Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I blame the new CEO for the recent changes. He's trying to satisfy his dealerships over the Enthusiast. This and the Mach-E are coming, as well as the F150 and he wants to make an impact in the biz. Give it 6-8 months and I would imagine every dealership will have them for sale. Reservations will still be waiting, unfortunately and this change in wording is pointing towards that to be true.
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If this doesnt work out I'll settle for a nice poster size picture of a Bronco hanging over my jeep in the garage.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Both those FAQs say the same thing. The new one is just more clear.
They absolutely do not say the same thing.

Ford is now allocating Broncos in 2021 to dealers based 50% on reservations before Sept 18, 25% to competitive market share in the dealer area and 25% to dealers previous sales of other Ford product.

This allocation formula is new. It did not exist when the original Q&A was written. It means they are no longer fulfilling on rough reservation order.

Edit - I summarized that incorrectly from memory. The last two categories are a combined 50% they don’t actually say the are equal (25%) weight. See the dealer communication now attached to the first post.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Both those FAQs say the same thing. The new one is just more clear.

Of course they aren't going to build and deliver in exact order of reservation.

Of course there will be some batching in plant. Of course there will be some batching in geographical delivery.

It's been clear since day one of reservations that they won't be delivered exactly to reservation schedule.

Nothing here specifically mentions anything about allocation.
Ford Bronco Ford Changes How Broncos are Allocated - But Doesn’t Want You to Know 1603751714245

Residency is just a fancy way of saying where you reside.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They absolutely do not say the same thing.

Ford is now allocating Broncos in 2021 to dealers based 50% on reservations before Sept 18, 25% to competitive market share in the dealer area and 25% to dealers previous sales of other Ford product.

This allocation formula is new. It did not exist when the original Q&A was written. It means they are no longer fulfilling on rough reservation order.
I don't know, man. I don't see any mention of that.

I know what you're getting at but I'm not reading it the same as you.

I live in the middle of nowhere. My dealer has two reservations. I don't expect Ford to send those two Broncos in order. They'll have to fill trains and trucks with other vehicles being delivered to my region.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Residency in what context? Hope that isn't intended to slow down the out of state groups.

or they will deliver large batches to certain regions at once?
That's a good question on what is Ford referring to about residency.

It would be stupid of Ford to penalize dealers with out of state customers. It's also easier for them to put together full shipment loads at dealers with a large number of orders. But Ford has done some dumb things lately.

The next part for delivery makes me think dealers with large numbers of relatively early orders will be collated together to ease shipping logistics. So places like Grangers and Stevens, that have captured a significant clientele of out of state customers should be ok in that aspect, pending parts availability of course.

But who knows for sure lately

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m confused about this thread...

...Did the OP just take all the discussions and threads we’ve been having and then make a new thread with an alarmist spin?
That is pretty much the way this forum is now. Any time anything happens, people rush in and complain about some aspect of it.

B&P is a perfect example. People complained it took so long, and now, people are complaining they rushed it. Some folks will never be happy.

Sponsored

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah but, watcha gonna do? ?‍♂
Tell you what i will do.

Go buy another Toyota,get the color i want with the interior i want with no waiting

I want a Bronco but i am not going to be bent over to get one with all this BS going on.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People need to chill out...if the person reserved before you, can’t decide what options to get and submits after you, should they still get their order before you? Double sided sword however you look at it...only thing you need to know is that you’re getting yours before someone else, so who cares..??? ?‍♂

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Residency is just a fancy way of saying where you reside.
It’s actually a way of saying (very unclearly) delivery of your Bronco is impacted by where your dealer is located and how his allocation works.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know, man. I don't see any mention of that.

I know what you're getting at but I'm not reading it the same as you.
He's correct. That was detailed in a memo that went to dealers and has been posted on this board. Initially Ford was going to build roughly in reservation order; they now will allocate to dealers according to the formula, which favors big dealers in big markets. Dealers can only use the allocations to fill reservations, but the formula dictates how many they get to fill.
Sponsored