First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recommend reading my whole comment since I addressed that already.

Your concerns are valid and have been consistently voiced by critics of this kind of technology for decades. The performance data does not suggest that those concerns are significant contributors to residual accident/incident rates. Obviously, you are entitled to your opinion and to choose the product you want. I am just providing my experience to those that want some additional background information.
I did.

I’d prefer it didn’t exist at all because I don’t trust people and their bad driving. I will turn it off in any car that has it and this is coming from someone that’s 35 so I’m not an angry boomer who hates technology. I drive in a work van all day everyday and sometimes on nights and weekends and the things I see blow my mind. It isn’t just once a day, it 10+ times a day. People doing whatever they want without even looking at the road, the reciters staring down at their phones is surreal. People trying to swerve off the road to pass you, cut you off or even physically ram their vehicle into you because they’re mad you’re in front of them or they couldn’t pass you in a merge lane. I just don’t have much faith in people.

I will say I suppose if everyone has it I can than sit back and laugh as they try to cut me off or run into me and their car physically jerks their dumbass back into their lane.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did.

I’d prefer it didn’t exist at all because I don’t trust people and their bad driving. I will turn it off in any car that has it and this is coming from someone that’s 35 so I’m not an angry boomer who hates technology. I drive in a work van all day everyday and sometimes on nights and weekends and the things I see blow my mind. It isn’t just once a day, it 10+ times a day. People doing whatever they want without even looking at the road, the reciters staring down at their phones is surreal. People trying to swerve off the road to pass you, cut you off or even physically ram their vehicle into you because they’re mad you’re in front of them or they couldn’t pass you in a merge lane. I just don’t have much faith in people.

I will say I suppose if everyone has it I can than sit back and laugh as they try to cut me off or run into me and their car physically jerks their dumbass back into their lane.
You just described all the reasons that I'm glad to have this technology....to avoid other people.

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did.

If you drive commercially, you will absolutely be behind the wheel of a vehicle with this kind of technology in the future, for the liability reduction your company will get from it alone.

I hope you see how confusing your logic is here. You don't trust people... therefore, you only want people to make traffic reactions when you're sharing the road. Honestly, you sound like you should land on the other side of this issue given your experience.

I'll say no more.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So Ford got the worst score for ease of use? This just tells me no one will bother to use it. I turn off the damn thing as soon as I get it the car. Wife on the other hand loves it, this is the difference between an equipment operator and a driver.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You just described all the reasons that I'm glad to have this technology....to avoid other people.
Yes and no. It was an illustration as to why I prefer these systems to require driver engagement.

If you drive commercially, you will absolutely be behind the wheel of a vehicle with this kind of technology in the future, for the liability reduction your company will get from it alone.

I hope you see how confusing your logic is here. You don't trust people... therefore, you only want people to make traffic reactions when you're sharing the road. Honestly, you sound like you should land on the other side of this issue given your experience.

I'll say no more.
I am for them. I am against people and without requiring driver engagement they scare me given what I see on a day to day basis. The point I was making is that I don’t trust people to not abuse the system and expect it to do all their thinking for them.

In your situation, yes. Accidents should be further reduced by the addition of these systems and they’re great for that. In my case with what I see I’m nervous of all the psychos I come in contact with every day. Who will expect it to do everything for them? Who will expect it to allow them to text while they just hang out?

Sponsored

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The government in my car?

No thanks,

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought there was an interview with Ford Engineers that stated the Co-pilot 360 on the Bronco would have limited features compared to other Ford/Lincoln models. It wouldn't actually "drive" the vehicle but would auto emergency stop/blind spot monitor and adaptive cruise control/lane keep assist (Lux package required).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Economisto

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought there was an interview with Ford Engineers that stated the Co-pilot 360 on the Bronco would have limited features compared to other Ford/Lincoln models. It wouldn't actually "drive" the vehicle but would auto emergency stop and potentially avoid obstacles (Lux package required).
It says it has lane keep assist and lane keep aid on the website. Gonna be pissed if it doesn't cause adaptive cruise control is kinda useless without it and i could get the high package instead with aftermarket sound!

Sponsored

Mmartini

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The base should have some features of the Ford co pilot. They list the automatic emergency braking and auto high beams under the base model‘s specs. However, you need the mid package for the blind spot detection and lane keeping system. The lux package is needed for evasive steering/adaptive cruise control.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Most people are far worse drivers than they admit and things like LCA, LKA, traction control, back up cameras, blind spot monitoring, emergency braking DO help cut down on accidents.

The problem is getting these systems to work reliably and unobtrusively with the driver.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate those systems, have it on our Escalade and it is extremely annoying.
I sell for a Cadillac Dealer. I think you are thinking of adaptive cruise control. The only Cadillac that has super cruise is the CT6. The new body 2021 Escalade will have super cruise as a late availability option which is not out yet.

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is some basis for suspecting Consumer Reports ratings:
Interesting history lesson, but still lacking any info that CR was paid off. Seems more like the employee who go in the accident just wanted revenge or something. I was waiting until the end when they said it was proven Jeep paid off CR to give Samurais a bad safety rating. Too bad these aren’t still around though.
Sponsored