Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing like being within the timeline for receiving a '21 Model year....Only to find out you'll actually be receiving it in '22 simply because your chosen dealership and Ford's allocation bullshit. :rolleyes:
Sponsored

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve never been under the illusion that Granger was going to get truckload after truckload of Broncos until they fulfilled all of their reservations.
Its exactly what was going to happen under Ford’s original rules.

Big dealers didn’t like it. So Ford changed the rules.

You may have expected that - kudos to you for knowing in advance that Ford doesn’t keep their word.

But Ford told all end consumers how production woud be allocated. Then they significantly changed it and have still not told the consumer about their change.

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This should have been obvious from the start your reservation time was just one part of the formula. It never made sense that they were going to just run down the list thats not even close to cost effective for manufacturing.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This should have been obvious from the start your reservation time was just one part of the formula. It never made sense that they were going to just run down the list thats not even close to cost effective for manufacturing.
This has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. What you say was true under the original allocation methodology and remains true under the new.

@ZackDanger interesting that you think this posts adds to the discussion (with your like), when it’s clear from your later contributions to this thread that you at least understand production optimization is not the issue being debated.

Last edited:

Bronco216g

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 & 2013 C63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I love the Bronco and am willing to overlook some of the bait and switch, terrible interior choices, etc. but their incompetence and shady business practices have me thinking of going with a competition or a different type of vehicle altogether. I've never owned a Ford before and was excited to jump on the Made in USA train but they are really making it hard to switch over.
Agreed, its been really hard especially since I have the dealer reaching out to me. Between delays, options not being available, and other tactics. I was going to jump from Jeep to Ford to as it had features id never see in a wrangler but honestly I dont think that will make fully switch if all this extra stuff is going to happen, I might just keep what I have and go from there.

Sponsored
OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t know the Danerow deal but that (dealers taking outsize share through aggressive pricing) is exactly why the new method was put in place. Those dealers will not get enough product.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dude relax. You'll get your car.

You‘re right! I have a day one reservation, I can get my Bronco from any dealer I choose and not be impacted by their changes. Given Ford’s terrible ethics, I may elect to not do that. Ford will sell all they make so they will be just fine also!

But I thank you for your concern!

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They absolutely do not say the same thing.

Ford is now allocating Broncos in 2021 to dealers based 50% on reservations before Sept 18, 25% to competitive market share in the dealer area and 25% to dealers previous sales of other Ford product.

This allocation formula is new. It did not exist when the original Q&A was written. It means they are no longer fulfilling on rough reservation order.

Edit - I summarized that incorrectly from memory. The last two categories are a combined 50% they don’t actually say the are equal (25%) weight. See the dealer communication now attached to the first post.
Ok, are you ready for the new math?...
Here goes.
FORD has the basic idea ? of a formula used in the past to try to only guess what an out come would be for this overwhelming magnitude of Reservation.
The letter was clearly written by Ford to dealers for some insite to the future of allocations in date, time, and %. It is only a formula or guideline to follow. What they know is they can roughly produce 100k Broncos at full steam!! Regardless of who or where these cars go.
So What nobody knows. There are approximately 230k Reservation of which 50% will be converted and filled if they are lucky!
I, my self have 3 Reservation in, I will satisfy 2 only, I hope. So now we are down to 50% = 115,000 lucky converts.
Ford has to have a timeline /guideline to follow, its not concrete.
Keep in mind some dealers can pick up some of the drop offs as well.
Ford has to keep the machines running under the production program meanwhile, pushing off Broncos to showrooms at dealerships near the mid to tailend of the existing reservation, in addition taking new orders and dealer requests at the same time. These will be distributed in a formulated fashion per each dealership previous volume and sales activity. The new fulfillment will move forward through 2021 rounding into 2022.
How does that sound?

I hope I can have my first Bronco ordered and picked up by late 2021. And my last kicked down the road into 2022 Late for additional accessories features, options etc.. ba ba ba..
Ok enough... hang in there!!

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Both those FAQs say the same thing. The new one is just more clear.

Of course they aren't going to build and deliver in exact order of reservation.

Of course there will be some batching in plant. Of course there will be some batching in geographical delivery.

It's been clear since day one of reservations that they won't be delivered exactly to reservation schedule.

Nothing here specifically mentions anything about allocation.
Correct ? its all estimated # they have know idea of the actual converts. If they are lucky 50%

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has made it clear that certain components will either be in limited supply or late availability. This pandemic certainly makes predictions difficult to forecast. It also makes sense if they have a delivery at a dealer across the country that they want a full truck and may manufacture vehicles out of strict reservation order to accomplish that. Settle down and be patient, you will eventually get your Bronco.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nothing like being within the timeline for receiving a '21 Model year....Only to find out you'll actually be receiving it in '22 simply because your chosen dealership and Ford's allocation bullshit. :rolleyes:
Some people tried to warn them, but many felt the bottom line is the most important thing. Now, they are behind hundreds of others and could be waiting a long time.

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, I think the reason for the current omission of all reservations before any dealer stock is due to the FE's. They should be slated to be the first one's built. Why, because their "First Editions". If they are only going to build seven thousand units, 3500 for res holders and the other for dealer stock they are not going to bother building them in two separate lots, they are going to crank out all 7000 and be done. But if they do that then some people will complain that they didn't keep their word about reservations first. After the FE's are done they will move on to either the next most popular model or just go to Badlands since the FE is a loaded Badlands and the line is already set up for this. But of course this also depends on what parts are available at the time. I am interested to know about the whole residency thing.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford has made it clear that certain components will either be in limited supply or late availability. This pandemic certainly makes predictions difficult to forecast. It also makes sense if they have a delivery at a dealer across the country that they want a full truck and may manufacture vehicles out of strict reservation order to accomplish that. Settle down and be patient, you will eventually get your Bronco.
All interesting observations that have absolutely zero to do with the point of this thread and original post. I’ve added some bullet points at the top of the original post, it may be helpful for you to review those.

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Early reservation + residency in a large metro area with high volume Ford dealership = early order fulfillment. First-year orders were never going to be filled any other way. It would be a logistical impossibility to honor reservations in temporal order for a vehicle in its first year....on an assembly line that's not expected to produce test vehicles until November....during a pandemic.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
None of that has anything to do with the way Ford is allocating Broncos to dealers to fill reservations.
Sponsored