redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought this thread was to talk about how the AB paint looked in the sun. But I would wager most of the posts are about the MIC top. I'm not knocking any of you, and personally I hope you all keep cancelling your reservations so mine moves up the list?.

But have any of you thought about just getting the soft top, and buying the hardtop next year as an accessory?

Seems like you all are getting all sorts of mad because you can't get everything as you like it from day one. For me, I figured that there was bound to be design elements that probably didn't live up to all of the hype, as there is in every car, just at this point none have been show stoppers for me.

Maybe try not to feed off all the negatives, and look at the positives, if you still can't stomach it there's always next year, and I personally thank you for moving me up on the reservation list, and one day closer to my Bronco than I was before. ?

It started off about AMB in the sun as with most threads around here anymore the fall apart after a few pages :confused:

I'm with you, I get a glimmer in my eye when I see "cancelled my res " ......... I think, moving up, :ROFLMAO: at least I got in before the '21 cutoff. I have been 2DR Base Squatch AMB since the start.
Sponsored

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought this thread was to talk about how the AB paint looked in the sun. But I would wager most of the posts are about the MIC top. I'm not knocking any of you, and personally I hope you all keep cancelling your reservations so mine moves up the list?.

But have any of you thought about just getting the soft top, and buying the hardtop next year as an accessory?

Seems like you all are getting all sorts of mad because you can't get everything as you like it from day one. For me, I figured that there was bound to be design elements that probably didn't live up to all of the hype, as there is in every car, just at this point none have been show stoppers for me.

Maybe try not to feed off all the negatives, and look at the positives, if you still can't stomach it there's always next year, and I personally thank you for moving me up on the reservation list, and one day closer to my Bronco than I was before. ?
OMG you are so right! I have been assimilated to the cry baby crowd!!

Screw it. Iā€™m getting my AMB Badlands and Iā€™ll just paint the top, fender flares and grill how I want it. Iā€™d much rather do that and enjoy my Bronco next year than whine and wait for another year or two.

Thanks for the wake up call!! ?

Deleted member 13702

OMG you are so right! I have been assimilated to the cry baby crowd!!

Screw it. Iā€™m getting my AMB Badlands and Iā€™ll just paint the top, fender flares and grill how I want it. Iā€™d much rather do that and enjoy my Bronco next year than whine and wait for another year or two.

Thanks for the wake up call!! ?
Now your getting it, good to see that you're growing as a person. Shedding your old ways and negative attitudes. I applaud you and your new approach to life. ?

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now your getting it, good to see that you're growing as a person. Shedding your old ways and negative attitudes. I applaud you and your new approach to life. ?
Lmao...itā€™s amazing what a kick in the ass and a few margaritas can do for a person ?

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is hard to say. But Iā€™ve been the biggest advocate of this color. Probably second place to the member that literally bought the paint and sprayed out samples....

Between constantly posting updates, contacting dealers and organizing information to get real life video footage. Iā€™ve probably wasted countless hours researching this color, similar colors, Jay Leno build etc. Then getting quotes to paint a the black mod top white. I refused to even accept the possibility of changing colors. I still have dealers upwards of 50 miles away contacting me about F150s and super duties coming to the lot next month in AMB that they think I am looking to purchase. Because Iā€™ve been tirelessly researching any AMB car I could get my hands on. Thatā€™s how far down the road I went.

But at the end of the day, I simply canā€™t do it. Even if I do find I like it in person. IMO this must be paired with OBX and either a shadow black, white, or body color mod top. Between the dashboard on OBX roast, the alternative navy pier, no white tops, then no black tops...the long added wait, and possibly carrying the mushroom soft top through winter, this is a non starter. Alternatively you could custom paint handles and flares o say a Badlands which adds to the costs, and still leaves you with the wait for the mod top. Iā€™ll sometimes convince myself that itā€™s only money. But in this case, money canā€™t solve this. I canā€™t pay webasto to ship me a mod top in 2021 even if it meant custom painting it. This is out of my control and Iā€™ve thrown in the towel.

Itā€™s a shame. I just canā€™t justify this for a MY21 build. Simple as that.

So after all this lusting, the YouTube videos, the dealership visits hunting down magma red and green gem, I must officially bid AMB adieu.

