Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I made some excel sheets to help me narrow down my choices when it came to picking my Bronco. So I wanted to share them with you. Keep in mind when looking at the sheets the only numbers you really need to focus on are the ones in the colored boxes on the bottom of the documents.

The 3 I have made are for the Base, BD and BL. You have the ability to adjust the options pricing along with sales tax, Dealer fees, Down payment and loan information (Loan Length & APR). You can also adjust the tax rate per your state or county (currently set at 6%).

Please let me know if you have any questions, issues or any improvements I can make to this document better. Again just something I threw together to help me out but wanted to share.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you!!!

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Help feed our obsession.

Midlife Crisis

Badlands
First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing my 86 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very cool of you. Thanks.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’re a god.

Ford Bronco Bronco Build and Price Excel worksheet 1603992374017

wander

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 E250 Super Duty Sportsmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome. Thanks!

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
awesome... but dude. 72 month loan... not a good idea!

https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/loans/auto-loans/5-reasons-say-no-long-lo

I'm not trying to get in anyone's pocket. your money is your money. but 72 month loans are not worth it man.

Plus I keep saying this, and it's like no one wants to believe me on the math. When trying to figure out invoice when you know the MSRP, it's divide by the percentage+1, not multiple by 1-percentage. Trying to figure out what markup is different than taking percentage away.

Let me demonstrate. Let's say you have $6k in options at MSRP and you want to figure out what the invoice is, and we're assuming a 5% markup.

Your equation:
6,000 * .95 = 5,700
now to check your math, if this was correct, 5700 * 1.05 would equal 6000. but it doesn't. it equals 5985.

Correct equation:
6000 / 1.05 = 5,714.29
check it: 5714.29 * 1.05 = 6000

Sure you might say it's only a 14 dollar difference. But as the options total gets higher, the difference gets higher, and this effects tax calculation, loan calculation, etc...

You could also argue it's 'close enough'. but if you're going through the trouble of creating a spreadsheet to compare costs, wouldn't you want it to be as accurate as possible?

OP
OP

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not trying to get in anyone's pocket. your money is your money. but 72 month loans are not worth it man.

Plus I keep saying this, and it's like no one wants to believe me on the math. When trying to figure out invoice when you know the MSRP, it's divide by the percentage+1, not multiple by 1-percentage. Trying to figure out what markup is different than taking percentage away.

Let me demonstrate. Let's say you have $6k in options at MSRP and you want to figure out what the invoice is, and we're assuming a 5% markup.

Your equation:
6,000 * .95 = 5,700
now to check your math, if this was correct, 5700 * 1.05 would equal 6000. but it doesn't. it equals 5985.

Correct equation:
6000 / 1.05 = 5,714.29

Sure you might say it's only a 14 dollar difference. But as the options total gets higher, the difference gets higher, and this effects tax calculation, loan calculation, etc...

You could also argue it's 'close enough'. but if you're going through the trouble of creating a spreadsheet to compare costs, wouldn't you want it to be as accurate as possible?
The loan duration can be changed to what ever you want it to be (12, 36, 48, 54 or 17) and it will calculate a monthly price. 72 & 84 is just what was in there when I saved it. As for the MSRP to Invoice, I was just using the calculation I got from Stephens. I also used a couple calculators online and got the same numbers. I would love to know more about your explanation and advice you gave. I don't know why I like math but I love to learn something new everyday, so you have my attention. How did you come up with 1.05?

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base

Your equation:
6,000 * .95 = 5,700

Correct equation:
6000 / 1.05 = 5,714.29

The 5% is a rounding error in and of itself . I believe you will find no option invoice list cents. If fact I think depending on the option the market up varies.

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
[/QUOTE]
That's awesome man, not sure why I never saw this. I built mine because I've been talking so much about the Bronco my wife now doesn't hear a thing I say anymore! So I had to make a colorful one so she could see my numbers! LOL.
I don't have a wife but same haha. I got to a point where I was just thinking of all the variations and doing different financials and whatnot so much that I had to make a spreadsheet. We are the same haha. I'm always down for more spreadsheets so thanks for sharing yours!

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The loan duration can be changed to what ever you want it to be (12, 36, 48, 54 or 17) and it will calculate a monthly price. 72 & 84 is just what was in there when I saved it. As for the MSRP to Invoice, I was just using the calculation I got from Stephens. I also used a couple calculators online and got the same numbers. I would love to know more about your explanation and advice you gave. I don't know why I like math but I love to learn something new everyday, so you have my attention. How did you come up with 1.05?
Absolutely. ?

1.05 is just 5% added onto one. So instead of taking a number and multiplying it by 5% (or .05) and then adding that to your whole number, just add the whole number in from the start. 1+5%(or .05) = 1.05.

a good example is tax. If you buy something for $100 and there's 6% tax, just multiple 100*1.06 instead of multiplying 100*.06 and then adding 100. Just a shorter way of doing it.

so in the example I gave above:
6000 / 1.05 = 5,714.29

6000 = the MSRP on options
1.05 = 1+5% markup (1+.05)
5714.29 = Invoice

It's just like the algebra we all learned probably many many many years ago...
Code:
Invoice * (1+Markup%) = MSRP
We know MSRP & we assume Markup % as 5%. So as we all learned, how do we solve this multiplication equation when missing what to multiply by? we bring over Markup & have it divide MSRP.

OP
OP

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely. ?

1.05 is just 5% added onto one. So instead of taking a number and multiplying it by 5% (or .05) and then adding that to your whole number, just add the whole number in from the start. 1+5%(or .05) = 1.05.

a good example is tax. If you buy something for $100 and there's 6% tax, just multiple 100*1.06 instead of multiplying 100*.06 and then adding 100. Just a shorter way of doing it.

so in the example I gave above:
6000 / 1.05 = 5,714.29

6000 = the MSRP on options
1.05 = 1+5% markup (1+.05)
5714.29 = Invoice

It's just like the algebra we all learned probably many many many years ago...
Code:
Invoice * (1+Markup%) = MSRP
We know MSRP & we assume Markup % as 5%. So as we all learned, how do we solve this multiplication equation when missing what to multiply by? we bring over Markup & have it divide MSRP.
Thanks man, now it makes sense to me, appreciate it, learning has occurred and I will fix the spreadsheet to calculate that way.
Sponsored