Sponsored

Anyone Now on the Bronco Fence or Totally Off It Now that the B&P is Out?

BernR6

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5, 2018 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ugh, I'm not sure. I was only going to get a Base 2 door 7sp. I'm set up with Granger and was planning to do a road trip from Southeast PA to Iowa. X plan would've been helpful. If they offer recent grad discounts that could be good too. Biggest hurdle is the pricing. I was going to lease this one, because of its newness and can trade in for 4 door down the road if I feel it's needed. B&P is not showing any lease options, so I'll have to check with Granger.

I also would love a 4x4 truck but don't want to wait for the Bronco version. I like the Gladiator and there might be good discounts. Just never drove a SFA...don't know enough about death wobble likelihood, comfort, etc.

Why can't I make decisions in life!? lol

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing changed for me. I knew what I wanted before B&P and was able to get it for the budget I anticipated.
Me too . I was pleasantly surprised . I waited until lunch today to build my Wildtrak and added the roof rails , sound deadening , towing package , leather trimmed MGV seats , rock rails and the high package just fine.

yesmar

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have two reservations that I made on launch day. Base 4dr, black diamond 4dr. Considering cancelling them, selling the trucks when I get them, or giving the reservations to someone who really wants them.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am seriously considering my options at this point. One or two disappointments I might let slide but when they start to add up, I am not sure it is worth the money. I want to love my vehicle- not just be ok with it.
I cant get past the MIC top ... the multiple grey / black plastics is frustrating on a 50k price tag

Sponsored
OP
OP
GrahamB

GrahamB

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E550, MGA, 510
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm actually less on the fence now than what I was originally. I have always been firmly in the Base to Black Diamond group. The issue is that Ford knows how to nickel and dime people on the higher trim levels (and knows many are willing to let them). People who are satisfied with more functionality over luxury in the bottom three trims are getting way more value for the money spent. I even find it hard justifying moving from a fully optioned Base w/ Squatch (which is basically a Black Diamond without the vinyl and washout interior) to a similarly optioned Big Bend with the Mid Package for $7k more. Essentially all you are getting in that tradeoff is optional signature lighting, navigation (which is free through your smartphone),and heated steering wheel and seats. That is not $7k worth of stuff to me because I don't need driver assist features. I would enjoy the heated wheel and seats but that would be about it. I won't enjoy it for $7k more though. I guess that puts me firmly in a fully optioned and accessorized Base w/ Sasquatch, rockin' Velocity Blue.
So funny you said all of this. I was planning for all along, and have the budget for, a decently optioned Badlands... even at the higher end with all the tacked on crap. But I found myself looking at the base with steel wheels last night. I'm just used to trucks like a D90 being a work/beat the hell out of it truck. My D90 experience was 10 years ago before all of those bloated prices now. When when the Bronco pricing got so bloated, I'm now looking at a 'work' truck version of the Bronco as being the likely only saving grace for me to justify buying one. I have an AMG GTS on my soon to purchase list and was in the G63 thinking before the Bronco (for my truck needs)... but can't quantify having a Bronco prevent something like the AMG GTS purchase. I don't care about the fluffy Badland stuff per se... just thought those options would be nice. But once priced out... justification is becoming next to nil.

OP
OP
GrahamB

GrahamB

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E550, MGA, 510
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have two reservations that I made on launch day. Base 4dr, black diamond 4dr. Considering cancelling them, selling the trucks when I get them, or giving the reservations to someone who really wants them.
Same boat here.... except a single reservation... but am thinking about cash buy, then sell it. Hard part is my finance degree is doing the tax math in Texas and the % I give away to the 'ol gov't up front limits the profit margin for sure.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was absolutely all in until the trash interiors were released
The interior choices are a freaking disaster..they look terrible with the various body colors.

ericmario

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I still want the Bronco....but now my mind and gut is telling myself, wait 3-5 years when they come out with a refresh with better options/features. I think they struck gold with the design, but like many others have said, interior looks a bit trash, especially when you're paying $50k+ on it (CAD $) after all the options.

My ideal Bronco would be the 7 speed with Squash (or I can just upgrade the wheels AM as that's really what matters to me as I"m not really going to use this as an off-roader) with at least the 2.7. My reason is purely based on the fact that I currently have the 2.3 on my stang and I just can't fathom having that same engine on a much heavier vehicle AND Ford de-tuning it down from 310bhp to 270. If the Bronco was $15k cheaper then maybe I'll settle for the subpar interior, but not at the current price point.

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So now that B&P came out, I'm definitely less excited. It just feels like the base price plus options on the Badlands four door I was shooting for has now become less than reasonable... in my mind. It's just about justification of a nearly 50% increase in price now that I optioned it with what I would expect to be a moderately normal set of options.

I'll say this, the design is still fantastic. It is still likely a very capable truck. I do still 'want' one. But I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around over $60k (with tax in Texas). I can justify around or a little above $50k in my head. I have owned a D90, Range Rover Classic, and blah blah blah numerous other vehicles (never a Ford). I was about ready to pull the trigger on either a few year old G63 or GLS63 until the Bronco came into being. With the options on the Bronco, I'm actually now over the cost of a two or three year old CPO GLS63. I have a morning of the second day reservation. Don't get me wrong, I like the truck. But with all of the nit picky options (and thus additional cost), I'm now on the fence. It's in the reach or above that of a lightly used G63 or GLS63 now... so my mind is now wandering.

Anyone else? I wonder how many of those reservations may now not convert with people seeing the all-in pricing.
I have no issues, if anything Im totally in, Sasquatch Is only 4195. Less than the 5 k I was thinking about

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pricing, I felt, stayed pretty in line with the numbers from the surveys. So, no real surprises there.

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. I'd priced Rubicons with comparable attributes and guessed I was gonna be into this 55-60k. My estimate was correct.

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm on the fence. Building it out the way I would want came out to 54k, with tax and license thats about 60.5k. With 15k down and 72 month term thats still about $700 a month. I like it but I dont think I like it that much. A little more and I could be considering a Raptor and I think I would rather have a raptor. There are other vehicles coming out in the near future that have my interest as well and I might end up waiting to see how those turn out.

Deleted member 10201

I'm not totally put off, but won't commit until I have seen and driven the vehicle in person. Also kid of torn with the Defender 90 which I can get for about the same price most of these builds are coming out at (<55k).

Jtorral

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am seriously considering jumping back on the Jeep bandwagon at this point. Yes the Bronco by all means appears to be a better vehicle, but I am really disappointed with the results after the B&P. My BL jumped 10k in price and I even have to throw in rock rails as an option. Originally I read somewhere rock rails were included with the BL. None the less, I need to rethink this entire purchase. Really love the car but that price climbs really fast and you really can't cherry pick what you want as an option. Pick this you need to upgrade the package/ How about let me pick this and that without needing all this other BS stuff.
Sponsored