Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't the BL make more sense in this scenario? It has everything from the sasquatch as well as the front sway bar disconnect and you'll be able to get the high or lux packages if any of that is desirable to you.
When you add the 2.7 to the BL you get the "Squatch" restrictions - no roof rack, no headliner....I hope the heck they get this all straightened out before it comes time to place orders.
Sponsored

Mattmquin

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne GTS / Wrangler - TJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
A couple folks posted some a few pages back.
Here's a decent picture of a non squatch Area 51 BD that was part of the interiors video BN put up.
Side pic BD.jpg

[/QUOTE]
Can someone send the link on where this photo came from? Grabbers are good looking tires. Sasquatch looks cool, but I feel most classic broncos had smaller tires so these will do just fine and keep the classic look.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does the Black Diamond come with standard rear steel bumper? I believe I had read somewhere, but the B&P seems to have eliminated that (along with rock rails).
Yes, it's shown on that Pricing Guide that came out and you could download.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just want to thank you guys, love this little community here. You're helpful and positive...and we'll need that as we wait this excrutiating time to actually get our trucks now....

Sponsored

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems like plenty of room to fit 33s, right?
Ford reps have said that 33’s will fit on the black diamond. You’ll need to have the speedometer reprogrammed if you want it to be accurate.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve pretty much decided I’m going to have to go aftermarket for tires and wheels immediately, Sasquatch or not. The stock BD tires are just too small, I’m pretty sure 285/70s will fit without issue and that’s what I want. Same with Squatch, if I go that route, I want 315 KM3s on a higher offset wheel. If I could get the 285 BFGs from Badlands on the Black Diamond steel wheels, I would probably do that, but that’s not an option.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
841A11D4-99CA-4F1F-B663-21209DC066F3.jpeg

This photo seems to do the stock 265 tires more justice than the standard B&P CGI. I’ll be rolling aluminums right now but as mine is priced right now, it’s about 3500 for Sasquatch...... worth? This will be my first real DD + off-roader
Honestly, I think that more Ford camera magic (BS).

Look at the proportions of those tires compared to what we have seen actual pictures of. They look wider, possibly taller and just fill out the wheel well better.

Same on squatch trucks.

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BD wasn’t even really in my consideration set a few weeks ago. Now it’s the only one. And the things I didn’t like a few weeks ago I now see as classic Bronco styling. The grill, headlights, and steel wheels all look like an early Bronco (or a restored early Bronco).

155304AD-6E99-47E0-B6F6-A2DFB6CA1799.jpeg

1CF876C8-C854-45F0-A70D-0754744EBCE7.jpeg

7A350E6D-884A-4EA9-A8DC-C0995DE9EFCF.jpeg

Sponsored

Sgtfun

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, trucks, boats and motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Always nice to have confirmation from a likeminded group ?

Here’s my thinking: BD 4 door with 2.7L engine, mid package. No hard-top as I’d like to wait for the option of white. No sas-pkg as I know the aftermarket will go crazy with suspension products, wheels, etc. The only downside is the absence of a front locker which can be added later (but not need 98% of the time). Get you into a nicely equipped Bronco for a variety of conditions on/off road and the ability to customize once the aftermarkets accessories hit the market. ~44K vs +50k for Badlands.

What am I missing?

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BD wasn’t even really in my consideration set a few weeks ago. Now it’s the only one. And the things I didn’t like a few weeks ago I now see as classic Bronco styling. The grill, headlights, and steel wheels all look like an early Bronco (or a restored early Bronco).

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 7A350E6D-884A-4EA9-A8DC-C0995DE9EFCF

This!
Exactly this!
Love the grille and “standard” lights just for this reason. Reminds me of the 60-70’s first generation Broncos.

Also as an added bonus now that I’ve seen the interiors I like BD the best as well.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Always nice to have confirmation from a likeminded group ?

Here’s my thinking: BD 4 door with 2.7L engine, mid package. No hard-top as I’d like to wait for the option of white. No sas-pkg as I know the aftermarket will go crazy with suspension products, wheels, etc. The only downside is the absence of a front locker which can be added later (but not need 98% of the time). Get you into a nicely equipped Bronco for a variety of conditions on/off road and the ability to customize once the aftermarkets accessories hit the market. ~44K vs +50k for Badlands.

What am I missing?
I don’t think you’re missing anything. I don’t want high or lux. If I leave the top off and it rains I don’t want to worry about all that fancy stuff.
the only spot I differ from you is I want the Sasquatch package. I like the way it looks and the gearing.
I will most likely add a little lift and 37’s in a couple of years when the 35’s wear down. It will be nice to have the better gearing with the Sasquatch. I also like the idea of the advanced 4x4 with the automatic 4 wheel drive option.

But the BD is by far and away the best capable for the money and more than 98% of us will use anyway.

it’s more than I’ll use to be honest. But I still want more, ?.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

it seems we are in the same boat. Those are my favorite wheels for the money and every day driving. The BD optional aluminum’s are not bad.
Does anyone know if we could put 33” AT tires on the BD without any modifications? Just want to know as I may want a larger tire in case they do look small especially since since it seems 75% of the 4-door broncos will be squatched and I Don’t want to look like the little guy. ?
"But honey they are 35" "
"Sure dear whatever you say to make you feel better."

• Haha
Reactions: RLW