Sponsored

Are we sure the MIC doesn’t have removable rear windows?

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Maybe I missed something, but looking through the many available photos as well as the CGI pictures, it seems that the MIC is the one with rear removable window panels and the painted top is solid.

Here’s the MIC.

0FCFF0A3-C730-418A-8929-1F3FDF5678F7.jpeg
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the information we’ve had for a long time (with some intermediate confusion about removable windows on the 2-door modular).

If you have information to the contrary of this, it would be helpful to share... but as of this post, this is what I know to be accurate.

Ford Bronco Are we sure the MIC doesn’t have removable rear windows? 21951528-5837-42FB-8D92-4FA6CECA8E4C

::EDIT::

If it’s the Area 51 overland concept that you posted a picture of that has you confused... Ford said explicitly that the blacked out windows were only a one-off concept, and not anything planned for production.

OP
OP

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is the information we’ve had for a long time (with some intermediate confusion about removable windows on the 2-door modular).

If you have information to the contrary of this, it would be helpful to share... but as of this post, this is what I know to be accurate.

21951528-5837-42FB-8D92-4FA6CECA8E4C.jpeg
I read this right before posting, but I’m feeling like there may have been a misunderstanding or mix up in the information when it was made available.

I just updated and attached a picture to my first post on this thread showing the MIC top with some peculiar lines around the rear window panels that lead me to believe they are removable.

edit: oh, there were some more pictures I’ve seenthat weren’t blacked out windows, but still MIC that had those same lines.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read this right before posting, but I’m feeling like there may have been a misunderstanding or mix up in the information when it was made available.

I just updated and attached a picture to my first post on this thread showing the MIC top with some peculiar lines around the rear window panels that lead me to believe they are removable.

edit: oh, there were some more pictures I’ve seenthat weren’t blacked out windows, but still MIC that had those same lines.
Along with my edit regarding that top being only a concept, even on the MIC with non-removable windows, there’s still windows, so there’s still going to be a seam.

See also: Your car’s windshield.

::Another Edit::

Oh! I see your arrows!

yeah, those lines are either there for character or a side effect of the manufacturing process.

If you see the windows being removed on the modular top, it’s *just* the window... those outer seems don’t play a role (like the way they do on the Jeep top.)

OP
OP

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The windows are glued in? Or the panels the windows are on?

Also, did you get a chance to observe those panel lines and see what their purpose may be?

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Also, did you get a chance to observe those panel lines and see what their purpose may be?

I did talked to Ford extensively about them and gave feedback.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did talked to Ford extensively about them and gave feedback.
I agree with you. I spoke with ford for quite some time. These things are one off vehicles. Pieced together. I opened the electrical connector for the door on the black 2 door and it fell out in my hands with no wiring. Don’t put to much faith in the looks of the “prototypes”. They are the sell.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wish they were removable. That would take out a whole bunch of the sting from late modular tops. But unfortunately the reason they call them modular is because the windows are removable. That’s the only part that makes them modular.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The MIC top does NOT have removable windows and the side panels do not detach.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish they were removable. That would take out a whole bunch of the sting from late modular tops. But unfortunately the reason they call them modular is because the windows are removable. That’s the only part that makes them modular.
I do as well. Unfortunately they are not. Fortunately Ford just doing mic tops will limit commodity restraint. (As long as the raw material is available.) Since they are producing it at MAP.

Sponsored

Deleted member 2346

This:
Oh! I see your arrows!

yeah, those lines are either there for character or a side effect of the manufacturing process.

If you see the windows being removed on the modular top, it’s *just* the window... those outer seems don’t play a role (like the way they do on the Jeep top.)

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes

Ryderman1

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are some really cool aftermarket products for the jeep hard top glass. There are some gull wing windows, set ups for carrying extra fuel, and open up tray set ups that look pretty dang cool. Im sure this will be available for the bronco at some point soon.

rich

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Rubicon, Moto Guzzi V7 III
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are some really cool aftermarket products for the jeep hard top glass. There are some gull wing windows, set ups for carrying extra fuel, and open up tray set ups that look pretty dang cool. Im sure this will be available for the bronco at some point soon.
Aftermarket options like this?
I would kill for an option like this on 2 door MIC top.

IMG_6066-e1576340950368.jpg

2-Door-Hardtop-Sliders-dog.jpg

Ryderman1

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Aftermarket options like this?
I would kill for an option like this on 2 door MIC top.

IMG_6066-e1576340950368.jpg

2-Door-Hardtop-Sliders-dog.jpg
I would post other pics of what im talking about, if i knew how
Sponsored