Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not only is today's vinyl not like 10-20-30+ years ago, today's manufacturing process and quality control makes every inch the same reducing the chance to blemishes, splitting and falling apart. The new boats that have marine vinyl lasts 20 years and still look great. With leather, you have remember are animal hides, and even thought highly highly processed with harsh chemicals in the tanning process, it leaves much more chances for blemishes and defects that can come out after you start sitting on them. Again, they have the tanning process down after 200+ years but make no mistake, neither are 'natural' by the time you sit on them.
yup, very true. But I have to say I have a 1989 Formula 292 SR1, dunno if Formula use exceptionally good vinyl but it is still in excellent, pliable, soft condition. And it spends a lot of time in the sun and wet over the last 31 years. The part that has given up in some areas is the stitching lol. Vinyl is still fine but the stitching just rots out. Still takes 65 lbs of dog paws

so ya, todays vinyl is even better so I have no doubt the vinyl will last.

Luckily first edition doesn’t have that color scheme eh lol!!

Ford Bronco Pics of Marine Grade Vinyl Seats vs Leather Seats in 2021 Bronco - comparison 8334B086-C550-41EC-A0B4-73007A012EEB
Ford Bronco Pics of Marine Grade Vinyl Seats vs Leather Seats in 2021 Bronco - comparison ABF4CAFF-A16D-44A3-BFA1-400887DFDA52
Sponsored

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yup, the 2005 white marine grade vinyl on my Matercraft X9 still looks new... I do clean and condition it every season but as above, only had some sticking degrade on the drivers seat.

IMG_9090.jpg

IMG_9108.jpg

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
yup, very true. But I have to say I have a 1989 Formula 292 SR1, dunno if Formula use exceptionally good vinyl but it is still in excellent, pliable, soft condition. And it spends a lot of time in the sun and wet over the last 31 years. The part that has given up in some areas is the stitching lol. Vinyl is still fine but the stitching just rots out. Still takes 65 lbs of dog paws

so ya, todays vinyl is even better so I have no doubt the vinyl will last.

Luckily first edition doesn’t have that color scheme eh lol!!

Ford Bronco Pics of Marine Grade Vinyl Seats vs Leather Seats in 2021 Bronco - comparison IMG_9108
Ford Bronco Pics of Marine Grade Vinyl Seats vs Leather Seats in 2021 Bronco - comparison IMG_9108
Great pics. The dogs seem like they really enjoy the boat ride.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, the 2005 white marine grade vinyl on my Matercraft X9 still looks new... I do clean and condition it every season but as above, only had some sticking degrade on the drivers seat.

Yup....and it's pretty hefty stitching too...so that shows how well the vinyl actually weathers.

Also all this talk about hot vinyl. I have never found the seats to be overly hot in the summer in the boat. No doubt because they're white. But I mean any car sitting in the parking lot is gonna get hot as hell. inside temps can get to what 130-140F??

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great pics. The dogs seem like they really enjoy the boat ride.
lol. they like any sort of ride. Even in the winter, -20 C (-4 F), head out the window -- I have to wear a coat while driving because of the whining to open the window...and when the window is frozen shut....that's never good. Guess in the Bronco I can take the top off...lol

Sponsored

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup....and it's pretty hefty stitching too...so that shows how well the vinyl actually weathers.

Also all this talk about hot vinyl. I have never found the seats to be overly hot in the summer in the boat. No doubt because they're white. But I mean any car sitting in the parking lot is gonna get hot as hell. inside temps can get to what 130-140F??
I'd like to know if those who are concerned about hot vinyl have ever sat on a black leather seat in a mustang convertible in Florida! :LOL:

AmericanFreedom

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

gorgeous boat!

Poppy

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Titan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's my only problem with liking the Wildtrak. I'm not a fan of cloth seats!!! I do like the vinyl seats that have been shown, here, and on so many demo's... and I would gladly order those in a Wildtrak, but I don't think I can. I hate to pay extra to get the leather seats that I don't like as well as the vinyl
and rubber floor with wash outs

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I heard people describe "vinyl" as giving you sweaty ass

is leather any different in that regard? only had cloth seats in my car.
It's "swamp butt" - get it right......lol.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why are you guys posting photos of boats? I read here that in 1973 someone burned their legs on some ripped vinyl in the backseat of their mom's Pontiac and the Bronco will have this same, terrible, vinyl. Get outta here with them fancy boats and real world experience.

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Take it for what its worth,the vinyl seats are the way to go unless you just want leather.Getting to see them and touch them sold me in under a minute.
Unless you think you need the power seats.

The draw to me with the power seats is that they have more articulation. I'm guessing the 6-way manual adjustment will be enough for most folks, but it won't quite do the trick for some. The 10-way electronic adjustment is certainly a benefit of going with the leather. I'm one of those folks who struggle a bit with the seat position b/c I have multiple bad discs in my back. Even though I like the MGV seats more, that may push me to the leather. Getting older kinda sucks sometimes. Sigh.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah.... Heated... As you can see here
Do we have a final, final definitive opinion here?

Can I get heated seats with MGV on a Badlands Lux trim\option package?

Looks like the answer is NO based on B&P. So the Super Cel Bronco does NOT have heated seats with MGV?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What’s up with this photo of vinyl? Anyone who has seen it in person - does it really have this heathered texture? Or is it just the lighting

18D1950F-D4AF-4E78-ACBD-25B5B695B20B.png

B41F5070-78E2-4D2B-B070-3EB756C800F0.png
Sponsored