Sponsored

Anyone Now on the Bronco Fence or Totally Off It Now that the B&P is Out?

tarantularock

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / future Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
yep ...So I picked up a low milage convertible to hold me over for a while & to split duties with my f150. I'm going back to my first instinct to let ford figure out all the bugs / packages options... I'll want to test drive one for sure but I won't expect to pick one up until they are available on the dealer lots.
Sponsored

Deleted member 9487

I'm out. What's available isn't perfect, and that's all I was willing to accept for a pre-ordered, first gen, never test driven ~$40-$45k purchase. Primarily, white top was must-have. Going to be a domesticated Bronco anyway, maybe something electrified or hybridized will be available for 2022. Not in a rush. Disappointed, but far from crushed. Good luck to all with their orders!

bhubert

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am still in. I'll be the first to say that I don't know if I care for the sasquatch package so I might go aftermarket for wheels, tires, lift. I think it is crazy that I have to jump so high into the Lux package for a heated steering wheel. I don't like the 12" screen which isn't really an issue since I won't upgrade that. OBX, 2.7, MIC Top (I don't mind the look), Mesh soft cover.

Aftermarket
Bully bar
Wheels, Tires, Lift- Probably 2" with 33 ATs

Deleted member 9490

I think Iā€™m pretty much out. Iā€™ll go buy a raptor and wait for the warthog. The FE is an absolute train wreck. Whatever VP pushed that navy pier interior down our throats should be smacked.

Anyone want my reservation? Lol

Sponsored

DanSCVFD40

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I came close to getting a 2020 Ford Explorer ST today. Iā€™m a sucker for nice interior, and it checks off all the boxes, and then some. Also the 2020 model seems to have already went down in price, have one around me ( brand new ) that is 8k less than they start off at. But.... then I looked at the Bronco again. It just has that look! B&P was severely disappointing. I have till Nov 3 to get 0% APR on the Explorer. Really hoping Ford fixes the B&P as well as offering more interior options per trim before than. Haha. Itā€™s just hard to pass up on the Bronco, but to get something that looks decent to me... it easily approaches that 60k mark. Honestly wish Ford wouldnā€™t do exclusive interior trim packages per each Bronco. Just step up the options the further you go up the Bronco ladder, but keep the options from the previous Bronco trim level as well!

RobPS

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, MB E350 Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree, nothing they've done has made me consider a Jeep. But I may just get a new sports car instead of a bronco and wait a few model years.
Ditto! I've been pricing a new Z4 and it is about the same price. Decisions decisions!

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, getting a black diamond with the blue stitching on a Cyber Orange is also weird. But oh well. ?
Would you be up for a trade? I'm getting an Oxford White Badlands. It's grips and stitching are Cyber Orange.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford made a mess of this whole thing. Really sad. If the wife is still excited and wants one thatā€™s her choice. I know I wonā€™t be happy riding in something that I was expecting to be awesome to something I had to settle on. If I was the owner there would be a lot of people losing there job over this.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll be the weird one, I actually like the BD interior colors.
Other than the blue I think the BD is fine. At least the blue is fairly inoffensive. I'd prefer it not to be blue but it's not a dealbreaker like the orange on the BL or the zillion colours in an OBX would be.

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am now, after seeing the B&P, with the options and model i would do, less of a value, so priicey-now i am back to considering the Defender 90, 4 year warranty so i am not as concerned with any sniggles that come out, and am happy driving a loaner if it is in the shop-still on the fence, and most likely will let my wife decide so we have peace in the crib.
I've also been considering a Defender 110. Reliability fears (a la TFL on youtube) scared me off a bit and convinced me to stick with the tried and true Bronco without constant fear of Land Rover repair bills. That said, the B&P works well and you can order one however you like and get it in a few months...

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is so effed.... i am tired of all the missteps and the time that has passed has undoubtedly left me less enthused.

From super high on 7/13 to almost meh today.

I think the almost final straw was me on the Ford website TRYING to search inventory on an F250 Tremor and I got the dreaded Bronco ā€˜waitā€™ page because their servers were overloaded. Yes, the BRONCO page when I was trying to look at an F250.

I cannot believe their IT issues continue after the reservation fiasco, yet here we are with a poorly tested B&P after MONTHS of waiting, and then still website issues.

Yes, I get it. The newer members calls us whiners, cry babies, etc. But honestly, if you have been around for a while and you are STILL excited... good for you.

Maybe I should go and try out the Jeep wave.
Sponsored