Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Imagine reserving your dream Bronco to find out it’ll come with a soft top that you won’t want or a MIC top that you don’t like.

Heart Crushing.

It seems getting a 2022-2023 model would be the smarter move.
Imagining just became real, Ford screwed us. I wonder who's bright idea it was, and by bright I mean stupid. Let's take the First Edition and Wildtrak buyers that will be spending the most money and down grade their Black Modular top so production is easier for us. And if they want it, kick them back to the end of the 2021 production line. Way to go Ford in the brand loyalty department. You might have me on the bronco purchase because I always wanted one, but highly doubt I'll be purchasing or recommending Ford to family and friends.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagining just became real, Ford screwed us. I wonder who's bright idea it was, and by bright I mean stupid. Let's take the First Edition and Wildtrak buyers that will be spending the most money and down grade their Black Modular top so production is easier for us. And if they want it, kick them back to the end of the 2021 production line. Way to go Ford in the brand loyalty department. You might have me on the bronco purchase because I always wanted one, but highly doubt I'll be purchasing or recommending Ford to family and friends.
Totally messed up man. I agree. I maaaay have got the black modular top due to the fact that the stupid MIC is only available in god damn grey!! But to your point, the black modular hard top is one of the selling features of wildtrack, and First Edition. Just plain doesn’t make sense why you’d stick the grey MIC to your customers. I can’t get my head around this fuck up...

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here’s the full shakedown:

F31D204D-A228-4099-B723-EAAA255D7B51.jpeg

For photos of textures and finishes, the 2-door black badlands from CO has the modular here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rail-rig-accessories-concept.3822/post-126410

BFF6500B-DF79-4D05-98A1-055D160118A2.jpeg

And the A51 Overland concept has the MIC here (albeit with the rear window delete): https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-video-pics-from-super-celebration-east.6326/
AC919789-5F2E-4835-B8D4-C21BA25736A2.jpeg
Thank you for the explanation. This is the best and most concise answer I have read.

One question. Why would someone remove the rear windows? I would just take the entire rear clam shell off including the windows. Not tracking why someone would remove the rear windows and leave the rear clamshell on. Is it because you can store the first two rows and still want some additional open air feeling?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

10 to 1 it was them 2 gals in the video :)
If you noticed they didn't even mention the FE interior. I think they know they stepped in crap with that design decision. ?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the explanation. This is the best and most concise answer I have read.

One question. Why would someone remove the rear windows? I would just take the entire rear clam shell off including the windows. Not tracking why someone would remove the rear windows and leave the rear clamshell on. Is it because you can store the first two rows and still want some additional open air feeling?
Because you can?

I can imagine a scenario in which you don't want to remove the whole rear clamshell (Maybe you have the roof rack installed, maybe you are out of town and don't have a place to put it, maybe you are trying to thread the needle between weather) but you do want more of an "open air" experience.

Removing the rear windows will encourage air to flow through the vehicle with the front panels off.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I am a 2 door modular top Bronco buyer. Having the ability to remove the rear side windows on the Mod Top is a big deal to increase airflow for my daughter and pets.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

who cares? Just make the MIC top black. I don’t care the reasons why they have one top...at least make that one MIC top something people want.

I’m literally selling my car now because I want a Bronco. However, with this MIC news, and the chance of having more interior choices for my22. I may cancel my reservation and wait. And I never thought I’d be saying that...I’ve been ready to buy from the start.
Just a little more dye in the mixier and we get a nice black colored top! ... cmon FORD donrt make us drive up to a Jeep only to be laughed at with a faded top on a new truck. Im in Florida sunfaded jeep tops are everywhere ... not interested

Bronco Billy Boy

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why can’t the color they mold in be black instead of gray? Oh, because then you wouldn’t pay $1800 to get a shinier top that was also black. Got it.

rpl

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got this email too!! So if we want the hardtop with removeable panels will we have to wait on our Bronco or just get an additional hard top late 2021?
Seems like a "bait and switch" after all the ads featuring body color tops (same goes for interior choices). Ford should extend deadlines for those reservation holders who, based on all the ads, expected the body color top to be an option when placing our orders. This effectively requires us to purchase 2 tops (one we don't even want). How about letting us switch out MIC top for the body color top at no extra cost when they become available? MIC top is a deal breaker for me. Also, isn't this something they could have foreseen and planned for? Not the best roll out.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

unless Ford let's me order the painted black hard top when I go to place my order (even if I have to wait for a late delivery) I'll be passing on the Bronco until the 2022 or what ever model year the figure it out.

It makes absolutely no sense for the Wild Track to have a jet black grill and a faded grey/black hard top. If Ford insists on going this route with the grey MIC hardtop for the wild track then the should at least offer the wild track with an option of the grey grill that comes with the BL.

I'm just not going to spend $60K+ on a new Bronco with 50 shades grey and black. The design team at ford responsible for colors really screwed this up and Fords excuse about the complexity of a painted is ridiculous, since a black paint top was supposed to be stander equipment for the wild track according to literature they put out back in July at the launch.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To be fair, yes I am. When I first posted that I had you quoted thinking you 2 were one in the same. But they are both generic Bronco forum names so please forgive me.

I did remove your quote thinking it was clear that I was talking to BroncoGuy. But upon re-reading I can see that's it's not super clear.

I'll take the word of a Webasto employee over Ford's press release any day.

I'm not stressed about it. My MIC top will be a doghouse day 1 if I don't like it. But there ARE production issues right now.
Ok. Ford finally spelled it out for you. You don’t have to guess between the lines anymore. ? j/k

Spoiler, they chose to make it late to speed up production.....

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability 78B8906D-104D-4DE8-9A20-52A10F7D5C30

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Removing the windows would create good ventilation and they can be removed and reinstalled in a minute. If you have the entire top removed and it decides to rain, you're stuck with the top at home.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok. Ford finally spelled it out for you today. You don’t have to guess between the lines anymore. ? j/k

Spoiler, they chose to make it late to speed up production.....

Ford Bronco Announcement: MIC Hardtop Option Only Initially. Black Painted Modular Hardtop Will Be Late Availability 78B8906D-104D-4DE8-9A20-52A10F7D5C30
Nothing new here. I've been seeing this since last week.