Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU; 6-speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Problem is people say they won't drench the inside, but at some point they will, because they can.
I'm currently driving my first Jeep—a soft top JLU.

Number of times I wanted to drench the interior on purpose: 0
Number of times I drenched the interior anyway: at least 5

My 13 year old daughter & I got caught, doors off, in a torrential Florida rain a few weeks ago on the way home & had to pull the 2 available drain plugs while we were driving to let the water out. Took days to get the skunky smell out of the carpet.

Pretty sure that unless you NEVER pull the doors or drop the top, the unbearable sweetness of having a vehicle that allows you to do that will creep in. And that's exactly when it pours buckets, lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Number of times I drenched the interior anyway (by accident): at least 5

My 13 year old daughter & I got caught, doors off, in a torrential Florida rain a few weeks ago on the way home & had to pull the 2 available drain plugs while we were driving to let the water out. Took days to get the skunky smell out of the carpet.

Pretty sure that unless you NEVER pull the doors or drop the top, the unbearable sweetness of having a vehicle that allows you to do that will creep in. And that's exactly when it pours buckets, lol.
LOL, had this happen a ton of times....pro tip: Shove empty water bottles under the carpet to help air it out.

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think they're all LED just like the headlights but the signature type is what they needed to actually answer.

Edit - Lower trims aren't LED like the headlights.
Define lower trim. Will the Black Diamond and Badlands have LED taillights?

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Number of times I drenched the interior anyway (by accident): at least 5

Former owner of several Wranglers. Check into getting the floors rhino lined. Makes life so much easier.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, had this happen a ton of times....pro tip: Shove empty water bottles under the carpet to help air it out.
I have read dozens of examples of this kind of Damp Disaster From Above posted by Floridians here (and I can confirm being caught out in a few frog-chokers myself while visiting my parents in Lee County).

At this point, I think Ford just needs to call the MGV interior/washout floors and drains/no power seats the Sunshine State Option.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Define lower trim. Will the Black Diamond and Badlands have LED taillights?
Guess it's tied into the signature tail lights even though all Bronco's have LED front lights whether they're signature or not. So that would mean:

Base, BB, and BD all have the non signature tail lights and are non-LED
OBX, BL, WT, and FE have signature tail lights and are LED

LED:
Ford Bronco tons of new stuff from moab expo on bronco nation instagram LED Signature Rear Light.JPG

Non-LED
Ford Bronco tons of new stuff from moab expo on bronco nation instagram Standard Non-LED Rear Light.JPG

Per the BN Instagram posts, BB will have LED rear lights but it's not in B&P or in the specs on the Ford site, however the front signature lights are listed as optional so hopefully the rears are included but just don't show in the changed image or it's one of the options to be added later. How this fares for Base and BD, don't know.

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guess it's tied into the signature tail lights even though all Bronco's have LED front lights whether they're signature or not. So that would mean:

Base, BB, and BD all have the non signature tail lights and are non-LED
OBX, BL, WT, and FE have signature tail lights and are LED

LED:
Ford Bronco tons of new stuff from moab expo on bronco nation instagram Standard Non-LED Rear Light.JPG

Non-LED

Per the BN Instagram posts, BB will have LED rear lights but it's not in B&P or in the specs on the Ford site, however the front signature lights are listed as optional so hopefully the rears are included but just don't show in the changed image or it's one of the options to be added later. How this fares for Base and BD, don't know.
I saw in another post suggesting that the blind spot monitoring that comes with the mid package automatically gets LED tail lights since these house the sensors. Not sure if this is true.

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

HeadLAMPS....that’s inside the vehicle
I disagree. That would likely be worded "overhead" lamps. Anyways, here's a picture of the standard headlights on, and one with signature lighting on. If you look at the background yellow lines for reference, the standard headlight image actually seems to be more yellow. With some mental adjustment, the colors actually looks very close to me, leading me to believe that both are LED lights.

Ford Bronco tons of new stuff from moab expo on bronco nation instagram 1603983785505

Ford Bronco tons of new stuff from moab expo on bronco nation instagram 1603983825537

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I saw in another post suggesting that the blind spot monitoring that comes with the mid package automatically gets LED tail lights since these house the sensors. Not sure if this is true.
I've seen the suggestion too but there's also pics with the panels removed showing the BLIS unit is not integral to the LED rear light. Also the BLIS system is described in the Co-Pilot 360 portion not the Mid package part even though it's included in it but on the BB at least the LED headlights are listed under Safety as standard. Lots of things are still all over the place so who knows, would be a nice addition if you get the Mid or option for the signature front lights to have it included since I'm looking at the BB as a different alternative to the BL that already has it included.
Sponsored