Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't forget to add sales tax.

It seems everywhere on this site, I see people calculating the price, but they always forget to account for their state's sales tax. Adding 5%-7% to the price adds thousands of dollars to the final price. Obviously, if you have a trade-in, that will reduce the tax burden, but tax is the single thing I see people not calculate into their final price (including all of the spreadsheets floating around).

I just don't want people to be shocked. Unless I'm missing something about sales tax when it comes to car sales?
I think they are just pricing it out pretax. But in FL, we get reduced taxes if we do a trade in, and not if we just put straight money down. I was planning to keep my truck, but may do a trade just to reduce that tax burden.

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems everywhere on this site, I see people calculating the price, but they always forget to account for their state's sales tax. Adding 5%-7% to the price adds thousands of dollars to the final price. Obviously, if you have a trade-in, that will reduce the tax burden, but tax is the single thing I see people not calculate into their final price (including all of the spreadsheets floating around).

I just don't want people to be shocked. Unless I'm missing something about sales tax when it comes to car sales?
The formula figuring is for the price of vehicles. Tax, tag, title, extended warranty, maintenance plan, all these things come after, guess I just took for granted that buyers knew this stuff.

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The formula figuring is for the price of vehicles. Tax, tag, title, extended warranty, maintenance plan, all these things come after, guess I just took for granted that buyers knew this stuff.
I'm sure most people do. But, with the published prices of Stephens and Granger's, I've been calculating it with everything (document fees, sales tax, etc.). It cab be a bit surprising. I've seen others add the document fees, etc. But it seems everyone is forgetting the sales tax.

It does change the price quite a bit. I just wanted to make sure people kept that in mind so there was no shock at the end of the day.

Sponsored

SuckItMcGee

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB, 2020 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While I have many issues with the state I live in, the fact that they charge a maximum of $500 for new car sales tax is not one of them. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. :)

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I made some excel sheets to help me narrow down my choices when it came to picking my Bronco. So I wanted to share them with you. Keep in mind when looking at the sheets the only numbers you really need to focus on are the ones in the colored boxes on the bottom of the documents. The 3 I have made are for the Base, BD and BL. You have the ability to adjust the options pricing along with sales tax, Dealer fees, Down payment and loan information(Loan Length & APR). You can also adjust the tax rate per your state or county(currently set at 6%). Please let me know if you have any questions, issues or anything improvements to make this document better. Again just something I threw together to help me out but wanted to share.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Thanks for bringing this up. I live in Georgia and our tax rate is 7% on vehicles (Ad valorem). There is an offset when you trade a car in. I'm not sure how this will work with Stephens, with my trade in, since I'm trading in a car I didn't buy new.

CFC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee overland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just canceled my sheehy Ford reservation and made new one at Stephens.
I decided I wanted a 2022 model year with the options I want, plus $1000 under invoice

motoarch

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm still reserved at the local dealer in CT.

They told me they were doing MSRP with $390 conveyance
$255 registration fee + tax.

Nothing else on there end.

It looks like switching to Stephens would save me roughly $1800-$2000 based on my build invoice cost vs. MSRP.

My question; is there any guarantee either dealer will follow through?

My local guy could change that policy at anytime or not.

Same with stephens leaving making a trip out to VA for nothing and possibly costing more money in the end.

Before I switch my reservation I suppose I'm looking for some reassurance that I'm locked in.

Thanks

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still reserved at the local dealer in CT.

They told me they were doing MSRP with $390 conveyance
$255 registration fee + tax.

Nothing else on there end.

It looks like switching to Stephens would save me roughly $1800-$2000 based on my build invoice cost vs. MSRP.

My question; is there any guarantee either dealer will follow through?

My local guy could change that policy at anytime or not.

Same with stephens leaving making a trip out to VA for nothing and possibly costing more money in the end.

Before I switch my reservation I suppose I'm looking for some reassurance that I'm locked in.

Thanks
I just switched to Stephens after alot of emails and phone calls to multiple dealers. I have confidence that I made the right decision. Any dealer can screw you even Granger who has more than been up front. You need to do your research and go with whom you feel you are comfortable with. Stephens has posted a signed document whith the GM's signature do not know what more you need or are looking for. I know it is a matter of trust but that is what this is all about.
Sponsored