Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
My hero on this forum is @LandCruiser. His build is a base 2dr with no options. There’s a 50% chance I will have the same build by the time I place my order.
@LandCruiser is definitely more hard core than me.

I always start with the Roof Rack and AUX switches.

Can't go any lower than that.
Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The auxiliary switches will absolutely be in my build.
I’m holding off on the roof rack. All I really need are kayak carriers and I’m hoping the aftermarket devises a way to carry them topless.

t020673

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Newbie, with newbie questions...

I'm looking at the Base Model 4-door with the 2.7 liter V-6 A/T w/o Sasquatch package. Adding factory hard top and the auxiliary switches. I thought about the Sasquatch package originally, but I couldn't stomach the almost $6000 price tag.

I don't like the standard wheels and tires so I may go with some aftermarket 17" wheels with 33" tires. Will this be an issue with the 3.73 open style rear axle? What is an open style rear axle? Am I correct in understanding that the higher final drive ratio means more torque/power to the wheels at lower speeds? I won't be doing a lot of off-roading, probably the roughest I will see is an unmaintained Forest Service road. I am a little disappointed it doesn't come with a tow hitch, but I think can easily add a third party one for less than $600. I need to be able tow a 6'x10' utility trailer.

I would appreciate any thoughts/opinions. Is there anything I'm missing?

Thank you.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm looking at the Base Model 4-door with the 2.7 liter V-6 A/T w/o Sasquatch package. Adding factory hard top and the auxiliary switches. I thought about the Sasquatch package originally, but I couldn't stomach the almost $6000 price tag.

I don't like the standard wheels and tires so I may go with some aftermarket 17" wheels with 33" tires. Will this be an issue with the 3.73 open style rear axle? What is an open style rear axle? Am I correct in understanding that the higher final drive ratio means more torque/power to the wheels at lower speeds? I won't be doing a lot of off-roading, probably the roughest I will see is an unmaintained Forest Service road. I am a little disappointed it doesn't come with a tow hitch, but I think can easily add a third party one for less than $600. I need to be able tow a 6'x10' utility trailer.

Thank you.
A base model will be more than enough for service roads. ?

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base

.... I need to be able tow a 6'x10' utility trailer.

Thank you.
The 2.7L has classic Big Block power.

3.73 rear gears and the 2.73 low range Transfer Case have also been the standard for decades.

Think of it this way:
If someone offered you a mint condition 1980 F150 with a 460ci big block, standard 2.73TC, 3.73 rear, riding on 30-33" tires, would you feel underpowered for towing a 10" utility trailer??

Sponsored

t020673

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The 2.7L has classic Big Block power.

3.73 rear gears and the 2.73 low range Transfer Case have also been the standard for decades.

Think of it this way:
If someone offered you a mint condition 1980 F150 with a 460ci big block, standard 2.73TC, 3.73 rear, riding on 30-33" tires, would you feel underpowered for towing a 10" utility trailer??
Well put. Thank you. That makes perfect sense...and the answer would be no.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was all-in for a 4dr Big Bend relatively stock, but then I started thinking...

Base 4dr, 2.7L, AT, MIC HT - $37,285 (Hell, might even go soft top - $36,590)
Big Bend 4dr, 2.3L, MT, MIC HT - $38,070

I can get a nice set of wheels/tires aftermarket for $1,500 and still be under $40K for a pretty well equipped base.

I just wish I could get A51 or CG....

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's a quick question I haven't seen asked or confirmed anywhere. I want a basesquatch 4 door with soft top. So here's my question, are the plastic soft top windows tinted? They appear to be in build and price but I haven't been able to confirm it. Also the windows on the base 2 door hardtop are not tinted, so I didn't know if ford was doing this hoping to get upgrades. Thanks in advance fellas!

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like others I have been base from day 1. Loaded the way I want it it will come in at just under $40,000. I started looking into things, and the Squatch package is reasonable for what you get. Having the ability to lock in all 4 wheels is something I have not seen since Quadratrac. Where I live, it can mean the difference between being stuck and not

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Like others I have been base from day 1. Loaded the way I want it it will come in at just under $40,000. I started looking into things, and the Squatch package is reasonable for what you get. Having the ability to lock in all 4 wheels is something I have not seen since Quadratrac. Where I live, it can mean the difference between being stuck and not
Yup. It is very appealing. My problem is that being here in Florida I would be hard pressed to find any terrain short of mud that would warrant the Squatch. I think if the beach got that bad they would restrict access.

Sponsored

Harv83

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was all-in for a 4dr Big Bend relatively stock, but then I started thinking...

Base 4dr, 2.7L, AT, MIC HT - $37,285 (Hell, might even go soft top - $36,590)
Big Bend 4dr, 2.3L, MT, MIC HT - $38,070

I can get a nice set of wheels/tires aftermarket for $1,500 and still be under $40K for a pretty well equipped base.

I just wish I could get A51 or CG....
I’m thinking the same thing, Base 4 door, 2.7AT, MIC top, roof rails, aux switches, I’m good with VB for color, and hopefully I’ll be able to buy some higher trim take offs from someone who’s upgrading their wheels and tires.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's a quick question I haven't seen asked or confirmed anywhere. I want a basesquatch 4 door with soft top. So here's my question, are the plastic soft top windows tinted? They appear to be in build and price but I haven't been able to confirm it. Also the windows on the base 2 door hardtop are not tinted, so I didn't know if ford was doing this hoping to get upgrades. Thanks in advance fellas!
No tint on Base . Period.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m thinking the same thing, Base 4 door, 2.7AT, MIC top, roof rails, aux switches, I’m good with VB for color, and hopefully I’ll be able to buy some higher trim take offs from someone who’s upgrading their wheels and tires.
Yes - I'm a little disappointed I won't get CG or A51 but can live with another color to save a few thousand $$.
Pretty sure the wheels are 6x5.5, super easy to find and anything with a std zero offset should work. I'll look for something in the 32/33" range less than 11" wide - I'm sure they will fit with little/no rubbing or clearance issues.
I just saw a nice set of black alloys with 32" Falken Wildpeak's on craigslist for $600.
I think finding a set of takeoffs that fit will be easy - just need the dealer to re-cal the speedometer and you are set.

DeMag1969

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Convertible Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was confused about ford co-pilot 360 technology on the base and contacted ford through their website. The representative on the chat sent me a link to some info. It said:

WHAT IS FORD CO-PILOT360?
Ford officially debuted its Co-Pilot360 suite in 2018 with the 2019 model year Fusion sedan. The system represented a leap forward into how the company bundled their safety tech while demonstrating the way forward for future vehicles. The system currently includes five safety systems and will be standard on all Ford and Lincoln vehicles from the 2020 model year onwards. Take a look at each of these five systems and how they help drivers stay safe in various situations.

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 1603833640965

If this is true, I'm now 100% going base.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes - I'm a little disappointed I won't get CG or A51 but can live with another color to save a few thousand $$.
Pretty sure the wheels are 6x5.5, super easy to find and anything with a std zero offset should work. I'll look for something in the 32/33" range less than 11" wide - I'm sure they will fit with little/no rubbing or clearance issues.
I just saw a nice set of black alloys with 32" Falken Wildpeak's on craigslist for $600.
I think finding a set of takeoffs that fit will be easy - just need the dealer to re-cal the speedometer and you are set.
Been looking at 255/85R16 (33.1x10x16) or 235/85R16 (31.7x9.3x16). Leaning towards the 235's, decent selection of brands and types.
Sponsored