First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After waiting months for B&P and finally get to see what everything costs, and the only option I wanted is not available with manual trans. I bumped up from base to big bend just so I could get mid option package, but manual is not allowed. So I am out. F*!@ ford give me my deposit back.
I was more than disappointed with FORD.....shame on you. I'll keep my JEEP! It's not perfect but I felt like the Price and Build on FORD's site was more like you only have the option to get packages with an inflated price for stuff that you might of only wanted one thing?
Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Try de-selecting the remote start and add manual. Someone said earlier that's how they got it to work.

cactus_jack

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The issue with manual transmission and the Mid package is the remote start. I remain convinced that come time to place an order you and I will be able to get the Mid minus the remote start.
False. It's available on higher trims.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"It's almost like they're trying to discourage people from buying the vehicle. Which is exactly what I think is going on."
Thanks, but we're not hysterical. We're letting ford know that they seriously crapped the bed on this thing all along the way. They need to hear it. "they're listening."
What are you smoking? Of course they want to sell the vehicle. It wouldn't exist if they didn't want to sell it. Most ridiculous thing I've heard of this forum ever.
There is a difference between constructive feedback and entitled emotional whining. Imagine if everytime you drop the ball at work, your coworkers whine and claim you are sabotaging the company. Do you see my point?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, after realizing this MT issue with Mid, I went back to my original plan when this vehicle launched and the excitement was driving my brain/decisions. I priced out the 2dr Badlands compared to the 2dr Black Diamond build. Kept everything the same except, I get the 2.3L MT and I splurged for the High Package and screen since I don't have to pay for the 2.7L upgrade, like I did in the BD.

BL is the vehicle I initially was excited about. I'm more onboard with Badlands now, simply because I get to check all the boxes.
Badlands: MT, 2.3L, High Package, tow, roof rack, rock rails. $48,430 without the Granger October pricing. So... if I have the down payment I'm thinking, plus Granger $2k off invoice, I'm thinking this will be around the top end of my monthly payment budget. I'm not excited to spend that, but it's doable and something I'll consider, if changes aren't made to the Black Diamond setup.

I'd prefer the Black Diamond, due to how I'll use the vehicle and what my family needs are, but the Badlands is what I was initially excited about too.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Try de-selecting the remote start and add manual. Someone said earlier that's how they got it to work.
I'll give this a try. Thanks

edit: Doesn't seem to be working for me. I tried deselecting remote start after adding mid and it wouldn't let me. Oh well.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m seriously wondering why the eff ford even bothered developing a new manual transmission if they just keep undercutting it at every corner.
This right here... Its like they dont want to sell them, they just want it to be an option for marketing purposes. Oh you want a manual and creature comforts? Fork over 43k.... They arent even trying to compete with the wrangler, let alone beat it.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They (FoMoCo) are basically trying to create a Self Fulfilling Prophesy...... by not offering the MT with other options that people want, so that they can say that MT sales are not at a level to offer the MT on future units.

What they are going to cause... Alienation of potential buyers and loss of profits along with potential better CAFA Ratings.

There's no Manufacturing Reason keeping FoMoCo from being able to do this.

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been waiting too. And we will all be waiting till December/January to order. And we will all be waiting till next summer or later to take delivery. So relax. You may not even want a Bronco by then. Statistically speaking, not all of us with reservations will live long enough to see a bronco in person. There isn't a strong enough reason to allow ourselves to become hysterical... Yet
Dude, I'm kidding. Clearly went over your head...

Sponsored

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do think there is likely some truth to the idea that Ford was surprised by the demand for the manual and is deliberately pushing people away to avoid a production bottleneck. But, I think we would all agree that we’d be much more appreciative if they would just be transparent and tell us that they didn’t anticipate the demand and therefore, there could be some delay in filling all the manual orders. It seems they think they are “saving face,” but feels like they’re just irritating people. For me, I like the idea of a BaseManSquatch enough to not jump ship, but I think they could be handling this much better than they are.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I do think there is likely some truth to the idea that Ford was surprised by the demand for the manual and is deliberately pushing people away to avoid a production bottleneck. But, I think we would all agree that we’d be much more appreciative if they would just be transparent and tell us that they didn’t anticipate the demand and therefore, there could be some delay in filling all the manual orders. It seems they think they are “saving face,” but feels like they’re just irritating people. For me, I like the idea of a BaseManSquatch enough to not jump ship, but I think they could be handling this much better than they are.
After talking with my better half about how much I actually use or enjoy the creature comforts in our Kia Optima, I'm leaning heavily towards Sasquatched Base. Especially if Ford doesn't budge on the BD/Mid/MT situation. I have builds for Base, BD, and BL, which I thought I'd lean Badlands, but now I'm thinking Base ManSquatch because F the creature comforts. LOL

Omarius

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford's decision making truly flabbergasts me. Both with how half baked the build and price is, and their choices in the options department. It's like the insane are running the asylum over there.