John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just to continue the tire discussion. Coincidentally I saw this Land Rover in a parking lot yesterday and asked the guy his tire size (We ended up chatting for an hour about overlanding but that’s another conversation). His Land Rover tires looked huge in person and they were 265/70/16 which is almost exactly the BD tire size of 265/75/17. The other thing I realized was that in the picture I took of his Land Rover, the tires don’t look as impressive as they did in person. Our phone pictures are a fairly wide lens and we take the picture from a standing position which might be the reason. Anyways, I am now on board with this tire. His advice was don’t get so hung up on tire size or features. Start with a shovel, air compressor and good recovery points on your vehicle and add the rest later when you need it or when something breaks.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 5084407D-D8A4-467D-A1E9-1B9BA3EDFC7A
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread DF68B93A-0744-4232-B2EF-737FF236D5FE
Sponsored

BuckyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My biggest dilemma is that I want all of what the Sasquatch package offers...aside from the 35" tires. Figure it's easy enough to go down in size a bit after wearing through the 35s? (And additionally, assume it's easy enough to throw smaller 33" snows on it right away for winter?) I guess one question is how difficult is it to update the speedometer?

Internally_Combusted

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy C10
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My biggest dilemma is that I want all of what the Sasquatch package offers...aside from the 35" tires. Figure it's easy enough to go down in size a bit after wearing through the 35s? (And additionally, assume it's easy enough to throw smaller 33" snows on it right away for winter?) I guess one question is how difficult is it to update the speedometer?
Doesn't the BL make more sense in this scenario? It has everything from the sasquatch as well as the front sway bar disconnect and you'll be able to get the high or lux packages if any of that is desirable to you.

TheGeb

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am confused about the upper dash color on the BD. The video states it is Dark Space Gray however pictures look more like the cactus gray which is on the Bandlands. Any additional information on this?

BuckyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesn't the BL make more sense in this scenario? It has everything from the sasquatch as well as the front sway bar disconnect and you'll be able to get the high or lux packages if any of that is desirable to you.
In a sense, yes. However, I have no interest in high or lux packages, and the there's no way I'm paying $50k+ for a vehicle with all black interior and bright orange accents. :LOL:

Sponsored

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am confused about the upper dash color on the BD. The video states it is Dark Space Gray however pictures look more like the cactus gray which is on the Bandlands. Any additional information on this?
I believe it is the same upper dash as Badlands. You can see in these screen captures from the materials video that it is a shade of lighter gray. Note in one of the pictures it looks extremely light because it is in direct sunlight.

EF45A7F9-6B4A-4FAE-95F4-2B4FE81EAEC4.jpeg

8FFC3EC4-DA51-4E86-8316-166FD6BE4AB5.jpeg

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Little better image of a stock BD tire

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 8FFC3EC4-DA51-4E86-8316-166FD6BE4AB5
The more I read about this tire, the more stoked I am. What a tire. But when I switch to the aluminum, nice-looking rims, which are the SAME SIZE, it switches to a M/T tire? Any idea why or what tire that is? I don't want to pick between the great tire and the crappy rims.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The more I read about this tire, the more stoked I am. What a tire. But when I switch to the aluminum, nice-looking rims, which are the SAME SIZE, it switches to a M/T tire? Any idea why or what tire that is? I don't want to pick between the great tire and the crappy rims.
Yeah, let's hope they don't switch out the tire supplier between now and then.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, let's hope they don't switch out the tire supplier between now and then.
Which is very common...tires are always the first to change.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Which is very common...tires are always the first to change.
Exactly, so I'm not going to get super excited unfortunately.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang I guess I didn’t notice it switched the tire

Ya that makes no sense

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think B&P thinks by going to that particular rim you want Sasquatch.

Grizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 841A11D4-99CA-4F1F-B663-21209DC066F3

This photo seems to do the stock 265 tires more justice than the standard B&P CGI. I’ll be rolling aluminums right now but as mine is priced right now, it’s about 3500 for Sasquatch...... worth? This will be my first real DD + off-roader

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 841A11D4-99CA-4F1F-B663-21209DC066F3

This photo seems to do the stock 265 tires more justice than the standard B&P CGI. I’ll be rolling aluminums right now but as mine is priced right now, it’s about 3500 for Sasquatch...... worth? This will be my first real DD + off-roader
You know, I guess I just jumped at the chance to dump those ugly stock rims....is there some reason I'd prefer them?
Sponsored