directing traffic between different regions and can probably failover to east region for some traffic because at 12am it will probably get less load than the west at 9pm.

However, even with a cloud based deployment they'd need to have architected the system well so that it can scale out seamlessly and that's a big if.

I do think this will go much smoother than the reservation system because the code will mostly be running on the host and there shouldn't be any back end database bottle necks that you get trying to enter reservations sequentially.
The request traffic wont be soo much an issue as what and how much is downstream from that. I am hoping they used a dynamic UI model and not drive it off a single point data configured resource/resources because that is where the bottlenecks usually occur and you start getting 500 errors. We will see.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to spend the next 12 hours mentally and emotionally preparing myself to mourn the unavailability of the Filson mint green exterior, stitched leather interior, and white top.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Word is this is a completely new type of B&P that Ford has built.

It has something to do with the 200+ accessories shown on your build as you add them (or something like that).
Well thats GREAT news if true. I was already dreading the crappy Bronco Sport build and price I played with and the "colorizer" which gave a really bad representation of, you know, "color".

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have to admit that I am finally getting a little bit excited. Finally time to get a real dollar amount for the setup and decide if it is worth it or not. I already sold a motorcycle for 11 grand and will trade in a car for approx 20 grand so my actual cost for the Bronco would be total price minus approx 31 grand.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Build and Price goes live tonight at 12:01AM Eastern Standard Time (11:01 PM Central / 9:01 PM Pacific).

From the FordBronco Instagram

IMG_0092.jpeg

IMG_0093.jpeg

IMG_0094.jpeg

IMG_0096.jpeg
Kind of risky to launch at midnight. Sometimes this happens with websites because it is a low traffic time (not in this case)... but I would have expected more like 3am in sure the load was low until the morning.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Flat out silly that they’re marketing a bnp tool like it’s a major launch ?
Well, it kinda is considering the wait....great way to build drama! Can hardly wait for next week with the "When can I place my order??" comments and complaints.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If we change our phone times to England time, will we get access 9 hours earlier?
Technically 5 hours east coast. But lets give it a try!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.