Sponsored

Factory Paint Protection Film - worth it?

clyde

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone any thoughts on whether it is worth getting the paint protection film for the extra $295?
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If it's anything like the saran wrap that was all over my FiST, no.

Started peeling up @ first car wash. Had it all removed in about 4 washes.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not even an option for us going for the 2.7. I guess it'll be driving too fast and peal it right off :LOL:

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You donā€™t want this applied at the factory. This takes time to do it well.

second thing is the only take it up on a portion of the hood. That will look crappy.

ask anyone who has done this and they will tell you to do the whole hood or nothing.

a quality job on the front clip can run from 1500-2000. No way a factory job for 275 compares.

you get what you pay for.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone any thoughts on whether it is worth getting the paint protection film for the extra $295?
PPF can do a really good job at limiting damage to high contact areas - the question is whether what Ford is offering is competitively priced vs what you can get on your own. It's not clear (no pun intended!) which supplier they are using or the thickness of the application. I'm inclined to opt for it (except, of course, B&P currently has PPF as not being allowed with a 4-dr 2.7L motor . . . because stupid) but would get a quote from a local XPEL PPF installer for a similar treatment to compare.

Sponsored

Daisy76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You donā€™t want this applied at the factory. This takes time to do it well.

second thing is the only take it up on a portion of the hood. That will look crappy.

ask anyone who has done this and they will tell you to do the whole hood or nothing.

a quality job on the front clip can run from 1500-2000. No way a factory job for 275 compares.

you get what you pay for.
Disagree 100%! Had this done on my Mustang 10 years ago and still looks fantastic. I had this done on probably a 1/4 of the hood and fenders, mirrors, door handles and door edges with 3M PPF and you can't hardly tell its there, but would not want it on the complete hood because you do not need it and it's a waste of money to do that much area! It does have to be done correctly but a lot of dealers/body shops offer this service. If Ford is using the correct 3M PPF with a good thickness and cover as much as say a bug shield, then it is well worth the $300! Hope this helps! Also, Just to clarify, are we sure it's being done at the factory or is this completed at the dealership?

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Probably not for the Bronco. It doesn't even cover the whole thing and for some reason you can't get it with sasquatch

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Disagree 100%! Had this done on my Mustang 10 years ago and still looks fantastic. I had this done on probably a 1/4 of the hood and fenders, mirrors, door handles and door edges with 3M PPF and you can't hardly tell its there, but would not want it on the complete hood because you do not need it and it's a waste of money to do that much area! It does have to be done correctly but a lot of dealers/body shops offer this service. If Ford is using the correct 3M PPF with a good thickness and cover as much as say a bug shield, then it is well worth the $300! Hope this helps! Also, Just to clarify, are we sure it's being done at the factory or is this completed at the dealership?
Good to see a different perspectives. You might want to research the lifespan of PPF and what happens to the paint when it needs to be removed.

Good point about this being dealer installed. That seems more logical than my factory comment. Then again many dealerships may struggle to have a quality expert that has done a ton of installation.

I believe PPF is a good product. I would want to see the quality Of the installation before I would spend the money on it. And yes the partial covering of the hood does create a line that I can spot in a second. Just depends on if that kind of stuff bugs you or not.

To each his own. 295 is super cheap and that alone gives me pause.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have had all my cars done. I have used 3m Pro,Suntek Ultra,Xpel. I would go after market with this. I like having the edges rolled so you see no seams.

My Grabber Blue mustang is 100% covered after I had the stripes painted.

27402054529_154ce8f277_c-jpg.jpg

41944238995_a7791d1992_z-jpg-jpg.jpg

Sponsored

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't get with Squatch, which implies off-road use and tearing it up. Get it for a 'Mall Crawler'.

thd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1/LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had all my cars done. I have used 3m Pro,Suntek Ultra,Xpel. I would go after market with this. I like having the edges rolled so you see no seams.

My Grabber Blue mustang is 100% covered after I had the stripes painted.
Which product did you like the most?

Bronco73

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got it for my Bronco and regret it. It was installed well, and seems durable, but there is a big flaw. The film doesnā€™t wrap any of the front edges of the car (in fact, it leaves about 1/8ā€ of the whole hood tip exposed). Sadly, if I want full protection, I will now have to go to the effort of removing and cleaning the panels and paying again to get it done properly.
Sponsored