Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe they just did this locally to make securing the vehicle easier than dealing with the keys?
Sponsored

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love the race red, might just go for it.
Better looking with an hard top though and no steps for the WT.

Wish i was getting a 4dr WT, but over here (,QC) , it will be around 70k. Too expansive for me.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't lie, first thing I thought of when I saw the top down picture.....

Ford Bronco Wildtrak Race Red 4 Door Bronco w/ Soft Top Down & Keyless Entry Keypad 1603384317071

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I only went by the fact that they have recalled the prior part DURING production of the 2019 Ranger, and have now issued a TSB on the "new and improved" part.

So no, I do not believe my opinion to be anecdotal. Unless you feel Ford's recall and TSB process to be flippant and based on single sample sizes?

Getting the feeling that your response might have been off the cuff and not researched (at all), so here is the TSB you should have looked up before responding with your anecdotal evidence. After you research the TSB you can call your friendly dealership where they will tell you that due to the TSB the supplier is making a new part so you will be issued the old keypad part and have to replace it once the new part is in.*

TSB: SSM 48026

* this information is valid up to yesterday (10/21/2020) when talking to the dealership about our now 3rd failed keypad as the battery died last weekend (since the post I quoted earlier) and is not responding to a new battery.

I do VERY MUCH appreciate your attempt to refute "anecdotal evidence" with anecdotal evidence. Solid move, player!
I'm sorry, my opinion was anecdotal. I didn't make that clear, apologies.
I was just making light of a crappy, ugly keypad

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That keypad looks like something you would get off eBay from China to do it yourself.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm sorry, my opinion was anecdotal. I didn't make that clear, apologies
No worries, my response was overly harsh.

You probably also had different keypads than they put on Ranger and newer vehicles (it was a new part # for Ranger and i'm assuming you didn't buy 3 new Fords since 2019, they aren't trading cards!). The older keypads, especially the hard-wired units, seem to all work great. This new wireless part has had teething issues. No worries, the 3rd generation always fixes the problem!

Who's up for buying a 1st generation Bronco and assuming perfection? I know I am!

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd always wondered why professional photography was so expensive (aside from equipment costs). The leaked photos during this launch have seriously adjusted my perspective.
as a professional automotive photographer - thank you. It's amazing how many people don't understand what goes into it (cost of gear, time spent learning, practicing, refining, editing, computer equipment required to work on the files, etc)..

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Running board too. Let's see if it's available when B&P goes live.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i think they look better on this squatched bronco than the outer banks ones we’ve seen. Plus it keeps idiots from opening their doors into your car :)
That's why I want tube steps on my 2Dr. It will be nice to step on while washing and provides protection against people opening their doors too much in tight parking spaces.

I really like the look of this Bronco. The nice thing about soft tops is they can be pulled back for a total open-air experience vs. having to remove the hardtop.

Sponsored

FTFRS

I hope that at some point we see video of them taking the top down.
You know someone there was taking a video. At least one would hope.
This is why Ford showing off all of these concepts that have options we can't buy grinds my gears so much. We've seen a lot so far, but there are still a ton of options or features or accessories that we will be able to buy that they haven't shown off properly yet. They have so much that they could provide more detail on right now to build hype, instead of showing off vaporware or stuff we'll have to do aftermarket.

Edit: I still think the concepts are cool, it's just not quite the right timing right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RLW

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like the WildTrak interior color accents will be blue as we have thought would be the case. See the blue line on the grab handle.

Ford Bronco Wildtrak Race Red 4 Door Bronco w/ Soft Top Down & Keyless Entry Keypad 7ED076B8-CAF9-4B4B-8C9D-8CFAD548A062

Last edited:

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Tacoma and my wife's Prius have the perfect keyless entry. With fob in pocket you reach through door handle and it will automatically unlock. When you want to lock the vehicle you pinch the front of the handle. Also, it won't allow you to lock the vehicle with the fob inside the vehicle. Also, the Toyota fobs appear to be about 2/3rd the size of the Bronco fob and thinner. That stick on pad looks really cheap...

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's why I want tube steps on my 2Dr. It will be nice to step on while washing and provides protection against people opening their doors too much in tight parking spaces.

I really like the look of this Bronco. The nice thing about soft tops is they can be pulled back for a total open-air experience vs. having to remove the hardtop.
good point on washing. It’s also a good step to use for accessing roof rack.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model