JL Wrangler vs New Ford Bronco

RSQMONKEY

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 4 Door 3500
Yea I'm excited to see the Bronco come out as it might put more pressure on Jeep to correct some of the most common complaints on the Wrangler, but in order for that to happen the Bronco has to have all the same elements of the Wrangler (removable top/panels, real off road capabilities, 2 & 4 door versions, and a diesel offering)
Dear God - Please - A Bronco with a power stroke and frame that can handle towing a camper or boat... PLEASE!!?? Sure I see all the Wrangler comparisons but I can dream can't I? I mean damn. Just the faintest hint to the Excursion is all I am asking for. My old Bronco (Just like OJ's) was bad ass and I could tow a heavy boat or medium camper. I miss that damn Bronco.
Sponsored

Wayfarer1008

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Bronco
The next Wrangler (JL) is already being spotted testing in public. It's supposed to rock a new turbo 4 engine which the pics were leaked here...

http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...JL-2-0L-Turbo-Engine-(Hurricane)-FIRST-photos!

It's also supposed to be lighter and more aero. FCA has said whatever changes they make it will be even better off road too. A tall order for Ford if this is all true.

Assuming this is the Bronco's main competition which we all hope it is. Ford's got to take a long and hard look and I hope they dont shun away from the challenge. I don't want the bean counters to start pushing this into suburban SUV category.
On the TV news this week, Ford said that the 3.0-liter diesel it will be offering is the 3.0-liter diesel currently available in Land Rovers. 'Sounds like a good choice of engines to me provided Ford checks them out VERY carefully to assure that they actually DO meet diesel emissions standards without cheater software that lowers emissions to legal levels only when the engines are hooked up to emissions compliance testing equipment.
The first generation 3.0 diesels used in land rovers were incredible motor with only one electrical connection to close a valve to turn the motor off. It was so primitive that you could bump start them by using a Mag-Light flash connected to the airlock valve to open the air lock. The one used in the New ones is a turbo Diesel version of it developed with Ford when they owned Land Rover that also is available in the new Ford Transit van. It would be a great powerplant.

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bronco with the coyote would suit me fine. Great motor and can be set up for low end torque.
Make a two door available with solid axles, front and rear lockers, full frame and lets go off-roading

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much of a conquest rebate do you suppose Ford might offer for a Wrangler on a Bronco?

:question:

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bronco with the coyote would suit me fine. Great motor and can be set up for low end torque.
Make a two door available with solid axles, front and rear lockers, full frame and lets go off-roading
And a MANual

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

,I was in the JL camp until very recently

2.7tt AND a Manual? How can a guy who'd mod anything he gets his hands on not want that?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How much of a conquest rebate do you suppose Ford might offer for a Wrangler on a Bronco?

:question:
I hope not much otherwise my wife will be losing her Jeep!!:like: