First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could be wrong (correct me) but i didnt see any step accessories on build and price. Which means you will have to rely on the 3rd party aftermarket to get bronco steps. So that will take some time after the car is released for them to develop the product. most likely by fall of 2021 you will be able to buy 3rd party step ups. (maybe sooner i have no idea how fast these companies work)
The wildtrak has it. but BL does not. I assume bc of the bash plates that are a standard on the BL
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
BennyBronco69

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of the option/limits are so weird.

On the BL I cant add the Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner if I go with the 2.7 engine? what does it matter? lol

If the sound deadening worth it? I am sure he does not want a bunch of wind noise but I am getting the hardtop so wondering if it matters.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Outerbanks could be a good choice for you. Does NOT have the marine grade vinyl, but does have the running boards.

And personally I'd opt for the 2.7l Auto + Squatch. Add in your lux package and your pops will have all that he needs. (Obviously check this against the Wildtrak), it may turn out by the time you load up the Outerbanks, you'll be at or above the Wildtrak.

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello everyone,

Just found this site after playing around with the build site. This will be a surprise for my father. While I have been talking to him about the Bronco and know his lifestyle I am hoping you guys can help me make a couple of decisions.

How will dad be using it? He will mostly daily drive it. Here and there he will take my mom to the beach where you can park your car on the actual beach. He will probably take it on some trails but I am guessing maybe 5 times a year if that.

Right now I am looking at badlands and wildtrak. My dad loves gadgets so the lux is a must. I see you cannot get it on all models.

Here are my questions since I am not a truck/SUV guy.

Engine. If I get the badlands version, based on how he will be using it, is there really a big difference between the 2.3 and 2.7?

Transmission. Same as engine, will he not enjoy it if its the 7 speed vs 10?

He likes the idea of waterproof interior. Am I seeing it right the the BL is the only one where there is no carpet and you can drain water and still have lux package?
Are cloth options also waterproof or only if I get the marine grade seats?

Side question.... I see on BL you cannot have the tube step. I assume its bc it comes with the upgraded bashplates... ??? Will I be able to have someone else add them aftermarket or no? He is older and wants the sasquatch package so I'd like for him to have a tube step.

Thanks!!
Black Diamond interior also has washout flooring and Marine grade vinyl. Rock rails should be easily removable for installation of step tubes. 2.3L should be fine for how little he will probably use it off road. The tranny is going to be his personal preference! If you want to find out if he likes the 2.3L engine and/or the automatic. Get a Ranger from your dealership. Pick him up in it and tell him you are thinking of buying it for yourself and let him drive it to get his opinion on it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BennyBronco69

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black Diamond interior also has washout flooring and Marine grade vinyl. Rock rails should be easily removable for installation of step tubes. 2.3L should be fine for how little he will probably use it off road. The tranny is going to be his personal preference! If you want to find out if he likes the 2.3L engine and/or the automatic. Get a Ranger from your dealership. Pick him up in it and tell him you are thinking of buying it for yourself and let him drive it to get his opinion on it.
Problem w/ BD is that I cant get him a lux package :/

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Some of the option/limits are so weird.

On the BL I cant add the Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner if I go with the 2.7 engine? what does it matter? lol

If the sound deadening worth it? I am sure he does not want a bunch of wind noise but I am getting the hardtop so wondering if it matters.
There's a company called "HotHeads" that make aftermarket head liners for Wranglers. I have one in mine, and it's a better quality all around than the oem Jeep headliner. I'm hoping, and betting they will come up with their version for the Bronco. I'm betting to the point that I'm not ordering it on my Bronco. If HotHeads doesn't come through I'll just have my dealer order me the oem stuff. It's an easy install.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing missing - your reservation.... if you are just now reserving your into 2022... may want to hold off to buy the actual 22 model

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing missing - your reservation.... if you are just now reserving your into 2022... may want to hold off to buy the actual 22 model
I would agree with this person OP

if you dont have a reservation the car you will get will basically be a beta test and the 22 version could have improvements after a year of customer feedback

OP
OP
BennyBronco69

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved it a while back. Have been speaking to my salesman, who randomly happens to be my old neighbor. He said I should get my invite somewhat soon to schedule to go in and build. Trying to hash everything out before I go in.