Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you watched this dillhole then you get what you paid for (which was free-99). His "assessment" is pure garbage.

Your argument is that every single 4-cylinder car in the world performs exactly the same. And that every V6 in the world performs exactly the same. And that you can compare ANY I4 against ANY V6 and have apples to apples comparison.

I cannot stress enough how deeply flawed this logic is.
FWIW, the fastest 4 cylinder car in the world just ran a 6.078 quarter mile time at 229 mph.

Now compare that to a Saturn Vue with V6. Should be apples to apples, according to your logic.

Great post about Badlands not needing Squatch to keep the manual transmission.

:cry: You were supposed to include me on that to see what their deal is! :cry:

Don't forget that the 2.3 Ranger is also rated to tow 7,000 while having 1,200 in the bed.

I've driven a 2019 Ranger with the 2.3 while towing 4,500 lbs and another 600 lbs in the bed. Could not tell there was a trailer being hauled at all. Accelerated on the freeway nearly as quick, going from a stoplight, no problems. The 2.3 has capacity well in excess of Bronco's maximum GVRW and has been comically misunderstood on these here digital pages.

I'll ignore the other 15 posts back and forth about fuel types, but really? Your argument is that forced induction is harder on a motor, so you want a TWIN TURBO motor to..... do....... more wear? Again, only using YOUR argument here and having a little snicker.

I have a 2018 Mazda 6 GT with their 6-speed auto, it's a bit slow reacting and lackluster.

I've got 4,500 miles out of the 13K on a 2019 Ranger and find the 10-speed it comes with infuriating. Have shared this many times, it is a transmission tuned to get into 9th or 10th gear as fast as possible, regardless of the situation. Rolling down a flat road at 35 mph in 9th gear. Ninth? Seriously, why? Trying to merge on the freeway in 8th.... It's a fine transmission overall (yes, they have the 2nd gear "bump" when getting going), but it SUCKS to drive if you know how to drive a manual transmission and realize it's making stupid decisions in stupid situations.

If you go test drive a Ranger, please do about 5-10 miles in full automatic. Then adjust the instrument gauges so you can see the gear and repeat those same 5-10 miles in Sport mode (S on the shift gate) and use the "+"/"-" buttons on the shifter to control the gearing. Obviously the gear ratios are drastically different than Bronco will be, but you need to drive the Ranger when you are controlling the gearing... Will blow your mind how capable and eager the 2.3 motor is. This thing is going to be a BEAST with the 7mt in Bronco. And with the crawler gear ratio of almost 95:1, it's going to be putting down torque harder than Ron Jeremy in a group session.

There hasn't been a lot of great info on the 2.3 from these forums i'm afraid. Plenty of anecdotal mud slinging and "V6 bigger, so V6 better!" caveman arguments with many chests puffed out.

Lets be honest with ourselves here, if it's all about the "size" of a motor, the comparison is WEAK AT BEST.

2.3 ltr inline 4 = 140 cubic inches
2.7 ltr V6 = 167 cubic inches

Now, I can only guess what most of these guys are telling their wives about the size difference of these motors, but that isn't a well-girthy 9 inches you have there with the V6.

I'm no different than most of you, I wish I had a spare 2" for just such an occasion, but lets be honest with ourselves, "bigger" in this case is 27 cubic inches. Pig in a blanket territory.
Actually I was referring to how the tune would put more wear so it is better to get the larger engine which has smaller turbos and can make the same power without taking it beyond its recommended specs. The fact that it is forced induction only exacerbates the problem as I clearly stated but I guess you misunderstood

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is an argument to be made that the 2.3 architecture started in 1974 with the OHC Pinto motors (LL23 block). This gives it 46 years of process development and improvements as technology developed and different injection formats came to market. The high pressure fuel pump on the current 2.3 direct injection being the only major thorn in it's side for Ford with fuel dilution issues and people having better luck to ventilate the crank case slightly via catch can.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Pinto_engine
Here's my "Pinto" engine :D
Ford Bronco Had to drive the 2.3 1603911473513

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
for burgers five guys is the only move.

I never had a 5 guys burger, until the car club I was in had a show in their parking lot. Instant addiction. Best fast food burger I've ever had, but it costs me $12.72 anytime I want to eat there though.

Sponsored

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I never had a 5 guys burger, until the car club I was in had a show in their parking lot. Instant addiction. Best fast food burger I've ever had, but it costs me $12.72 anytime I want to eat there though.
Jersey mikes is the 5 guys of the sub world. Prove me wrong.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jersey mikes is the 5 guys of the sub world. Prove me wrong.
Since you are one of the states that is not only cursed with not having any publix's I will let that comment slide since you don't know whats up

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Since you are one of the states that is not only cursed with not having any publix's I will let that comment slide since you don't know whats up
Or piggly wigglys lol

OP
OP
Jtorral

Jtorral

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As an ex Floridian, best burger is charhut. Hope they are still around.

Sponsored

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Publix is garbage , HEB> all

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I drive slow to the annoyance of my co-workers and wife sometimes. However, I'm getting the 2.7 auto because from what I've heard and read, the 2.7 should last longer than the 2.3. I was on the fence about another manual but for $1,895 for both the auto and the engine, how can you even argue?

OP
OP
Jtorral

Jtorral

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Winn Dixie !

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Publix is garbage , HEB> all
HERB always wins up here in WA state. Vape away, the THC will help with traffic or having to drive a car with automatic transmission. You can hold the bong with both hands.
Sponsored