Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know some have asked about the 200 accessories, or upset that you can't have roof rails with a 2.7L 4 door, etc. B&P is just to give you an idea what your spending on the main purchase. Yes it has some bugs. But come December you'll sit down at the dealer and they will have their order system. It is then you will basically redo B&P along with all the accessories you can stand. You'll also be able to purchase features a la carte as well.
Sponsored

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Bingo. The amount of complexity that goes into one of these with 3D modeling, shading, and overlapping or mutually exclusive options makes it impractical to be exhaustive with the features.

Keep in mind you're looking at a 3D modeled Bronco. Every accessory needs to be modeled too. The artist doing that doesn't have a finished version of most of those options to look at in person and probably little beyond a CAD drawing. It's unrealistic to expect everything they'll have available showing in a build and price at this time.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bingo. The amount of complexity that goes into one of these with 3D modeling, shading, and overlapping or mutually exclusive options makes it impractical to be exhaustive with the features.

Keep in mind you're looking at a 3D modeled Bronco. Every accessory needs to be modeled too. The artist doing that doesn't have a finished version of most of those options to look at in person and probably little beyond a CAD drawing. It's unrealistic to expect everything they'll have available showing in a build and price at this time.
If that's the case, I wish they would have allowed you to select legitimate configurations and then give a warning that the render might not be avaiable - rather than excluding legit configurations because they can't render the model.

Musclecarconvrt

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Bronco, 1969 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Very good to hear if true. I've never special ordered a new vehicle before and the last new car I bought was in 2004, so I all this is really unfamiliar ground.

I just want a BD manual with mid package. Don't see why that should be so difficult.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If that's the case, I wish they would have allowed you to select legitimate configurations and then give a warning that the render might not be avaiable - rather than excluding legit configurations because they can't render the model.
I don't think it's about the rendering. It's about web designers not knowing the details of the truck. The B&P is not gospel. The order guide is gospel, and dealers don't have that yet.

Chris

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FewRegalJanenschia-max-14mb.gif

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish this was true but the part where you can’t put a roof rack on a wild track or a first edition has me worried.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford does over 156billion in annual revenue...so yes, it would be very realistic that they could
I know some have asked about the 200 accessories, or upset that you can't have roof rails with a 2.7L 4 door, etc. B&P is just to give you an idea what your spending on the main purchase. Yes it has some bugs. But come December you'll sit down at the dealer and they will have their order system. It is then you will basically redo B&P along with all the accessories you can stand. You'll also be able to purchase features a la carte as well.
So, Bronco Build and Price is just to “give you an idea of what your (sic) spending”....but every other B&P in existence from every manufacturer on every vehicle gives you the exact MSRP and option config that you can bank on when you go actually configure...but for Bronco, it’s supposed to buck that standard and be “just an idea”. Hmmm...strange take on the B&P if true.

cdoublev

Black Diamond
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not for nothing but I special ordered my last car (Mini) and everything I could order (packages, accessories, etc...) was available on B&P online before I even went/spoke to the dealer. In fact, their site tells you to print out the B&P info so you can just hand them the page to order exactly what you built without having to haggle/make sacrifices. So the fact that Ford didn't do this and we are finding ways to excuse it like having to render everything (as stated above, make a note that some items won't show in the CGI - lots of car makers do this on their B&P websites)

Now, I am also more than happy with the Bronco B&P because none of the issues have really affected my build and I was able to build it exactly like I want.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What makes you confident that you will be able to add options a la carte?

Do you mean, for example, that we will be able to add the b&o audio at the dealer?

This doesn’t seem right to me, but I’ve never ordered a vehicle.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, Bronco Build and Price is just to “give you an idea of what your (sic) spending”....but every other B&P in existence from every manufacturer on every vehicle gives you the exact MSRP and option config that you can bank on when you go actually configure...but for Bronco, it’s supposed to buck that standard and be “just an idea”. Hmmm...strange take on the B&P if true.
No. Every other B&P links you to a dealer lot with the closest matching vehicles. You'll notice you have a 1 in 100 chance of that dealer having your exact build since they have DIO on every vehicle. But you could sit down with the dealer and order directly from the factory like you'll do with the Bronco.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. Every other B&P links you to a dealer lot with the closest matching vehicles. You'll notice you have a 1 in 100 chance of that dealer having your exact build since they have DIO on every vehicle. But you could sit down with the dealer and order directly from the factory like you'll do with the Bronco.
Dude, it must have been decades since you’ve used one. You can go to any manufacturer and configure a vehicle in exact specs you want with exact msrp pricing. Print it or email it to a dealer and they can put it in just as you configured it to order, exactly.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well said.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

"the amount of complexity" "3d modeling".... you'd think they could at least make the colors look somewhat half accurate. Hell, that's really my only gripe with the B&P.
Sponsored