Sponsored

Anyone Now on the Bronco Fence or Totally Off It Now that the B&P is Out?

lightbulb

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was holding hope that there would be some additional surprises for the First Edition. I am now considering holding until MY22.
Sponsored

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not even close to the fence! If I love the styling and work Ford put into this, modeling it after a first gen. If I could have my way would there be some things I'd do differently (v6 or v8 and manual trans) Sure! But, I've built my Bronco exactly how I want and will accessorize later. Completely happy with my results and expected price.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

50/50 here. Day 1 FE reservation and fuckin stoked!! Talks of only Navy Pier made me reserve a backup Wildtrack just incase.
  1. BP crushed my FE plans with navy pier
  2. Wildtrack interior is ok, not a fan of the camo and the sand stone is MEH.
  3. Built out a Badlands and was all good until I realized only manual seats.
Provably going WT to hold me over until the Warthog comes out.

FE is a huge disappointment!

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Missing for me:
- Interior finishes and color combos seem weird. Cant I just get black?
- Bumpers front and rear: Don't look cool like the photos leading up to this B&P
- Wheels & Tires = zero options for sizes much less designs.
- No Body Color top option.
- $55k build seems spendy
- 12" screen only available on upper trims
- Packages: you should be able to add individual options a-la-carte, and get a discount when you "bundle" a group in a package. I guess car makers will never do that,

I guess this is all the stuff you go to aftermarket for.
I wish you could downgrade and get a discount to steel wheels so when you do your own you dont need to try and sell some stock premium wheels.

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So now that B&P came out, I'm definitely less excited. It just feels like the base price plus options on the Badlands four door I was shooting for has now become less than reasonable... in my mind. It's just about justification of a nearly 50% increase in price now that I optioned it with what I would expect to be a moderately normal set of options.

I'll say this, the design is still fantastic. It is still likely a very capable truck. I do still 'want' one. But I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around over $60k (with tax in Texas). I can justify around or a little above $50k in my head. I have owned a D90, Range Rover Classic, and blah blah blah numerous other vehicles (never a Ford). I was about ready to pull the trigger on either a few year old G63 or GLS63 until the Bronco came into being. With the options on the Bronco, I'm actually now over the cost of a two or three year old CPO GLS63. I have a morning of the second day reservation. Don't get me wrong, I like the truck. But with all of the nit picky options (and thus additional cost), I'm now on the fence. It's in the reach or above that of a lightly used G63 or GLS63 now... so my mind is now wandering.

Anyone else? I wonder how many of those reservations may now not convert with people seeing the all-in pricing.
yes, the color combinations are atrocious and the options are underwhelming. Give me the ability to start with the base and just fully customize it. I'm over these trims, it's 2020, let's allow customers to customize a vehicle like this. For first year reservation holders, that would be amazing. We could get the exact things we want in each package. Hell if it's not "in a package you select, you pay a premium to allow for additional cost / time on the line. I'm pretty sour on Ford right now and feel like they royally fucked this all up and i am wondering if they will nail it for 2022 as far as options/trims/exterior colors. It all seems so bleh. I still might end up with a squatched base but i don't think i can justify spending more $ on a higher trim knowing 3 yrs from now something way better will be available. Might have two broncos in 3-4 yrs lol so i guess FORD wins in the end.

Sponsored

gavalan

Base
First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have to say I'm disappointed and am reconsidering. It's been frustrating to only see highly upgraded models or concept builds for months, while full photos of stock, lower-end models haven't been readily available. Then there were website issues with reservations, now issues with B&P. I'm nervous about how the actual rollout of vehicles may be flawed or delayed. It's been nearly 24 hours and I still can't get the B&P page to load. When I start adding options, the photos just load and load. I literally just want to see what I will be buying.

