stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco, 2012 F350, 2019 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have searched and read through several long threads and I have not found a definitI’ve answer to my question. I originally planned on getting a Bandlands with the Sasquatch Package to get the 4.7 gears for 35x11.50R17 tires in the future. On build and price I see I can get the 4.7 gears without the Sasquatch Package. Besides extended fender flares and a 10mm bump stop extension, are there any other differences in the suspensions between a standard Badlands and a Sasquatch Badlands?
Sponsored

Builtwild

Badlands
First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have searched and read through several long threads and I have not found a definitI’ve answer to my question. I originally planned on getting a Bandlands with the Sasquatch Package to get the 4.7 gears 35x11.50R17 tires in the future. On build and price I see I can get the 4.7 gears without the Sasquatch Package. Besides extended fender flares and a 10mm bump stop extension, are there any other differences in the suspensions between a standard Badlands and a Sasquatch Badlands?
Not that I am aware of.

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read somewhere that squatch gets you stiffer springs, and longer shocks. All other components included with the squatch package are standard on Badlands.

The Badlands suspension already gets you lifted more than other trim levels. Because of this I'm at peace not getting the sasquatch package. I'll be a road warrior way more than I'll be out living my dreams. 99.999% the Badlands will cover my needs. Plus I won't have to wait for the end of the production run to get built.

OP
OP
stumpm2

stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco, 2012 F350, 2019 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Plus I won't have to wait for the end of the production run to get built.
Please elaborate? I have not heard of anything being late availability on the Sasquatch Package. Wild track and First Edition come standard with Sasquatch and they only appear delayed if you want to wait for a Black hardtop.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have searched and read through several long threads and I have not found a definitI’ve answer to my question. I originally planned on getting a Bandlands with the Sasquatch Package to get the 4.7 gears for 35x11.50R17 tires in the future. On build and price I see I can get the 4.7 gears without the Sasquatch Package. Besides extended fender flares and a 10mm bump stop extension, are there any other differences in the suspensions between a standard Badlands and a Sasquatch Badlands?
You were unable to find a definitive answer because we don‘t actually know yet. We’ve received contradictory information from Ford reps when asked what differences (if any) exist between Sasquatch and Badlands.

I imagine that once we get a definitive answer on this, you wont be able to escape the news on this forum. We’re anxious to know for certain.

Sponsored

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You were unable to find a definitive answer because we don‘t actually know yet. We’ve received contradictory information from Ford reps when asked what differences (if any) exist between Sasquatch and Badlands.

I imagine that once we get a definitive answer on this, you wont be able to escape the news on this forum. We’re anxious to know for certain.
And I'm sure hoping there isn't much of a difference. I'd prefer KO2's as that's what I have on my current truck and love them. I don't really need 35" (my current are 31.5" and I've never had one of my 14er access roads fail me yet), so I wouldn't mind saving the $2,500.

Chris

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please elaborate? I have not heard of anything being late availability on the Sasquatch Package. Wild track and First Edition come standard with Sasquatch and they only appear delayed if you want to wait for a Black hardtop.

I want the 7 speed MT. They said they'll let us have the MT with the squatch but that it will be available late 2021, vs the initial June delivery time frame.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Big question for me is - if I order a standard badlands, what parts would I need if I wanted to make it into a Sasquatch... minus the wheels and tires part.

G2SKIER

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 17 ZR2 37s. New Silverado LT, RZR Turbo S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a lot of misinformation here. Ford engineers have clearly stated (and there's many threads here covering it) that the ONLY difference in the suspension is 10mm up travel limiters on the Sasquatch package so the 35s don't rub. The BL trim therefore has the most travel by only 10mm and an identical ride height and spring rate. The badlands and first edition are also the only trims with the sway bar disconnect. So to answer you question, no. You've got them all.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is a lot of misinformation here. Ford engineers have clearly stated (and there's many threads here covering it) that the ONLY difference in the suspension is 10mm up travel limiters on the Sasquatch package so the 35s don't rub. The BL trim therefore has the most travel by only 10mm and an identical ride height and spring rate. The badlands and first edition are also the only trims with the sway bar disconnect. So to answer you question, no. You've got them all.
Can you provide evidence that "the ONLY difference in the suspension is 10mm up travel limiters on Sasquatch"? I have been unable to find anything conclusive. I asked Albert at Granger Ford about this, below are my questions and his answer.

1) Big Bend has a $795 Signature headlight option. Does this come with the matching LED tail lights? If not, is there a separate option for the LED tail lights?

2) Does the Sasquatch package include the Dana 210 front axel?

3) Sasquatch comes with 'high clearance suspension'. Badlands comes with 'unique Badlands suspension'. Are there specs on these? How much lift on each? It seems they are different, but there is no detail mentioned anywhere in Ford literature.

4) Badlands suspension travel is listed as 240/261 whereas Base is 200/215. There is no mention of increased travel anywhere for Sasquatch. So, is Sasquatch travel the same as Base? It seems reasonable that it is because the tire is so big.

*Ford notes 4dr Wildtrak height is 75.3 inches and Badlands is 73.9 inches. Difference is 1.4 inches. Tires are 32.7 & 34.7 with 2" difference accounting for 1" of lift. Using this logic, one might assume the Sasquatch lift is .4" more than Badlands, but I need firm knowledge to make my decision, as do most customers.

Answer: " Sorry I cannot answer the questions either I only know the same thing that is posted on the B&P we have no communication from Ford about the Bronco since July 12 "

I don't agree with you for a couple reasons. 1) If 10mm up travel was only difference between Badlands and Squatch, then why is the Badlands Overland concept with 35s so low? Those 35s are much more crammed in the wheel well then all the other Squatch vehicles we've seen, so this leads me to believe Squatch has additional lift over Badlands. 2) Ford describes Badlands suspension as "unique" and it wouldn't be if shared with Squatch. 3) Seems obvious that Badlands designed for 33s would have different suspensions that Squatch designed for 35s. 4) Wildtrak height (4dr) is 75.3", Badlands 73.9". That's a 1.4" difference. Subtract 1" for tire lift and you're left with .4" difference. Based on this, I'd assumed Squatch lift is at least .4" higher than BL. 5) Badlands has about 4cm of additional travel relative to Base (incl other trims). I don't believe Squatch has this additional travel, pretty sure it does not. BL and SAS maybe have different arm geometry? It seems reasonable to believe there may be much difference between BL and Squatch suspensions.

Crazy Ford simply doesn't provide this information!

Sponsored

rdperez9411

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 peronal (me and wife) 1 company
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

i'm really curious about this as well, debating on wildtrack already with 6cyl auto mid package and sasquatch standard, or badlands built up with all that added to it. if the only difference is miniscule and stuff i may be able to do a/m for cheaper then i would forgo the wildtrack for the badlands w/o the squatch and add the lux package. the only hold up i have right now are the seats, we have an 80lbs german shepherd and live in texas where it gets hot and humid and dont know how i feel about mgv. we have always had cloth due to our dog going everywhere with us

tbeadle

Badlands
First Name
Triston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

they (ford) will have to provide clear answers before people begin placing orders right?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's false. One engineer supposedly told one dude on here that, and he repeated it again and again...every other Ford contact has said that Sasquatch is lifted more than a regular Badlands. It is also extremely clear in the pictures of a Badlands with 35s (Overland prototype) v. a Sasquatched vehicle. The specs also indicate a higher vehicle with Sasquatch v. Badlands.

The Sasquatch suspension is lifted more than the stock Badlands...through taller shocks and stiffer springs.
Sponsored