Mjr0522

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar I Pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve got a question and wondering if anyone has some guidance. I like the look better on Sas package, but not thrilled about MT tires. It’s been my experience that they are loud and I typically make a lot of work calls from my car. I can always swap them out for all terrain tires that are the same size, but I hate to go spend a grand to get rid of brand new tires. Is there a way to trade tires at tire places? Would my dealership swap out tires? Any guidance is appreciated.
Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These Goodyear tires are not typical Mud Terrain tires... little is known about these, but Goodyear calls them Maximum Traction. Looking at the tread pattern, they look more like an All Terrain, and would not be very loud.
Places like Belle Tire I think will take trades on brand new tires, or you can swap out at the dealership before you leave, both good options depending on what you get back for your take-off tires.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve got a question and wondering if anyone has some guidance. I like the look better on Sas package, but not thrilled about MT tires. It’s been my experience that they are loud and I typically make a lot of work calls from my car. I can always swap them out for all terrain tires that are the same size, but I hate to go spend a grand to get rid of brand new tires. Is there a way to trade tires at tire places? Would my dealership swap out tires? Any guidance is appreciated.
It's possible IF they have another vehicle on the lot with the tires you want. And that's going to be an issue having a reservation when there may not be any dealer stock. I've had a dealer swap rims and tires on a Mustang before but they had probably 50 more on the lot to choose from.

And I agree with @McCracken the info seems to indicate these are not your typical super deep tread M/T and may not be as loud.

OP
OP

Mjr0522

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar I Pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's possible IF they have another vehicle on the lot with the tires you want. And that's going to be an issue having a reservation when there may not be any dealer stock. I've had a dealer swap rims and tires on a Mustang before but they had probably 50 more on the lot to choose from.

And I agree with @McCracken the info seems to indicate these are not your typical super deep tread M/T and may not be as loud.
I might see if they have any other tricks with these tires that I could test drive and see how the sound. Thanks for the info.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same concern. Love the look, but I plan on doing some cross country traveling. The roar of MT tires at 70 mph for hours on end kinda concerns me. I believe I read somewhere the Wildtrak has additional sound insulation...Maybe that will help... maybe I mistook what i read....

The only anecdotal example I can think of is to query an F150 owner that has these 35's and see if they have experienced too much noise... BTW, i see Tirerack has the Bronco on its sight. These tires, or similar, are pushing $1,500 a set plus install... Guess I don't want to get this wrong...

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would the dealership steal tires from a car on the lot, when they should have tires on a rack that they can mount on your rims? Depending on the tire you want to go with, and the value of they tire you are trading it, it could be a fair trade?
The up-charge in B&P to go to the 33" Goodyear tire option on the Badlands is $700+ (from the BFGoodrich), so the Goodyear sounds like an expensive tire and might have a good trade-in value.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When I purchased my 18 F150 FX4 I immediately replaced the tires. I found a needy military family that needed tires and gave them to them free of charge.

Last edited:

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why would the dealership steal tires from a car on the lot, when they should have tires on a rack that they can mount on your rims? Depending on the tire you want to go with, and the value of they tire you are trading it, it could be a fair trade?
The up-charge in B&P to go to the 33" Goodyear tire option on the Badlands is $700+ (from the BFGoodrich), so the Goodyear sounds like an expensive tire and might have a good trade-in value.
In my case it was a rim and tire trade, and I actually traded down. The car I bought had chrome rims and I wanted the 5 spoke anthracite rims. So they yanked 'em off another car and swapped them out and gave me a discount on the car I bought. Might have been that they had just gotten those cars in and didn't have any on the rack??? Just my experience.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my case it was a rim and tire trade, and I actually traded down. The car I bought had chrome rims and I wanted the 5 spoke anthracite rims. So they yanked 'em off another car and swapped them out and gave me a discount on the car I bought. Might have been that they had just gotten those cars in and didn't have any on the rack??? Just my experience.
That is cool, and even gave you a discount! I would trade away chrome rims as well...

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is cool, and even gave you a discount! I would trade away chrome rims as well...
Yeah it wasn't much of a discount a few hundred bucks but I couldn't argue, got the Bullitt style rims I wanted and saved a little.

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is it the tire size or wheel size (or flare size) that makes the BL Sas look like a bloated cow?
Anyone know of 35 inch pizza cutter that would work to skinny up the stance some?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
LOL! NO. The bloat you are referring to is actually good when off-roading.

Is it the tire size or wheel size (or flare size) that makes the BL Sas look like a bloated cow?
Anyone know of 35 inch pizza cutter that would work to skinny up the stance some?