Sponsored

Anyone Now on the Bronco Fence or Totally Off It Now that the B&P is Out?

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bronco20

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been mulling over this all day and really need to sleep on it but yes, I am very much on the fence now.

Just too many little things adding up to making me feel like this is not really worth the hassle for MY21 but my current car also isn't likely to last me until MY22, so I'm starting to look elsewhere...

Heated steering wheels only on Lux package
Even if I go OBX and get Lux, no option for marine vinyl seats
Step rails only on OBX, no option on other models
Backseat floor vents
MIC top
Weird interior colors not matching when I look at other models
MIC top
No X-plan
MIC top

And really just the overall rollout making the MY22 options better than the comeback version. It just makes it less exciting. I don't want the slopped together, didn't have time to do more version. If I could hold out until MY22, I'd probably wait, but logistically that can't happen for me.

So now I sleep on it. Can I get over the above things? Do I want a vehicle where I have to be less than excited and getting over things when I'm spending more on it than any other vehicle I've owned?

parropski

Big Bend
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Like many of you it's been trickle down disappointment for the past 3 weeks. X-plan being the biggest offender.

Still in but I did change my priorities after B&P. No more squash, fancy lights and a hero panel full of buttons.

I'm going with a 2d Manual Bigbend. I decided to build it slowly. Read on what braver souls did to fix the gray top . Buy a set of take off wheels/tires from a people with more disposable income.

Maybe in 3 years sell my buildup rig if ford has better/cheaper bronco options.

psychwarfare

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, MGB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Leaning towards being out on this after all of the crap Ford has been trickling out. I can be understanding when it comes to Covid. But I can't be understanding when you've had innumerable years to put this together and you shit the bed in this fashion.

The FE is abysmal from an aesthetic standpoint with the interior color. Even the way they've decided to break upholstery panel colors etc across the different trims. Its all so questionable...and then to basically offer a crap video and crap renderings for me to decide I'm going to move forward on a 50-65k vehicle purchase without seeing one in person. GTFOH.

All of this could be misconveyed and perhaps as weeks go by there will be opportunities to see these things in person and maybe it will all go better together than we think.

But if you fuck up everything to this point...why would I have faith it will all come together in the end? I never viewed Ford as lovable oafs...

Mechanically, this thing looks top notch. Body design is fantastic. But man you completely fuck that by offering trash interiors. This thing should've been the easiest thing to nail for Ford...but leave it to them to overcomplicate something dead simple.

I will say the bronze dash is infinitely intriguing for me and is one of the few selling points keeping me interested. If I sway to being in, I will probably switch to OBx.

Washoe

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche, MB.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So now that B&P came out, I'm definitely less excited. It just feels like the base price plus options on the Badlands four door I was shooting for has now become less than reasonable... in my mind. It's just about justification of a nearly 50% increase in price now that I optioned it with what I would expect to be a moderately normal set of options.

I'll say this, the design is still fantastic. It is still likely a very capable truck. I do still 'want' one. But I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around over $60k (with tax in Texas). I can justify around or a little above $50k in my head. I have owned a D90, Range Rover Classic, and blah blah blah numerous other vehicles (never a Ford). I was about ready to pull the trigger on either a few year old G63 or GLS63 until the Bronco came into being. With the options on the Bronco, I'm actually now over the cost of a two or three year old CPO GLS63. I have a morning of the second day reservation. Don't get me wrong, I like the truck. But with all of the nit picky options (and thus additional cost), I'm now on the fence. It's in the reach or above that of a lightly used G63 or GLS63 now... so my mind is now wandering.

Anyone else? I wonder how many of those reservations may now not convert with people seeing the all-in pricing.
I will say this honestly and nicely. The prices are coming exactly as expected. New for new is the honest and only way to compare. I have a 2020/21 Defender or a 2020/21 Bronco in my sights. For the money, a wildtrac comes in at $60,000 without going into the 200 option pool, yet, and I expect after playing in the pool I will spend another $6,000 to $9,000. And that is a lot of money. The Defender, simlarly built is about $90,000. Oh, and yes, I have looked at a G wagon. I cannot justify spending $127,000 for something like that, others do. I just donā€˜t When a Bronco does 100% of the G wagon, minus the status does. Where, for a new design, new vehicle can I get what the Bronco has to offer? I can spend more, realistically but not less, I have no other meaningful options. The price is fair, sure cheaper would be better but the price is market.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm still in. The b&p hasn't affected my original plan at all. Everything I was looking for is pretty much there. Plus the price I thought it would be was spot on.

Last edited:

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am in Black Diamond area right now, so I wasn't too disappointed but it does seem like the higher trims got the more raw end of pricing. I was leaning toward velocity blue, but I think the interior trim on the BD is a different color of blue, which given the exposed paint surface on the inside, is going to drive me batballs crazy.

My biggest complaints are the lack of accessories on the current B&P and the lack of interior options. I think the Bronco Sport had more options and better photos of the inside. I still don't have any idea what my options are for the cargo area and that was the thing I was most looking forward to figuring out.

Wild Bill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wanted a Badlands in Area 51 but I don't like the orange stitching and trim details with that color. I may cancel my 2021 reservation and go with my 2022 reservation and hope for better interior choices.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A comparably equipped Rubicon, with the diesel motor to match the power of the 2.7, is 60k. A topped out Badsquatch is 58k. The badlands is the better deal. I donā€™t understand why people are getting cold feet here?

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Been monkeying around on the jeep site built one gladiator the tow package was unreal 240 amp alt ,Dana 44 front and rear ,4.10 gears , heavy duty cooling,trailer hitch and a bunch more for 1200 bucks .
Iā€™m not jumping ship but this is all with a manual 3.6 for 33,400$ throw a lift and tires and you would have a stupid cool rig

Sponsored

jpeml94

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback (2016)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dad actually just purchased a 2020 keep gladiator rubicon. Itā€™s a fantastic car and I enjoy driving it so much, I looked into a gladiator or wrangler for myself.. They are SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive compared to a BL bronco.

I was set on the modular top, until I saw the overland Area 51 rig with the regular hardtop. I donā€™t care what you want to call the roof color, that thing looks perfect. Yes, perfect! From people who have seen the vehicles in person, they say MGV looks and feels great. The manual transmission saves you $1600! The suspension is nearly the same as the Sasquatch suspension. You can easily build a sub $48k BL. Not to mention the offers from some of the dealerships being offered.

Sure, Ford shit the bed by not being a little more capable in making a great B&P tool. And Yes, some accessories wonā€™t be on the website or available day one, but the bucket load of aftermarket accessories that will surely be offered day 1 Should make up for Fordā€™s mistakes.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else?
Last night , I was a bit sticker shocked over the Badlands.....BUT... on the flip side, the value shopper in me is now PUMPED at the thought of a BaseManSquatch at around 36/38k!!! Considering all the very good driveline components that Squatch brings, at less than 5k, it is an incredible value.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can buy a more than capable bronco for just under 50k. Ford botched this B&P, without a doubt; however I do believe for most people expectations were too high going into this. No brand new vehicle goes without itā€™s hiccups. Iā€™m still very much on this Bronco train.
I think you can get more than capable for under $40k (BD). I don't need all the bells and whistles and creature comforts. I just want to get it and go, can't wait!
Sponsored