First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved a bronco today, so glad that I waited. I really feel for the MY21 guys. I hope that Ford gets on the ball and makes things right for them. You committed to Ford early they should respect that.
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have some good news fellas... I'll have a 2021 Bronco to sell next year when the 22's come out!! White top :love::love::love:

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

September 18th and later reservations are 2022 models. We all order at the same time. Not sure MY22 stuff will be known for a while. Well, besides all the MY21 stuff they couldn’t deliver on. ?
What makes any of us think that what they are saying/promising in MY22 is actually going to be available in MY22? I never could have guessed that Ford could not deliver a simple painted hard top in the year that this vehicle launches, after years of planning it.

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think a lot of people are forgetting the biggest piece of all of this.... aftermarket.

Make the Bronco into whatever you want.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think a lot of people are forgetting the biggest piece of all of this.... aftermarket.

Make the Bronco into whatever you want.
I don't disagree with you for the most part as I'm looking forward to doing just that. However, if I'm ordering a vehicle, irregardless of price (which is a lot for this vehicle mind you) I want it to be what I want it to be. And I want a gloss black hard top with matching grill and mirrors, as advertised on the Ford website, when driving off the lot and not having to move to the back (or middle of the pack) of reservation holders to get it.

Sponsored

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't disagree with you for the most part. However, if I'm ordering a vehicle, irregardless of price (which is a lot for this vehicle mind you) I want it to be what I want it to be. And I want a gloss black hard top with matching grill and mirrors, as advertised on the Ford website, when driving off the lot and not having to move to the back (or middle of the pack) of reservation holders.
I agree hold heartedly. I'm going to have skin in the game so I definitely want to get what I want.

Rufus

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What makes any of us think that what they are saying/promising in MY22 is actually going to be available in MY22? I never could have guessed that Ford could not deliver a simple painted hard top in the year that this vehicle launches, after years of planning it.
So Ford clustered on the new Explorer launch last year -- lot of internal issues on that one -- now we have new CEO with mantra of "customer first". Hoping that he's getting the message from the vocal minority of B6G (who I believe are a good proxy for the Bronco world) and that they take all the issues and fix them in due time. I am sure the response has been overwhelming and some of the reactions maybe is surprising to them based on whatever they used as market research to come up with the trims/options/colors/materials. If you do the math on 190k reservations and assume 70% keep them -- you're at 133k --- and then 40% drop out cause they want the GREAT WHITE ROOF -- you're at 80k reservations for 21my --- with production capacity of 175k (guess) -- you get 95k leftover for dealer allocations (or ONLY about 25-30 units per dealer to sell off the lot). Assuming approx. 3500 dealers. So it's going to take patience for Ford to plan and react to what customers really want. Feeling like should put in a reservation to get in the supposed 22MY line. Can't hurt!

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So Ford clustered on the new Explorer launch last year -- lot of internal issues on that one -- now we have new CEO with mantra of "customer first". Hoping that he's getting the message from the vocal minority of B6G (who I believe are a good proxy for the Bronco world) and that they take all the issues and fix them in due time. I am sure the response has been overwhelming and some of the reactions maybe is surprising to them based on whatever they used as market research to come up with the trims/options/colors/materials. If you do the math on 190k reservations and assume 70% keep them -- you're at 133k --- and then 40% drop out cause they want the GREAT WHITE ROOF -- you're at 80k reservations for 21my --- with production capacity of 175k (guess) -- you get 95k leftover for dealer allocations (or ONLY about 25-30 units per dealer to sell off the lot). Assuming approx. 3500 dealers. So it's going to take patience for Ford to plan and react to what customers really want. Feeling like should put in a reservation to get in the supposed 22MY line. Can't hurt!
I've heard from people who supposedly work or used to work at GM or Ford that for a first model year they should only be able to build a maximum of 80k more likely 50-60k units for the MY21. I think I also heard that we have 235k reservation and they expect a 40-50% dropout for various reasons. I assume this is why they now say any reservations placed after Sept 18 are expected to get a MY22...

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Did Ford actually ever say Bronco would be x-plan? I believe, they said it was not a special model and we just assumed that meant x-plan.
Yes - Levine said X-Plan for all but FE on twitter and even volunteered to help some guy get eligible for x-plan.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So here is an interesting conundrum, I think I prefer to wait for a white top in 2022. (And hopefully a 2.7 manual or other more flexibility on options too.)

My reservation is day 2, is there a way for me to sit on my reservation until it is in the 2022 model year and order those options?

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am thinking of doing the same thing in light of the black top push back.
I'm a second day reservation holder, but I think I am going to wait for 2022 model and go Granger and save a few bucks.
I can’t wait to drive the 395 in my Bronco ;)

do I want it in June or December is the question. Getting everything I can afford in MY21. So all the 2022 stuff would be nice but I can add later as budget allows.
That’s my thought so far ! Could change ;)

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I can’t wait to drive the 395 in my Bronco ;)

do I want it in June or December is the question. Getting everything I can afford in MY21. So all the 2022 stuff would be nice but I can add later as budget allows.
That’s my thought so far ! Could change ;)
Good catch! :) The real magic starts when you exit off the 395 to all the off roading gems and remote lake camping areas.

Paint work I want done from the factory. That's the main reason I'm pushing it out.
Bolt on stuff I'll do myself.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good catch! :) The real magic starts when you exit off the 395 to all the off roading gems and remote lake camping areas.

Paint work I want done from the factory. That's the main reason I'm pushing it out.
Bolt on stuff I'll do myself.
That is exactly why I’m getting a bronco!

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

......I think its going to be better to put in a new reservation now and wait till MY 2022.

Like so many of you I have waited so long to get a Bronco. But it is obvious that Ford is just wanting to crank out as many streamlined optioned Broncs as possible to fulfill reservations and hit quotas. When going through build and price you can see that they are limiting packages and options that make no sense to make it easier on them and less customized for us. We are spending $50k+/- and I want what I want on my Bronco and I really don't want to settle just to be first. I just turned in my lease early to get the Bronco and now I am stuck and don't know what to do.

Whatever top you wanted your screwed. White top isn't till next year, black mods are not going to be ready, and the MIC are grey. Nuff said. We are seriously talking about getting soft tops.

You manual people are just taking it over a barrel no matter which way you go.

Interiors are just.....::sigh:: and no light colored ones or saddle are available. No power seats except on leather? Jeez. I get that on the washout but c'mon.

As of now no graphics or stripe kits.

A lot of the basic wheel choices suck. NEVER seen a outdoors, 4 wheelin, rock crawlin rig get one set of basic rims and tires. Sas is great but jeez, something in the middle would be great. (BD did get two sets so that's good)

Packages and options that can't be mixed and match with manual trans or SAS package is nuts.

Anyways, I know not everyone is in this situation but a lot of us are. Some of this could change in the next weeks leading up to December ordering time. BUT I think it might be wise for myself to put in a second reservation and have an option if I need to bail out on this first round.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I keep wishing I were in a financial position to take early delivery. I have a July 21 reservation, but can't take delivery until 2022 when my mortgage is paid off. I haven't canceled it in case I can figure out how to pull it off. But I made a second res for Grangetober that is more likely the only one I can do.

But for the rest if you, just get thing now and make every jealous for a tear (or two or three) and do a second res with Granger and trade or sell the first Bronco when you get delivery on the second.
Sponsored