First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had a Black Diamon reserved. Was thinking it would be around $600/month tops.

I realized the build and price calculator automatically factors in 10% downpayment and slowly realized this is not going to happen for me.

I am young and make pretty good money. I have two cars, an F150 ecoboost and a 2SS Camaro. I was going to sell both to pay for the Bronco if needed. But $700/month for a car is outrageous. Even the base model with any extras puts you over $600 a month with no down payment and excellent credit for a 60 or 72 month loan. Seeing as I don't even have a family yet, there is no way I would ever be able or willing to swing this.

Anyone else coming to this realization too? It kinda sucks. If 4x4 is your thing and that's what you want to spend all your money on, then this is probably a pretty decent option. But I am worried a lot of people might spread themselves a little thin with this one. I am going to keep my older cars and enjoy the best of both worlds. To all of you who are committed and/or have the luxury of affording such a beautiful piece of machinery, I wish you the best! Enjoy it for me.
Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I realized the build and price calculator automatically factors in 10% downpayment and slowly realized this is not going to happen for me.

I am young and make pretty good money. I have two cars, an F150 ecoboost and a 2SS Camaro. I was going to sell both to pay for the Bronco if it needed. But $700/month for a car is outrageous. Even the base model with any extras puts you over $600 a month with no down payment and excellent credit for a 60 or 72 month loan. Seeing as I don't even have a family yet, there is no way I would ever be able or willing to swing this.

Anyone else coming to this realization too? It kinda sucks. If 4x4 is your thing and that's what you want to spend all your money on, then this is probably a pretty decent option. But I am worried a lot of people might spread their selves a little thin with this one...

Sad.
You say you make pretty good money, so why not save more? Probably won't get your bronco for another 10-11 months unless you were a day one reservation holder. Have you budgeted out your saving schedule to estimate the downpayment you'd have by the time this thing will be delivered?

Absolomb

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@motman243 i was playing with this the other night if you go for 72mo with 3,500 down and a trade in that hits around $17,000 your in the ballpark of like $500 a month I THINK again this was last night at work I’m just waking up now so eh.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am young and make pretty good money. I have two cars, an F150 ecoboost and a 2SS Camaro. I was going to sell both to pay for the Bronco if it needed. But $700/month for a car is outrageous. Even the base model with any extras puts you over $600 a month with no down payment and excellent credit for a 60 or 72 month loan. Seeing as I don't even have a family yet, there is no way I would ever be able or willing to swing this.

Anyone else coming to this realization too? It kinda sucks. If 4x4 is your thing and that's what you want to spend all your money on, then this is probably a pretty decent option. But I am worried a lot of people might spread their selves a little thin with this one...

Sad.
You say you make pretty good money, so why not save more? Probably won't get your bronco for another 10-11 months unless you were a day one reservation holder. Have you budgeted out your saving schedule to estimate the downpayment you'd have by the time this thing will be delivered?
When B&P released the sticker shock became real,I think the convertion estimates may end up lower then ford was thinking.
I do think conversion estimates are going to drop hard. Because of this... does that mean I don't have to wait for a Modular painted top? :unsure:

Sponsored

mootruck98

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sad.
Don't give up on the dream. Make sure to shop around and find a good interest rate. Check your local bank, credit unions, etc...

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sad.
Are you looking at your numbers correctly? How much a month are you paying for 2 cars? Are they both paid off?

If you were to sell both vehicles, you would have money for a down payment (unless you are upside down). Buying something for over 50k with no down payment is not a great idea.

If I were you, I would sell the Camaro. Then trade in the F150 when you pick up the Bronco. Get a Base Bronco with either the bigger engine or Sasquatch- whichever is more important.

Pretty much everything else you can get aftermarket or through Ford. Don’t try to by your dream rig.

Keep your monthly payments low and slowly build it. This is a vehicle you will keep for 8+ years.

OP
OP

motman243

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When B&P released the sticker shock became real,I think the convertion estimates may end up lower then ford was thinking.
It just doesn't make any sense to me when the Bronco Sport has a multiple of the exact same features for $10k less. I understand the offroading side of things comes at a cost for production and as well as R&D, but wouldn't you think the happy medium would be a bit more within reach for someone with an above average income? These prices seem like they are out of reach for A LOT of people.

Shabakuza

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 STi // 2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well my STi was 750 a month and our F150 is 700 a month. However, we paid off the Subie after 3 years and will have the F150 paid off next year. I sold my STi though so plan to have at least 30-40k for a down payment by the time I actually take delivery.

Sponsored

Norville

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW 325i, 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I blame all the ones that said $6k for Squatch was prefectly cool (even $4,500 is too much I feel). Just kidding, but not really. Good luck to everyone out there.

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am young and make pretty good money. I have two cars, an F150 ecoboost and a 2SS Camaro. I was going to sell both to pay for the Bronco if needed. But $700/month for a car is outrageous. Even the base model with any extras puts you over $600 a month with no down payment and excellent credit for a 60 or 72 month loan. Seeing as I don't even have a family yet, there is no way I would ever be able or willing to swing this.

Anyone else coming to this realization too? It kinda sucks. If 4x4 is your thing and that's what you want to spend all your money on, then this is probably a pretty decent option. But I am worried a lot of people might spread themselves a little thin with this one. I am going to keep my older cars and enjoy the best of both worlds. To all of you who are committed and/or have the luxury of affording such a beautiful piece of machinery, I wish you the best! Enjoy it for me.
Been there and it sucks when reality hits. At least you have the ability to realize it though, and to make an informed decision either way. Sometimes it sucks to be smart enough. ?.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sad.
Just to cheer you up a bit. When I was young I had a used 1976 Ford Courier and was envious of the rich kids driving Broncos and Trans Ams. I always wanted a Bronco but it never worked out. I am now 54 with a house and family and work blue collar jobs but we save money pretty well. I will now be buying my first Bronco with cash and it’s not my daily driver. You will get there and I think you’re making the right decision by waiting. Sorry for the old guy talk.
Sponsored