Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, to start a new topic.

We can see from two no longer present pictures that there are attached plastic fenders. In one picture of an undetermined trim level the fenders were painted. Does this mean that they are plastic? not for sure, but likely.

One question is how remove-able are they? Can I take them off before I hit the trails? or swap out the painted ones for some cheapo ones when playing in the mud?

The body flare itself is not very significant, about the same as you'd see on an F-150, but the flares, wow. they stuck out. Of course we don't know if those are actual production or some test setups or such....
Sponsored

OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those plastic ones sticking out will look roughly 822 times better with a bigger tire and better offset wheel.
agreed. I refuse to say that I owe and apology to JMTtulte or whatever his name is/was, but this thing looks designed to take 37s. (he just came in speaking without evidence/confidence in anyone, so while proven a few days afterwards that he was the real deal, I hold to what I said)

This thing will look BEASTLY with an SFA swap and 37s.

Also, those rims looked like 15s or 16s, which is great! I don't want to have to run a massively tall rim, I like a small rim and tall tires. lots of sidewall.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nah, that's at least a 17. The tire is wimpy, and the gap above it is big, but the gaps in front of and behind it aren't. That's going to be a bigger deal on the front than the rear.

Sponsored

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Too me it looks like they are removable but my question is how narrow does that make the inside, as it looks even wider than jeeps rear fenders

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
agreed. I refuse to say that I owe and apology to JMTtulte or whatever his name is/was, but this thing looks designed to take 37s. (he just came in speaking without evidence/confidence in anyone, so while proven a few days afterwards that he was the real deal, I hold to what I said)

This thing will look BEASTLY with an SFA swap and 37s.

Also, those rims looked like 15s or 16s, which is great! I don't want to have to run a massively tall rim, I like a small rim and tall tires. lots of sidewall.
Still a very healthy amount of sidewall on 17's. I wouldn't want any bigger though I agree.
I suspect any "duner" edition is going to have big brakes for 100 MPH desert running, which
will jack up min rim sizes.

0fbf4c861_3d4cdce70524b39a3ed8778882572389b71648ce.jpg

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Still a very healthy amount of sidewall on 17's. I wouldn't want any bigger though I agree.
I suspect any "duner" edition is going to have big brakes for 100 MPH desert running, which
will jack up min rim sizes.
I can't see even a Baja version needing to run rims bigger than 17" to clear the brakes, but you're probably right that going down from that won't be easy. The Raptor runs 17 that clear its brakes, and it's muuuuch heavier than the Bronco will be.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've heard the new defender has a minimum of 18 inch wheels because of the large brakes... And that they did it for it's big towing numbers. A decent trade off in my opinion.
I personally want all the sidewall, my truck is for towing.

Sponsored

ccsami4x4

Black Diamond
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470, Evoque
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While you might be able to remove the flares, I wouldn't count on it being easy (or even possible without breaking a clip or two). In other manufacturer designs, while removable, flares are rarely a simple unclip and go wheeling type of thing. If they were, the flares wouldn't offer the rigidity you want when street driving.

304Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Fastback Mustang
Am I the only one that wasn't impressed with the look of the flares? I''ll have to wait and see a better pic at release, but they didn't look as finished as I expected and a little too tacked on. Hopefully better pics and larger wheels help.

OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I the only one that wasn't impressed with the look of the flares? I''ll have to wait and see a better pic at release, but they didn't look as finished as I expected and a little too tacked on. Hopefully better pics and larger wheels help.
the 4 door painted ones looked ready for show. the ones on the two door did not, like they were temp things there just to protect the body or something.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the 4 door painted ones looked ready for show. the ones on the two door did not, like they were temp things there just to protect the body or something.
Look just like the base plain black abs plastic flares on a Wrangler, but round.

Ford Bronco Painted separate fender flares shrunkd

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Look just like the base plain black abs plastic flares on a Wrangler, but round.

Ford Bronco Painted separate fender flares shrunkd

The Wrangler ones at least have some contour and design to them. The ones on that 2 door looked a bit too much like the lawn edging mod for my tastes:
Ford Bronco Painted separate fender flares 1583511630665
Sponsored