Addison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Smittybilt has a two person RTT for under $1,000. I was initially looking at that for later down the road.
The platform rack I’ll consider if we can get it with the 2.7. If not then I’ll go through maybe Rhino Rack
I have the same Smittybilt RTT you're talking about (Gen 1) and its been great! Attached it to Yakima CoreBar Crossbars and the whole get up ran about $1,000 (Gen 2 may be a bit more expensive) when they first came out. Very easy to install and nice quality for entry RTT price
Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Am i wrong to think $599 for tow package is crazy? I want a hitch for a swing out bike rack but a quick google search showed me tons of options for Wranger and F150 in the 150-200 range. Am I missing something?

BroncoJones

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody know the difference between the modular from bumper and this "capable" bumper?
I saw this too and believe its another one of the "bugs" with the B&P. I think it should say "winch capable" bumper. That leads me to believe the standard "heavy-duty" bumper is not setup to mount a winch and you need to "upgrade" to the (winch) "capable" one if you want the mounting plate. This is how I read it but its still a guess.

Reactions: R11

Troy13

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota corolla
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Two I'm considering that I would love thoughts on:
Door cover bags for $350 seems expensive and I'm also (probably naively) assuming they're going to be high quality. Would this be the kind of thing that will be way cheaper after market?
Tube step for $395. Based on what I've seen it doesn't seem like the bronco will need a tube step but if I don't get one from the factory will it be expensive/low quality to add one later?

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same Smittybilt RTT you're talking about (Gen 1) and its been great! Attached it to Yakima CoreBar Crossbars and the whole get up ran about $1,000 (Gen 2 may be a bit more expensive) when they first came out. Very easy to install and nice quality for entry RTT price
Easy to install huh?

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoFanBoy

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Two I'm considering that I would love thoughts on:
Door cover bags for $350 seems expensive and I'm also (probably naively) assuming they're going to be high quality. Would this be the kind of thing that will be way cheaper after market?
Tube step for $395. Based on what I've seen it doesn't seem like the bronco will need a tube step but if I don't get one from the factory will it be expensive/low quality to add one later?
I feel like a door bag is the kind of thing you can just DIY for like 50 bucks and a trip to the fabric store. Unless you really care about the esthetics that much, it’s just some fabric to prevent scratches during storage and I couldn’t care less abt how it looks

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the $250 for mesh bimini was good...is it not?
On my wranglers I always had the Spiderweb shade top. It was awesome and best of all you could leave it on with the top up. Not sure what it costs now, but it was well under $200 the last time I got one.

PosterNutbag

Badlands
First Name
Addison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Easy to install huh?
Very easy for two people, took probably an hour and a half max to install crossbars and RTT for the first time(probably would've took way less had we not lost the directions for the RTT). One person can still do it easily, just a little more awkward lifting the RTT on top of the vehicle (weighs about 110lbs and is fairly wide)

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very easy for two people, took probably an hour and a half max to install crossbars and RTT for the first time(probably would've took way less had we not lost the directions for the RTT). One person can still do it easily, just a little more awkward lifting the RTT on top of the vehicle (weighs about 110lbs and is fairly wide)
So get the cross bars and find a deal on a tent later would be your 2 cents ?

Sponsored

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Am i wrong to think $599 for tow package is crazy? I want a hitch for a swing out bike rack but a quick google search showed me tons of options for Wranger and F150 in the 150-200 range. Am I missing something?
Your missing the wiring harness/plug for trailer lights...and labor.

I installed aftermarket on my 20 explorer, and the 18 edge before that, both without the wiring. Theyre a bit of hassle to install, a second set of hands is very helpful. Both required exhaust to be lowered. Explorer required some bumper trimming.
Look at a manufacturer website (like Curt) and you should be able to view some installation instruction, but probably not bronco specific yet.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP: In my opinion, most aftermarket bumpers look like absolute garbage. And you’re gonna pay a good bit for a well fabricated product. I personally think Ford’s steel bumper is pretty nice and decently priced, as it also includes installation. This is all subjective though.
Wholeheartedly agree. At least there will be plenty of takeoffs if I do damage mine.

OP
OP
BroncoFanBoy

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

do you guys know anything about aftermarket quality of headliner insulation? A quick search for jeep shows them for about half the price ford is asking

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like others mentioned, you can do better going aftermarket. 3 thin strips on the edges for $300, there’s not much material for any protection.
E198DB2B-D857-4410-9B3B-11B486FF98D0.png
While xpel may be great, that's gotta cost a thousand bucks easy, maybe twice. Makes Ford's a pretty good deal....
Sponsored