Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Having a hell of a time choosing between the BD & BB.

near identical specs (2.3/7 spd/ rear locker/ mod bumper/brush guard/ rock rails/bikini top and roof rack)

BB has signature lighting, tow package (for recovery points since the BB doesn’t have rear hooks (I THINK?) and the matching grill to the top.

BD has the MGV and washout floors (obvi), upgraded t case, rear tow points, better tires to start with (can be changed later), and the ugly steelies scream functional to me.

I’m ultimately going up to 285/75r17 tires, it’ll be my DD and weekend warrior. I generally prefer functional over fancy, but dammit I’m torn.
I have a 5 y/o that is autistic whos my wheeling buddy every weekend, but he can be extra messy, which leans me towards mgv but not locked in.
Less than $500 difference.

I love smart ass comments, but if you want to be snarky or condescending, save the keystrokes for someone else.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man I feel for ya
I go back and forth too..
I love the BD and I like the upgraded wheels but love the squatch. I know I don’t need it...
I wish we knew for sure if we can add 33s to the BD without modifications...

I wish I could give you some advice but I think both rigs you are considering are pretty awesome and capable
Too be honest you can’t go wrong either way
I’d tell u BD but that’s just because I’m partial
To the MGV

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m getting black diamond like the grill on it but wish they gave everyone choice in what grill they want. They should of made the black diamond grill grey too so it matched the top another missed opportunity bye the rockstars

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man I feel for ya
I go back and forth too..
I love the BD and I like the upgraded wheels but love the squatch. I know I don’t need it...
I wish we knew for sure if we can add 33s to the BD without modifications...

I wish I could give you some advice but I think both rigs you are considering are pretty awesome and capable
Too be honest you can’t go wrong either way
I’d tell u BD but that’s just because I’m partial
To the MGV
It’s close enough that I’ll be adding the big 33’s (285/75r17), worst case is a small level kit for the front. Either way I’m going up in tire size.

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Having a hell of a time choosing between the BD & BB.

near identical specs (2.3/7 spd/ rear locker/ mod bumper/brush guard/ rock rails/bikini top and roof rack)

BB has signature lighting, tow package (for recovery points since the BB doesn’t have rear hooks (I THINK?) and the matching grill to the top.

BD has the MGV and washout floors (obvi), upgraded t case, rear tow points, better tires to start with (can be changed later), and the ugly steelies scream functional to me.

I’m ultimately going up to 285/75r17 tires, it’ll be my DD and weekend warrior. I generally prefer functional over fancy, but dammit I’m torn.
I have a 5 y/o that is autistic whos my wheeling buddy every weekend, but he can be extra messy, which leans me towards mgv but not locked in.
Less than $500 difference.

I love smart ass comments, but if you want to be snarky or condescending, save the keystrokes for someone else.
Replace the lighting aftermarket on the BD...MGV would be the put over the edge.

Lights replaced a lot cheaper than putting money into interior

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BL has MGV too. Other than the better suspension it also has available options with the manual that the BD doesn’t. Like all the packages vs nothing for the BD. I was getting the BD but at the very least I wanted the Mid package which is not offered with the manual BD. Also orange accents vs blue. Oh and no signature head lights on the BD if that matters.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BL has MGV too. Other than the better suspension it also has available options with the manual that the BD doesn’t. Like all the packages vs nothing for the BD. I was getting the BD but at the very least I wanted the Mid package which is not offered with the manual BD. Also orange accents vs blue. Oh and no signature head lights on the BD if that matters.
I would love to go BL, but that stretches my budget farther than I want to go. If I could it would alleviate 99% of my insanity.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For my decision, we are still on the fence between those two as well. For us, it comes down to whether we want the advanced transfer case or not. My wife prefers the signature lights, but hopefully we can add that later on our own to the BD. Love the colors of the BD interior.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For my decision, we are still on the fence between those two as well. For us, it comes down to whether we want the advanced transfer case or not. My wife prefers the signature lights, but hopefully we can add that later on our own to the BD. Love the colors of the BD interior.
I like the blue trim on the BD too, but I don’t mind the simplicity of the standard BB either.

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would love to go BL, but that stretches my budget farther than I want to go. If I could it would alleviate 99% of my insanity.
Sorry I misread the header I didn’t see BB thought it was BL. Then definitely go with BD. Trade someone for either the BL or BB grill.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the blue trim on the BD too, but I don’t mind the simplicity of the standard BB either.
My wife actually wanted cloth, so I'm still working on convincing her the MGV will work for us.