Sponsored

Any information on if the Warn winch will work with the trail camera?

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
heard a few weeks ago that ford was "working on it" any confirmation that they have "worked on it" and getting this from the factory wont screw with the camera?
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it definitely works now.

beautiful view of the winch solenoid housing.

i wonder if ford will add a couple attachment points on the modular bumper allowing for the use of the warn remote solenoid kit.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it definitely works now.

beautiful view of the winch solenoid housing.

i wonder if ford will add a couple attachment points on the modular bumper allowing for the use of the warn remote solenoid kit.
?

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this kit moves the solenoid/control pack out of the way of the camera. it's a bunch of extra engineering including tweaking the modular bumper or another area to accept the solenoid.

i'm sure ford doesn't want to change the modular bumper design to include several additional holes since they've probably finalized the design, but this is a solution (endorsed by warn) to fix the trail camera issue.

it's no joke.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this kit moves the solenoid/control pack out of the way of the camera. it's a bunch of extra engineering including tweaking the modular bumper or another area to accept the solenoid.

i'm sure ford doesn't want to change the modular bumper design to include several additional holes since they've probably finalized the design, but this is a solution (endorsed by warn) to fix the trail camera issue.

it's no joke.
thats not what i asked. Ford was asked about this and said they were working on it and i wanted to know if anybody had an update

i want a winch but not one that blocks the camera so the best bet is a factory one from ford that is fixed

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

don't be surprised if the fix is either ford moving the camera onto the winch control housing or ford using a ford specific version of the relocation kit.

or they could not allow the winch in the B&P due to GVWR
(pretty sure the winch and mod bumper are heavier than the missing Squatch roof rack)

StaticAnalysis

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A cheap and easy mod might be to use a prism to create a periscope that transports photons of light from the end of the prism to the back where it can be projected into the camera.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Winch don’t care about the camera or whatever is behind it. Winch will work fine.

This is probably one of the very few items Ford should borrow a Jeep engr for. Rubicon’s bumper mounts the winch in a very stealthy location and it looks nice. That winch/bumper creationon the Bronco has is bad, soooo bad. It’s an embarrassment to a beautiful lines and shape of the Bronco.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Winch don’t care about the camera or whatever is behind it. Winch will work fine.

This is probably one of the very few items Ford should borrow a Jeep engr for. Rubicon’s bumper mounts the winch in a very stealthy location and it looks nice. That winch/bumper creationon the Bronco has is bad, soooo bad. It’s an embarrassment to a beautiful lines and shape of the Bronco.
jeeps don't have an intercooler to deal with in the 3.6 engines either. And if you've never had a front trail cam, it's worth its weight in gold when off-roading. Ive installed 2 on the wife's 2 grand Cherokees and 1 on my f150 and they've helped tremendously on the trails.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
jeeps don't have an intercooler to deal with in the 3.6 engines either. And if you've never had a front trail cam, it's worth its weight in gold when off-roading. Ive installed 2 on the wife's 2 grand Cherokees and 1 on my f150 and they've helped tremendously on the trails.
Don’t know why you only want to mention the non Turbo 3.6L pentastar engine? The rubicon also has a wait for it....... A 2.0L TURBO engine and it has a inter cooler (at least I read that on the internet so it has to be true). And they have a nice winch/bumper set up and they solved the inter cooler issue you brought up

Not all Broncos will have the front camera, I think that is a lpackage dealio. So there will be many non camera blocking winches hanging off ugly mount locations.

I totally agree with you on the awesomeness of the front camera for the trails.

Come on now, that is a good bumper and winch location done right.
Ford Bronco Any information on if the Warn winch will work with the trail camera? 4DD92AF3-A2CD-4F1B-8EB9-B2E84D32E2C2

Apologizes to the OP. I have not heard of good news on the camera angle, location, view obstruction for the Bronco. Hope their fix doesn’t delay some orders.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t know why you only want to mention the non Turbo 3.6L pentastar engine? The rubicon also has a wait for it....... A 2.0L TURBO engine and it has a inter cooler (at least I read that on the internet so it has to be true). And they have a nice winch/bumper set up and they solved the inter cooler issue you brought up

Not all Broncos will have the front camera, I think that is a lpackage dealio. So there will be many non camera blocking winches hanging off ugly mount locations.

I totally agree with you on the awesomeness of the front camera for the trails.

Come on now, that is a good bumper and winch location done right.
Ford Bronco Any information on if the Warn winch will work with the trail camera? 4DD92AF3-A2CD-4F1B-8EB9-B2E84D32E2C2

Apologizes to the OP. I have not heard of good news on the camera angle, location, view obstruction for the Bronco. Hope their fix doesn’t delay some orders.
only because they were offering those HD bumpers with the hundreds of thousands of 3.6s long before the 2.0 or 3.0 EcoDiesel came out. I have an EcoBoost motor and I know exactly how big the intercooler is and why I couldn't mount a winch up front without getting creative. Do I think the bronco winch mount looks silly, yes I do. But I for one will have the 360 camera setup and the winch. It's almost like they designed the winch mount on a non-360 camera setup bronco and then realized after putting it onto a high/lux package bronco they forgot about the placement of the camera and the winch interference.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

don't be surprised if the fix is either ford moving the camera onto the winch control housing or ford using a ford specific version of the relocation kit.

This is the only solution that will work to give a 100% obstruction free view from camera. Even relocating the solenoid won't completely solve the problem. It was easy to see that the bar and even winch body would still be in view of the camera.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A cheap and easy mod might be to use a prism to create a periscope that transports photons of light from the end of the prism to the back where it can be projected into the camera.
Funny - I actually was thinking about doing this.....
Sponsored