Sponsored

Is Bimini canvas top water tight? Or is it just for sun protection?

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Water does take the path of least resistance! :p I kid.

Don't take my experience to be a deterrent, I'm still actually getting the Mesh one for sun protection.

If used properly they are fantastic tops. Just don't expect to stay dry if you get caught in a rainstorm with one on.
LOL

Yeah, I plan to get one too... but probably will wait until later. I plan to get the soft top for delivery (and getting the paint matched modular once it's available). The bimini will give a third option for a top.
Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL

Yeah, I plan to get one too... but probably will wait until later. I plan to get the soft top for delivery (and getting the paint matched modular once it's available). The bimini will give a third option for a top.
Not a bad idea. The factory priced one is still right in line with market value. And to be completely transparent, I don't know if they've improved the design in the last seven months to make them more sealed on the front.

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if you can leave the back shell of the MIC hardtop on (over the cargo) AND put either one of these biminis over the front 2 rows at the same time?

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Does the soft top translate to removable side windows and panels so it can function like the bimini? That I suspect would be better at unexpected rainstorm protection.

Reactions: abe

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Isn’t Filson just the soft top with the rear/side windows removed, and not Bimini?

OP
OP
_2020_

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the soft top translate to removable side windows and panels so it can function like the bimini? That I suspect would be better at unexpected rainstorm protection.
Most likely as it cannot fold with windows on. I am looking into a 2dr... not an option for me

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bimini on year round...and a back up plan tucked under the seat for the handful of drizzle days they call monsoon here in SoCal.
Ford Bronco Is Bimini canvas top water tight? Or is it just for sun protection? 2BF116F8-3634-42C2-8C63-49C0A9AE17E7

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bummer! I was hoping the canvas top was waterproof. On the two door Badlands I was planning to order this would be more than enough protection for me if I occasionally got caught in the rain. I would just pull the drain plugs and wipe out any pools in the cargo area when it stopped.

I guess I will just have to wait for the aftermarket to come out with a full soft top or a waterproof bimini for 1/3 the cost of Ford's! :ROFLMAO:
Seriously... lol
I looked at Jeeps biminis and you can get them for 35 to 120 dollars!

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if you can leave the back shell of the MIC hardtop on (over the cargo) AND put either one of these biminis over the front 2 rows at the same time?
This is exactly what I was thinking. Especially because you cannot take out the mid piece with the roof rack on the 4 door or take it with you. I can’t see why it wouldn’t work together but I also would like someone to confirm. Would also like to see if this is really ez to throw on and if it can be folded and placed in the back when not in use.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not a bad idea. The factory priced one is still right in line with market value. And to be completely transparent, I don't know if they've improved the design in the last seven months to make them more sealed on the front.
Where do I find it in the build and price?

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, reviving this thread to see if anyone knows what happened to this top option. I really wanted this and would go buy one now with my FordPass points, but seems to have disappeared.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs