First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
honestly everyone is over thinking this. While I agree reservations should be honored before dealer allocation everyone has to understand them building similar models together
in addition building the rigs that are in a similar geography for logistics reasons.
Will be interesting to see if they build the higher trims first as rolling bill boards......
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The change wasn't about production, it was about allocation to dealers to reward larger dealers. This has been discussed in many

He's correct. That was detailed in a memo that went to dealers and has been posted on this board. Initially Ford was going to build roughly in reservation order; they now will allocate to dealers according to the formula, which favors big dealers in big markets. Dealers can only use the allocations to fill reservations, but the formula dictates how many they get to fill.
I'm not disagreeing that allocation may have changed but that FAQ doesn't mention this at all.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not disagreeing that allocation may have changed but that FAQ doesn't mention this at all.
That's part of the reason people were all up in arms. Ford told the dealers about the change, but didn't tell reservation holders that they may be getting bent over based on their dealer and how they come out in the formula....and they still haven't.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
honestly everyone is over thinking this. While I agree reservations should be honored before dealer allocation everyone has to understand them building similar models together
in addition building the rigs that are in a similar geography for logistics reasons.
Will be interesting to see if they build the higher trims first as rolling bill boards......
So do we think dealers will get allocation before 2022 orders are filled? If so, that is just wrong because it was Ford that arbitrarily picked that date.

Sponsored

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To be honest, they can keep the tan dashed, blue trimmed, red door paneled, camo seat, grey top, gloss back mirrors, grey mirror holder not able to carry a roof rack vehicle.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah but, watcha gonna do? ?‍♂
Seriously, I've been looking at 4Runners and Tacomas lately.... I know others have also.
Most likely won't jump ship on my hour 2 reservation, but may dump the Mansquatch option to see the Bronco sooner.
Might even jump on the tail end of the Granger October Special and use that to order the Mansquatch....and still have a Bronco to drive in the mean time.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is the new Ford allocation formula. This is what (should be) covered by the new Q&A. If you don’t understand this is different, Ford has been successful in their mission to obfuscate their change.

Ford Bronco Ford Changes How Broncos are Allocated - But Doesn’t Want You to Know 1603752259854

Last edited:

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Might even jump on the tail end of the Granger October Special and use that to order the Mansquatch....and still have a Bronco to drive in the mean time.
That is actually a pretty good idea. You'll get the better price and a Mansquatch....

would be my guess - yes
and that will piss off even more people.......
You bet it will. But I can see this happening since once they are on the lots it will be msrp and adm for those impulse buying.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reservations and allocations have nothing to do with each other. Don’t conflate the two.
They have everything to do with each other. Dealers are being givien allocations to fill their reservations. It's based on a formula referred to in the memo. That's why the memo refers to the "MY2021 Allocation Formula"...there are no other allocations for MY2021 for dealer stock, it is only for reservations.

Sponsored
OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's part of the reason people were all up in arms. Ford told the dealers about the change, but didn't tell reservation holders that they may be getting bent over based on their dealer and how they come out in the formula....and they still haven't.
And they have now told us by a revision to the FAQ which is completely indecipherable if you don’t already know about dealer allocation change. That is the whole point of the original post.

They will point to ”residency“ when you get shafted by your dealer not getting allocation.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the new Ford allocation formula. This is what is covered by the new Q&A. If you don’t understand this is different, Ford has been successful in their mission to obfuscate their change.

1603752259854.jpeg
Yeah... but why did you start this thread instead of commenting in the thread you pulled that image from... or in the very least, just link to that thread?

What am I missing here?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah... but why did you start this thread instead of commenting in the thread you pulled that image from... or in the very least, just link to that thread?

View attachment 55729
Well, obviously a lot of people missed it, or didn't understand what was happening.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So it looks like dealers will get allocations that are not from reservations. That to me means not all reservations prior to September 18 will get filled. Guess Ford is trying to balance customer and dealer. This defeats the reservation proves for lots of customers. Ford should have had their plan out and clear prior to first reservation.
Sponsored