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
50/50 here. Day 1 FE reservation and fuckin stoked!! Talks of only Navy Pier made me reserve a backup Wildtrack just incase.
  1. BP crushed my FE plans with navy pier
  2. Wildtrack interior is ok, not a fan of the camo and the sand stone is MEH.
  3. Built out a Badlands and was all good until I realized only manual seats.
Provably going WT to hold me over until the Warthog comes out.

FE is a huge disappointment!
Same, I'm trying to figure out the best option to tie myself over until the Warthog release. Started looking at Wranglers today since depreciation is manageble and I could ditch it in a few years, vs a Badlands which I might have trouble selling since I have no idea what depreciation will look like- plus everyone might have the same idea and flood the market with used Broncos. Also worried about being a guinea pig for the Bronco's first year release ?

Decisions decisions...

buckthis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Ford Focus, Buick Enclave, Toyota CH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm ok with everything but the interior options. I'm looking at a VB OBX and thinking "How in the hell are bronze and navy pier going to match that?" I'm dead set on the VB and on the OBX trim. I'm just not sure I can handle that much mismatched stuff, though.
I actually think your picks will look awesome.

Builtwild

Badlands
First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was all in until I saw the interior options. I don’t understand the combos they decided upon, specifically for the Wildtrak. For a $50k+ vehicle I should have more options than camo cloth and sandstone leather, it’s just upsetting. Are they seriously unable to offer just a simple all black leather option on one of the highest trim levels? I’d happily settle for that. Probably going Badlands or even Outer Banks now just because the interiors are so much nicer.. we’ll see.
Going with badlands but i think they only have all black leather option. it gets hit in here but i cant have blues and navy pier options. Those interior designer should be fired. As simple as that.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m out, reserved base model 4 door with Sasquatch, but at 43k and the taxes we pay on new vehicles here in Georgia (taxes get paid at time of purchase, then only $25 for tag renewal every year after that here) so be around $45-47k drive out....not worth it.

Sponsored

Opossum

Black Diamond
First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a pre-cutoff September reservation and a post-cutoff reservation (both made before cutoff was announced). Originally it was to price shop two different dealerships but now I'm glad I have the flexibility. Since I wasn't expecting to receive delivery until Q4 21 anyway, MY22 seems like the better option for me. Getting to see the colors, materials, etc. before ordering + more potential "listening" options makes a lot of sense for a vehicle I plan on keeping until the wheels fall off... a couple times.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm definitely on the fence now. Considering rebates I can get a very well optioned, more powerful, larger, and more capable full size truck for the same price. Or I can get a similarly equipped 3 row crossover for substantially less. And use the savings to buy a old wrangler to use as a toy. Still love the Bronco, but I dont love the idea of spending $50k on a vehicle that is full of compromises.
This is what it might come down to for me as well. The pricing came in right about spot on my target, but no X plan makes me want to drop a few options of offset that loss. Biggest issue is the modular top. I'm really set on that. If the MIC top were black, I might be convinced to accept it. The final issue is the black and roast leather doesn't show power seats available. Hopefully, that's just bad info. I'm still hanging in there till the end.

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not even close to the fence! If I love the styling and work Ford put into this, modeling it after a first gen. If I could have my way would there be some things I'd do differently (v6 or v8 and manual trans) Sure! But, I've built my Bronco exactly how I want and will accessorize later. Completely happy with my results and expected price.
Agreed. Bought a 2020 GT350 to tide me over. Happy with Ford.

Reactions: JAC

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know im on the fence. I also know I'll have some FOMO if I don't get one. I have been drawn to the Bronco Sport Badlands for a while now. I've really thought about going that route holding off the bigger one for few years see what transpires! I have built the OBX in the bigger bronco I may be the only person likes the bronze. I however picked VB or IS as my outside color feel those two are the only ones brings it all together. I really wanted the upgraded top that's my biggest bummer. I'll be seeing a sort Monday in person figure see how that goes.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pricing, I felt, stayed pretty in line with the numbers from the surveys. So, no real surprises there.
With the exception of leather, I agree. I expected it would be $ 500-600 less.
Sponsored