Sponsored

Will you tune your 2.3?

Will you be tuning your 2.3? (engine software from Ford or aftermarket)

• Total voters

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are plenty of discussion threads on reliability and modifications, not trying to ask a question here or create another thread, just don't see a poll for this.
Sponsored

OJ_Loose

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2.3 works well in my ranger stock but a factory tune would be ideal. Not sure if I would want to push it past that though. Looking for a cool 300hp through a stick 2-door

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Factory tune also. If I can end up in the 315hp and 350tq or anywhere up to that and 25 more of either I will be completely content. I know it is being done on other 2.3's so not asking for the moon.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got a 2.3 in my mustang (2016 ecoboost). I've got the following mods:
Tune from Tune+ (Adam Brunson)
MBRP Race Cat-Back exhaust
I had a full Roush CAI on it, until it was proven that the stock air box with a drop-in K&N filter with Airraid crossover tube provided better dyne results, then I did that.
Levels Race Intercooler
upgraded waste gate actuator

The car is quicker than a stock Mustang GT up until about 75 mph.. it's very drivable. I also have an E30 fuel tune for it, but don't use it because it's just a hassle to mix 91 octane and E85 when 98% of my driving is sitting in commuter traffic... but it adds significant power.

As for my Bronco - I'm going with the 2.7, and will probably not tune it, but will add an MBRP cat back exhaust... it is by far the best exhaust setup (sound, price, ease of installation), just to help with the sound... and maybe an intake/air filter.. I'll probably skip the tune since the Bronco isn't a 'go fast' vehicle.

Sponsored

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I plan on getting the FRPP Ecoboost tune to keep my warranty if Ford offers it for the Bronco. I'm just looking for OEM+ performance. I'm not looking for all out performance but a nice bump in torque would be nice.

However, once the warranty is up, its upgrade time. I have had my past 4 vehicles tuned. The factory tune leaves so much on the table. More power and better driveability is always a good thing (y).

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that even a question?

Aftermarket though, I know the right dealerships and I'd rather have all my parts working together than some excluded from the party cause they weren't on the list

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drop-in filter, oil catch can, better oil drain plug and Amsoil high-zinc oil changes at 7,500 miles (or longer if Blackstone Labs analysis shows there is more life left to the oil), plus regular maintenance. That's it.

Is high zinc still a thing? I always ran zinc additives in my scouts, but was under the impression modern tech with the detergents and what not in oil these days was a different story.

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Might get a CAI and a Stage 1 tune. Hear more of the turbo, etc...

I don't care for the 2.3 exhaust sound; it sounds fine on a compact car but sounds strange on a Mustang/Bronco.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cobb stage 3. Been running Cobb on my Subaru’s for 13 years. 330 whp/380 wtq on 93 with a few bolt ons would be very nice.

Ford Bronco Will you tune your 2.3? 9E4D6FD1-EF68-4508-A4B0-DE24BB32AC08

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whether I get the 2.3 or the 2.7 it will get a Livernois tune. I have it in my Ranger now and it really wakes this motor up. Personally I'm not to worried about the warranty. This 2.3 is capable of so much more and Livernois is a good company who's been tuning for years. There are several on the Ranger 5G forum who are tuned and drag them (or push them very hard) and no one has had any issues or blown them up. With the Ranger you get all 5 of their tunes so when you're off road you can just flash it back to stock (2-3 mins.) so it's not so aggressive.

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cobb stage 3. Been running Cobb on my Subaru’s for 13 years. 330 whp/380 wtq on 93 with a few bolt ons would be very nice.

Ford Bronco Will you tune your 2.3? 9E4D6FD1-EF68-4508-A4B0-DE24BB32AC08
Really wanting some Corn (e85) on the Cobb

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really wanting some Corn (e85) on the Cobb
oh yeah! My current STi is flexfuel. I know that a lot of Mustang Ecoboosts running E30 with great results. For full E85 I think they need a port injection kit and some other mods which would be cool and eliminate the carbon build up concerns everyone is worried about with the Direct injection and probably be close to 400whp.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Preparing my flame suit, but:
I’ve never understood the passion to turn a truck into a muscle car. Need a sports car?....get a sports car.
Ford Bronco Will you tune your 2.3? 6E33721A-7070-421E-BFCB-CF679F773DC6
Sponsored