Sponsored

Storing the hard top panels to top of the rear roof cap?

jntaylor1701

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It is my understanding that you can only fit the front LH and RH roof panels inside the Bronco and the middle single piece will not fit inside. (Aside from laying the rear seats down.

Any possibilities of securing it to the top of the rear cap using a bag and the roof rails? Given that I live in FL there is always a possibility of a sudden shower.
Sponsored

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is my understanding that you can only fit the front LH and RH roof panels inside the Bronco and the middle single piece will not fit inside. (Aside from laying the rear seats down.

Any possibilities of securing it to the top of the rear cap using a bag and the roof rails? Given that I live in FL there is always a possibility of a sudden shower.
I’d say if you put the roof panel over the roof rails it kind of defeats the purpose of removing the top ?.

Honestly i don’t think the middle section is supposed to be traveling with you when removed. Bimini type of top is you best friend for sudden showers

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having had a soft-top JKU for over 7 years, I have been struggling with this myself. I love the fact that the hardtop center section is removable and thought it may be a good option.....until I realized the center section was one piece. We roll top down as much as possible and often have to stop to put the top up due to the Florida rain. I don't mind getting a but wet but the rains down here have a tendency to get a bit heavy....I think we are going to stick with the soft top.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford is proud of the fact that the Bronco is designed in Detroit. It might have helped if they could have visited the South during development. Preferably in June-August.
Sponsored