Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Speaking of switching dealers. I just transferred my reservation for the second time and Ford must manually change the order the second time around. It took about 24 hours for mine to be switched. Just FYI. If you switch for the first time it’s immediate.
Sponsored

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any recommendations on a dealer that is willing to deal in WA?
When I was looking the Damerow deal was just starting and I got in on that. Unfortunately they limited it to transfers before a specific date.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for that lead, @elmystico ! I was not aware of that one in Leonardtown, MD. That's only about an hour and a half from where I am in Northern Virginia, so I'll be researching them here on Bronco6G now!
@NayNay is great. While I am on the opposite side of the country from you and them and going with the CO group buy, IMO she has been one of the brightest lights among dealerships making their presences felt here.

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Diehl's Ford in Grantsville MD. Easy to get to, it's just off of I68.
Any idea whether they are accepting reservation transfers?

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any idea whether they are accepting reservation transfers?
Just got off of the phone with him. They will accept reservation transfers and are offering everyone the same deal I got as long as you give them the head's up to flag it as part of the deal. Eric Diehl: [email protected] 301-895-5135.

Jhastin4567

Wildtrak
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco U13
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I reached out to my local Deaership the exact same way the OP did and got a response saying that they are discussing it internally and will give me an answer by the end of the week as to wether or not they will be able to match other dealerships offers. I respect that. We’ll see what they say

Bullrun

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MFG -> Dealer -> Customer is antiquated

They should be thankful for every cent they get, the next couple generations won’t bother with the traditional car buying process

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The more they yowl about not getting their way -- aka, the OLD way of doing things -- the more they reveal their fear of the future. They haven't innovated. They've just been sitting back on their fat a$$e$ waiting for the MSRP dollars to roll in by default, like they think it should always be. They don't like how this new reservation system is turning out for them and now they're flipping.

My reaction to their fear: TOUGH $H!T, YOU LAZY ASSHOLE.
Agreed. My favorite thing about this post is that you typed "$HIT" and "a$$e$" without the "S", but turned around and typed out "ASSHOLE". Fantastic. I loved it. Carry on. ?

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am not going to jump ship from my dealer (Tri-County Ford, Keysville, VA) until I know for sure the dealers can actually sell under invoice. I just spoke to my dealer (he is a good friend) and he told me that he is not sure what Ford is going to allow them to do. Ford has some rule about selling/advertising under invoice. The new Mach-E will have the invoice on the sticker. No MSRP. He also told me that Ford wanted to sell "Bronco" to the dealers as another franchise like Dodge did with Ram. They have a dealer group that lobbies for the dealers and with their help and some of the Execs at Ford, that got nixed. He told me there would also be a Bronco truck, kinda like the Gladiator or a Scrambler. I am not sure whether it will be 2 or 4 doors or both.
If you get locked in to your dealer as of Jan 31 and have not ordered yet, the dealer can change the rules and you are stuck...
I don't know about all you guys, but with this info, I am sticking with Tri-County Ford. Mark Harding is a great guy and will not steer anyone wrong.

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Aaaaannnnnddd phone calls like that are the reason why I got a Motorola Razr.

Saying "Fuck you" and flipping your phone shut is the best way to end a call. Change my mind.

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

All these dealers acting like their customers should pay premium and like it. Each reservation is just dollar signs to them and they're angry you took that away from them. Let them know the power is in your hands and not theirs.
I don’t understand why dealers feel like they ‘deserve’ a high commission on MSRP. They aren’t ‘selling’ anything with the Bronco. These are orders made by ‘reservation’ BEFORE even dealing with the dealer. Aren’t salespeople supposed to earn a sale through selling? All the dealer is doing is fulfilling a standing order. Times have changed!

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@NayNay is great. While I am on the opposite side of the country from you and them and going with the CO group buy, IMO she has been one of the brightest lights among dealerships making their presences felt here.
Thanks, @elmystico . I'm 42 pages deep in the, so far, 66 page-long Maryland Volume Buyers Group thread and, what I've read so far is quite intriguing. And, from all I've read in those posts, @NayNay has always come across as helpful and transparent.

Last edited:

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t understand why dealers feel like they ‘deserve’ a high commission on MSRP. They aren’t ‘selling’ anything with the Bronco. These are orders made by ‘reservation’ BEFORE even dealing with the dealer. Aren’t salespeople supposed to earn a sale through selling? All the dealer is doing is fulfilling a standing order. Times have changed!
Not only that, the dealership is out nothing with a converted reservation. They don’t do any work to convince the buyer to buy. They don’t lay out any money to get the vehicle in. The vehicle does not come out of their allotment. They will get paid at the time of sale, and have 30 days, at a minimum, to pay Ford the invoice minus holdback.

In actuality, the dealer is the only one to lose if a buyer switches dealerships. It isn’t like they can sell that vehicle to someone else. This isn’t a zero-sum game like it usually is for a dealer.
Sponsored