Locked into A51 on the Badlands. I donā€™t feel too bad about it because I like the MIC/A51/Badlands build. Itā€™s just different. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll have regrets knowing what the interior options are on the OBX. Itā€™s not as simple as waiting for a mod top. Oh well. Sorry guys.

Last edited:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is hard to say. But Iā€™ve been the biggest advocate of this color. Probably second place to the member that literally bought the paint and sprayed out samples....

Between constantly posting updates, contacting dealers and organizing information to get real life video footage. Iā€™ve probably wasted countless hours researching this color, similar colors, Jay Leno build etc. Then getting quotes to paint a the black mod top white. I refused to even accept the possibility of changing colors. I still have dealers upwards of 50 miles away contacting me about F150s and super duties coming to the lot next month in AMB that they think I am looking to purchase. Because Iā€™ve been tirelessly researching any AMB car I could get my hands on. Thatā€™s how far down the road I went.

But at the end of the day, I simply canā€™t do it. Even if I do find I like it in person. IMO this must be paired with OBX and either a shadow black, white, or body color mod top. Between the dashboard on OBX roast, the alternative navy pier, no white tops, then no black tops...the long added wait, and possibly carrying the mushroom soft top through winter, this is a non starter. Alternatively you could custom paint handles and flares o say a Badlands which adds to the costs, and still leaves you with the wait for the mod top. Iā€™ll sometimes convince myself that itā€™s only money. But in this case, money canā€™t solve this. I canā€™t pay webasto to ship me a mod top in 2021 even if it meant custom painting it. This is out of my control and Iā€™ve thrown in the towel.

So after all this lusting, the YouTube videos, the dealership visits hunting down magma red and green gem, I must officially bid AMB adieu.

Locked into A51 on the Badlands. I donā€™t feel too bad about it because I like the MIC/A51/Badlands build. Itā€™s just different. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll have regrets know what the interior options are on OBX. Itā€™s not as simple as waiting for a mod top. Oh well. Sorry guys.
Damnit nooo
Less a51s the better. I wanna be unique dammit lol (a fools endeavor)

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base

Locked into A51 on the Badlands. I donā€™t feel too bad about it because I like the MIC/A51/Badlands build. Itā€™s just different. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll have regrets know what the interior options are on OBX. Itā€™s not as simple as waiting for a mod top. Oh well. Sorry guys.
Why not get AMB, and just trade your roast interior with someone else who got Big Bend w/ Mid package , in Space Grey?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why not get AMB, and just trade your roast interior with someone else who got Big Bend w/ Mid package , in Space Grey?
Lux or bust. Which puts me into badlands with better interior. I already got rough quotes to paint flares, handles mirrors and grille. Between those added costs PLUS wait for mod top, itā€™s not worth it.

Again, happy, maybe more happy given how this unfolded, with my Day 1 A51 mic badlands build. No shopping for 33s, no waiting for mod tops. When my day 1 reservation gets fulfilled I could just put this to bed. I like that idea. I like that idea a lot.

Sponsored

Mjr0522

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar I Pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
JUST

WANTED

TO

WITH

MY

WHITE TOP FRIENDS
in order (white top only , white top with fenders , white top with fenders and door handle , white top with fenders door and grill)
Ford Bronco First look at Antimatter Blue Bronco in the sun! Bronco Antimatter Blu

Ford Bronco First look at Antimatter Blue Bronco in the sun! Bronco Antimatter Blu

Iā€™m confused on this white top thing. The white top doesnā€™t look good at all to me.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™m confused on this white top thing. The white top doesnā€™t look good at all to me.
Iā€™m right there with you. Not a big white fan on cars in general, everyone does it

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like even the black soft tops will also get the GREY fenders.... :mad:........really?

Ford Bronco First look at Antimatter Blue Bronco in the sun! 1604062387693

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whoever took all the photos of the painted bodies outside knows how to use a camera and should be the one taking photos of these finished broncos outside. Is some one(s) at the Ford plant intentionally F'ing with us by taking these back only shots or are they just horrible with a camera. I cant trust the color photos inside the factory because those lights play horrible tricks to cars colors especially when taken through a camera.

BraptorAddict

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco First look at Antimatter Blue Bronco in the sun! Bronco mods2

I really hope they get smart and offer white steelies to go with the white roof!

I'm not a huge fan of the white fenders (I'd prefer body-colored), but this, with AMB would be killer.
Sponsored