Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We won't know for certain until we actually try these things out, but I wouldn't be worried about it.

I wouldn't exactly leave it outdoors in the winter with no doors and top and let frost form on the seats (and everything else), but otherwise I would expect them to hold up fine.
Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love how everyone thinks these are going to be the same as boat seats? it will probably be closer to what is on the TRD Off Road 4Runner than it is a boat seat. Either way I like the idea as someone stated in another threat about just buying custom seat covers and that way best of both worlds... won’t get hot or cold and when you need to hose down the bronco just take cover off.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We won't know for certain until we actually try these things out, but I wouldn't be worried about it.

I wouldn't exactly leave it outdoors in the winter with no doors and top and let frost form on the seats (and everything else), but otherwise I would expect them to hold up fine.
If its 40 below you don't need to be topless to get frosty.

I'd be more concerned about frying like the egg in a "your brain on drugs" commercial in the summer. It's one of the things that I hate about the black leather in my car.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Vinyl is cold in winter. At least on the 1988 Bronco. Got sheepskin seat cover, much better.

Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A couple of questions...

1) How will the marine-grade vinyl seats hold up in the cold temps? (Vinyl is not as flexible in the cold as it is in hot weather, so they tell boat owners to be careful stepping on cold vinyl – it will rip easily)
2) It doesn't look like the "heated seats" option is available with the marine-grade vinyl seats. True?

I ask these questions because I'm in Colorado and temps get pretty cold in the winter.
heated seats is available on the mid package, so you can get that on both the bd and bl

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A couple of questions...

1) How will the marine-grade vinyl seats hold up in the cold temps? (Vinyl is not as flexible in the cold as it is in hot weather, so they tell boat owners to be careful stepping on cold vinyl – it will rip easily)
2) It doesn't look like the "heated seats" option is available with the marine-grade vinyl seats. True?

I ask these questions because I'm in Colorado and temps get pretty cold in the winter.
I'll be adding heat to my seats. For me that is a must have.

ByeByeJeep

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Want proof that you can get heated seats with your vinyl seats? There ya go! Took this photo myself and the answer is hidden within...

56A83194-3378-4DCA-94A2-C203F29C5F19.png

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Boats, Snowmobiles, JetSkis, SXSs, etc. etc. etc have been perfecting vinyl seats in extreme conditions for decades. The ONE thing I have noticed is resistance to accidental cutting/perforation. Like, oops, I didn't close the razor-knife and now I accidentally grazed it across my new seat. Vinyl=Clean Cut, Leather=Noticable scratch that cannot be worked out.

Personally, as I'm messy, and plan to ride a lot with the top/doors off, I will go with vinyl, rubber floor, and lots of garden hose.....

Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Want proof that you can get heated seats with your vinyl seats? There ya go! Took this photo myself and the answer is hidden within...

Ford Bronco Marine-Grade Vinyl Seats...In The Cold 56A83194-3378-4DCA-94A2-C203F29C5F19
Nice reassurance....but all these builds aren't exactly production models either. Don't they just throw whatever they have on hand in them sometimes?

Nova

Wildtrak
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
velar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am sure its not that 1970's vinyl, Fords not going to put something in its interior without years of testing!