Sponsored

where do you expect the new bronco to rank in the popular offroad vehicle heigharchy?

Broncosaur

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can option it to be one of the following
a stripped down utility vehicle plow capable
a combo commuter and weekend fishing, hunting etc offroader
a serious offroad / crawler

Then it will be a hit.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. Rental car
2. Crown victoria
3. Jeep Wrangler Sahara on 24’s, grumper grill, light bars
3.Abrams tank
4. Sherp
5. Model T Ford
6. Fiat 500
7. Bronco

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1. Rental car
2. Crown victoria
3. Jeep Wrangler Sahara on 24’s, grumper grill, light bars
3.Abrams tank
4. Sherp
5. Model T Ford
6. Fiat 500
7. Bronco
#1 is also the fastest car in the world

ccsami4x4

Black Diamond
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470, Evoque
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I want one, and intend to buy one, but come on...you've got to be kidding me if you suggest the new Bronco will be the most reliable off-road vehicle. I've had several Broncos over the years and love them...but they don't even come close to the reliability of a Land Cruiser (or Lexus GX or LX). Will it be as reliable as a Jeep (Wrangler or Gladiator)? Probably, but that's not a very high bar to reach. I'm just hoping it's as off-road worthy as Ford keeps telling us it will be...which will make the lesser reliability something I am willing to deal with as a trade-off.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BE_

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want one, and intend to buy one, but come on...you've got to be kidding me if you suggest the new Bronco will be the most reliable off-road vehicle. I've had several Broncos over the years and love them...but they don't even come close to the reliability of a Land Cruiser (or Lexus GX or LX). Will it be as reliable as a Jeep (Wrangler or Gladiator)? Probably, but that's not a very high bar to reach. I'm just hoping it's as off-road worthy as Ford keeps telling us it will be...which will make the lesser reliability something I am willing to deal with as a trade-off.
you've got to be kidding me if you suggest the new Bronco won't be the third most reliable off-road vehicle (after jeep XJ and honda civic (stock)).

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you've got to be kidding me if you suggest the new Bronco won't be the third most reliable off-road vehicle (after jeep XJ and honda civic (stock)).
Reliability =\= capability.

the Jeep is the most capable, but not the most reliable. He expects the bronco to be about the same, maybe a bit more reliable, but less capable

OP
OP
BE_

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Reliability =\= capability.

the Jeep is the most capable, but not the most reliable. He expects the bronco to be about the same, maybe a bit more reliable, but less capable
and i expect the bronco to be more reliable than a 4runner

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and i expect the bronco to be more reliable than a 4runner
That I’m not sure of. I feel the 4Runner is pretty dang reliable. At least I’ve had zero issues with mine.

OP
OP
BE_

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That I’m not sure of. I feel the 4Runner is pretty dang reliable. At least I’ve had zero issues with mine.
how long have you had yours? they are only supposed to run for 4 years (it says so right in its name)

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
how long have you had yours? they are only supposed to run for 4 years (it says so right in its name)
I’ve had it a bit over 3, bought used 1 year old. Granted she’s only a grocery getter. In the same time frame my da’s 250 has been to the dealer 4 times for ‘must fix’. And my (older) 250 has been down longer than up and cost twice as much in repairs as my purchase price of a low mileage bulletproofed 6.0

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davenport-insurance.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I honestly think it will rank first. The Jeep XJ might have it beat in rock crawling and general off-road capabilities but even with IFS (or maybe because of it) the Bronco with a removable roof, comfort and more power will definitely take the throne for most popular off-road vehicle. I think it will be more reliable too
Then why call it a "Jeep competitor"? Why not "real cool truck-like think that has removable tops"? I have been waiting so long for this Bronco. I have the money to buy it. I am Ford's customer for this vehicle, but I will be looking elsewhere. IFS is a deal breaker for me!

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Then why call it a "Jeep competitor"? Why not "real cool truck-like think that has removable tops"? I have been waiting so long for this Bronco. I have the money to buy it. I am Ford's customer for this vehicle, but I will be looking elsewhere. IFS is a deal breaker for me!
Because

Ford Bronco where do you expect the new bronco to rank in the popular offroad vehicle heigharchy? 2A6C52FE-99BF-4483-BBD0-E12123D196AF
Sponsored