Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was thinking of hacking in a little switch for a garage door opener.

Then I got to thinking. Would it be possible to wire it into one of aux switches if your Bronco comes with one? I'm not smart enough to know if this is possible or not.
Sponsored

fpGT350

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good thought. I believe you have to buy the Lux package to get the garage opener switch.

OP
OP
pan-y-cerveza

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good thought. I believe you have to buy the Lux package to get the garage opener switch.
This is what got me on the thought. Lots seem to want the integrated opener but not bother with the Lux. This could be a workaround.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is what got me on the thought. Lots seem to want the integrated opener but not bother with the Lux. This could be a workaround.
Technically yes, Wire the aux switch to a relay, which could complete the connection on your handheld opener. then just waterseal the opener and tuck it in the engine bay.

Sponsored
OP
OP
pan-y-cerveza

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

have to ask Ford why these basic options are tied into the Lux package? adding a garage door opener that most vehicles in this price category have as standard should not cost $5000
You're right. It shouldn't. But at this point that's not likely to change. That's why I'm wondering if there are solutions that cost closer to $5 than $5000.

I'm not opposed to tinkering to save money regardless of the reasoning.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You're right. It shouldn't. But at this point that's not likely to change. That's why I'm wondering if there are solutions that cost closer to $5 than $5000.

I'm not opposed to tinkering to save money regardless of the reasoning.
I wish I could remember the thread, but somebody on here did this. I remember reading it a couple of weeks ago.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you could do it by instead of having the wires activated by a push button on the opener case, you could get some cheap wire and wire it to an aux switch, so when you switch the switch(sounds weird don't it?) the door opens... it would be pretty simple actually...

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

have to ask Ford why these basic options are tied into the Lux package? adding a garage door opener that most vehicles in this price category have as standard should not cost $5000
Maybe, in a strange attempt by Ford to turn a profit, they put desirable features in each package to entice buyers to purchase those packages...

Ford Bronco Garage Door on Aux Switches? maxresdefault

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That would be cool....but....the garage door opener isn't a switch....it's a signal. So you'd have to figure out how to tap that, and it could only be in the trims with Lux that have it onboard....?

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would be cool....but....the garage door opener isn't a switch....it's a signal. So you'd have to figure out how to tap that, and it could only be in the trims with Lux that have it onboard....?
is it integrated into the car tho?

Opossum

Black Diamond
First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As stated above, you could wire in the aux switch to close the contact in place of pushing the button. The only caveat is that you would have to remember to not leave the switch in the closed position (equivalent of keeping the button on your opener pushed indefinitely) since the Aux switch will be a toggle instead of a momentary switch.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly I have the garage door opener for my Fusion, never used it once. Always just used my current button the garage came with

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My take on this is that most vehicles in this price range are luxury-type vehicles, and Ford never marketed the Bronco as such. If you look at the commercials, they're selling an active, outdoor lifestyle - not a cocoon.

But I think a lot of people who want a cocoon have glommed onto the Bronco and they're pissed that it's not a Navigator or an Escalade. It's not, and it was never intended to be.

Though a garage door opener would be nice. I'm going to get one of my electrician friends to rig one up to one of the switches.

OC4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Brilliant idea! When you come up with a location and enclosure, please let me know.
Sponsored