Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250, 3 Mustangs, 2018 Audi, annnnd a Buick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here’s my input.

1. Keyless Entry Pad - I don’t see the point of getting this option.
I can admit I use mine on my Truck often, out in the yard and need something from inside. makes it easy. especially with kids, grabbing a car seat and such. I have a few vehicles tho so if this was my main squeeze and i had keys on me all the time, probably not worth it.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not going to tell you how to do it but how I will do it and why. I'm getting a Badlands all I wanted is to be under $60k so I can add everything I want regardless and be under so if I want it I'll get it. I never buy me nice new stuff only the wife so its my turn.
  1. Factory Bumpers - I'm just a factory look kinda person
  2. Brush Guard - Not worth it, and aftermarket will make one lower.
  3. Remote start system - I just want it never had it
  4. Engine Block Heater - I will have remote start never needed it before. Seems like work.
  5. Keyless Entry Pad - I just want it always have never had it.
  6. Roof rails - I want a rack that only covers the back and not the front above the front modular roof piece.
  7. Off-road recovery kits - I have a tow strap
  8. Winch - If I need it I need new friend or a new ride. Also I would buy Harbor freight
  9. Air Compressor - $50 harbor freight
  10. Pod Lights - Not me. But if I was it would need to be Ford stamped at that price
  11. Light Bar - Not me. But if I was it would need to be Ford stamped at that price
  12. Portable Fridge - I would like to have but I'm to cheap.
  13. PPF - look at older cars it goes bad, I will be adding Ceramic coating
  14. MIC- Is a must Warranty
  15. Mesh top- I will buy it its overpriced but I want it day one. I use one on my Jeep and SXS. (not really happy about this one its wayyyyy over price
  16. Sound Deadening- A must day one also
  17. Floor Liners- Must I want Factory
  18. Upgraded storage bad- Must one scratch and I saved money. piece of mind
  19. Towing- I want it day one.
  20. Tube Doors- I want factory
  21. Under body rock lights- I just want it.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sweet. I'll stay with my plastic just to keep the fog lights. When I inevitably have to replace them, the aftermarket will be up and running. Money saved is money earned.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree those Pod Lights are pricey but I know Rigid is one of the best. However, does anyone know if this accessory is installed with full wiring hookup? I actually selected the pod lights assuming that it will (I am going to verify with the dealer first). I bought some Rigid Off Road Lights to mount on my front bumper of my Jeep GC and ended up paying someone to wire them to a switch installed in my dash. I was going to do it myself but was nervous about drilling thru the firewall in a brand new car. It was a pain finding someone to do it and then paying them around $150 for labor alone. Those lights are high end so I know they are pricey. So to me if the wiring to one of those overhead switches is included, I will order for piece of mind and to have on day 1. If anyone knows for sure, I would love to know.
Installation should be covered. If you are using one of the Aux switches then I would guess that when you order you could define which one of those switches you would like to be used for those lights (one on the far right/the far left/second one from the left etc).

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not going to tell you how to do it but how I will do it and why. I'm getting a Badlands all I wanted is to be under $60k so I can add everything I want regardless and be under so if I want it I'll get it. I never buy me nice new stuff only the wife so its my turn.
  1. Factory Bumpers - I'm just a factory look kinda person
  2. Brush Guard - Not worth it, and aftermarket will make one lower.
  3. Remote start system - I just want it never had it
  4. Engine Block Heater - I will have remote start never needed it before. Seems like work.
  5. Keyless Entry Pad - I just want it always have never had it.
  6. Roof rails - I want a rack that only covers the back and not the front above the front modular roof piece.
  7. Off-road recovery kits - I have a tow strap
  8. Winch - If I need it I need new friend or a new ride. Also I would buy Harbor freight
  9. Air Compressor - $50 harbor freight
  10. Pod Lights - Not me. But if I was it would need to be Ford stamped at that price
  11. Light Bar - Not me. But if I was it would need to be Ford stamped at that price
  12. Portable Fridge - I would like to have but I'm to cheap.
  13. PPF - look at older cars it goes bad, I will be adding Ceramic coating
  14. MIC- Is a must Warranty
  15. Mesh top- I will buy it its overpriced but I want it day one. I use one on my Jeep and SXS. (not really happy about this one its wayyyyy over price
  16. Sound Deadening- A must day one also
  17. Floor Liners- Must I want Factory
  18. Upgraded storage bad- Must one scratch and I saved money. piece of mind
  19. Towing- I want it day one.
  20. Tube Doors- I want factory
  21. Under body rock lights- I just want it.
#20 them are expensive! And really only need one for wife side!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sweet. I'll stay with my plastic just to keep the fog lights. When I inevitably have to replace them, the aftermarket will be up and running. Money saved is money earned.
It would be nice to downgrade the BD front bumper to the BB version with fog lights.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You moving on up? I thought you were on the Big Bend.
I think so. After my BB build I was really close to BD. So I tried that and, assuming I got things matched up (eventually I will ask Albert and team to help me verify), the BB was about $5-800 less than the BD. For that minimum amount I can easily justify the vinyl seats and washout floor.

Simple as that, I want to keep the price down but when I got "THAT CLOSE" I decided to "Just do it".

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where is cheaper ?
The cross bars plus the RRT are basically less than retail... plus they are installed plus they are under the financing
You can do a search on Yakima RTT, for cheaper. Light one can be installed by one person but two is better. The issue is finding it somewhere, most are out of stock. I wanted to go with Fords RTT prior to B&P but not for that price. I will shop around, there's time. Might be able to find inventory and deals with winter coming up.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It would be nice to downgrade the BD front bumper to the BB version with fog lights.
I'm going BD. There's got to be a way to install aftermarket fog lights on that modular bumper. I'll do my best to find a way. I would like that modular bull bar/platform for the winch though, but not for $2500. Can mount a couple lights on that bar.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm going BD. There's got to be a way to install aftermarket fog lights on that modular bumper. I'll do my best to find a way. I would like that modular bull bar/platform for the winch though, but not for $2500. Can mount a couple lights on that bar.
If you are willing to "give up" the modularity then that open spot on either end will be fine. Just need to find a form factor that would fit. Other than that, "If you can drill it then you can mount it".

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very cool. Thanks for that. So can you message me?
whatrack would be required for the smitty ?
the platform rack or would cross bars be suffice ?
Is anyone concerned or should we be concerned about going over the weight limit on an RTT? No many out there around 110lbs.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not understand the hate on the PPF. $295 is cheap as hell, especially installed. People hung up on “leading edge” that just means the front of the vehicle. It would be similar to this Wrangler kit from Xpel and this costs $80 more and guaranteed a shop would charge you another $150+ to install it. You’re looking at $600 I bet.

I’ll wait to see if they clarify but right now I’m adding it. Cheap PPF will still last 5 years. Worth it. I could buy the Ford stuff and then do put Xpel on myself for the same price of paying 1 person to do it once and I’ll get more years out of it.

Ford Bronco Ford Options to AVOID? 3DC4DBD9-7EFC-425D-A72C-7E051135A480

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

$650 for Pod lights?!?!
The Rigid lights are good lights. I've ran them before.
These can be had for $350 and the install is very easy especially with the aux switches.
If anyone wants to look them up they are the Rigid 4 inch 360 light in drive pattern.
Anyone should be able to install these themselves.
Avoid this accessory a save a few bucks.
Sponsored